nklr take three 765cc pistons, mix and ...

DSN_KLR650
srolfe_ca

renthal bend- banshee vs atv racer?

Post by srolfe_ca » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:28 pm

I was checking bends at my dealer today, and found that the Renthal 781-01 "ATV Racer" handlebars are very, very close to the stock KLR bend. I am looking for about an inch of extra rise and the same amount of extra pullback. After poring over the Renthal catalogue, it seems likely that their Yamaha Banshee bend would do the trick. Has anyone tried these bars on a KLR, and does anyone see a potential problem with this application? Steve Rolfe '02 A16

Tumu Rock

renthal bend- banshee vs atv racer?

Post by Tumu Rock » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:45 am

I *think* I have the Banshee bend on my bike now. I know it's an ATV bend and it IS taller than stock with slightly less pullback. I love 'em. My suggestion, if you're not sure on a particular bend, is buy some Moose steel bars in the bend that you're considering and try 'em out for a while. If you like the bend, buy the aluminum ones. The steel bars are like $16.95 and then you have a set of spares in case you inadvertantly change the bend of your expensive aluminum bbars. dat brooklyn bum (loves ATV bends for the height)
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "srolfe_ca" wrote: > I was checking bends at my dealer today, and found that the Renthal > 781-01 "ATV Racer" handlebars are very, very close to the stock KLR > bend. > > I am looking for about an inch of extra rise and the same amount of > extra pullback. > > After poring over the Renthal catalogue, it seems likely that their > Yamaha Banshee bend would do the trick. > > Has anyone tried these bars on a KLR, and does anyone see a > potential problem with this application? > > Steve Rolfe > '02 A16

xs650@dejazzd.com

nklr take three 765cc pistons, mix and ...

Post by xs650@dejazzd.com » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:42 pm

Its too bad that Blake Conner didn't realize that the BSA Rocket 3 and Triumph Trident were different engines. While they were similar, the Rocket 3 had forward tilted cylinders as opposed to Triumph's vertical bores. Sure the Triumph Hurricane had forward sloped cylinders, but the name Triumph was stamped OVER the BSA logo originally on the cases. This machine was a styling excercise of Craig Vetter, and to be marketed by BSA. It had BSA's double downtube frame, and 5spd trans as I recall. The union strike of 1972 killed BSA, and the Hurricane was then rebadged and sold as a Triumph, all 1171 of them. The T-160 was the last of the Tridents, and had forward sloped cylinders and electric start, but still appeared different than the Rocket 3 engine. The new machine doesn't do any more for me than a Boss Hoss or whatever they're called. Only a certain amount of bulk is practical, but I guess that the folks who buy this crap don't care about riding, just posing or cruising from bar to bar..... Eric in Pa
> > From: "Pat Schmid" > Date: 2003/08/20 Wed PM 10:48:57 EDT > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Take three 765cc pistons, mix and ... > > You guys have got to check this out: > http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=5263 > > Sounds like there is a new sheriff in town boys. Time for HD and Honda > to move over. > > Pat > G'ville, NV > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >