corbin klr touring seat for sale!!

DSN_KLR650
louis lavoie

klr 650 and trailer

Post by louis lavoie » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:35 pm

After a year of riding my KLR A14, it is now time for me to find a solution to the biggest problem that I have. Me and my wife really like to go camping. Riding two up the KLR is not so bad but when come time to add extra camping stuff, well it's kind a short. I have been thinking of the possibility to use a small trailer for this purpose. Do you think the KLR 650 is strong enough to pull an extra 100 pound. Do you know anyone who has experiment that. _________________________________________________________________ MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/

Grant Johnson - Horizons Unlimited

klr 650 and trailer

Post by Grant Johnson - Horizons Unlimited » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:16 pm

I wouldn't recommend towing a trailer off-road - they've been known to bounce and flip over... instant stop, messy. Shouldn't have any problem towing on-road. see you on the road someday, somewhere... Grant Johnson Horizons Unlimited - Live the Dream! at the Motorcycle Travellers' website: www.HorizonsUnlimited.com -----Original Message----- From: louis lavoie [mailto:asjlavoie@...] Sent: 19-August-2003 1:36 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] KLR 650 and trailer After a year of riding my KLR A14, it is now time for me to find a solution to the biggest problem that I have. Me and my wife really like to go camping. Riding two up the KLR is not so bad but when come time to add extra camping stuff, well it's kind a short. I have been thinking of the possibility to use a small trailer for this purpose. Do you think the KLR 650 is strong enough to pull an extra 100 pound. Do you know anyone who has experiment that.

Mark Sampson

klr 650 and trailer

Post by Mark Sampson » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:54 pm

I think putting a trailer on a KLR650 is a very bad idea. If it was a good idea and worked out-----you would see people doing it. The KLR barely does good just to pull 2 people. And when you have to stop-------whoa----the KLR has a hard time stopping itself. And the rear subframe is going to take the load-----and the subframe can break just from normal use---or at least the bolts can. Mark Sampson www.bigdogadventures.com

Guy B. Young II - COG Tech. Ed.

klr 650 and trailer

Post by Guy B. Young II - COG Tech. Ed. » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:06 pm

A swivel coupling minimizes the risk. See: http://www.mindspring.com/~gbyoung2/misc/addons/hitchdoc/swivel_all_bw.jpg Scroll down on the above sire for several views. The trailer can rotate 360 deg. and not drastically affect the bike. Guy At 04:15 PM 8/19/03 -0700, Grant Johnson - Horizons Unlimited wrote:
>I wouldn't recommend towing a trailer off-road - they've been known to >bounce and flip over... instant stop, messy.

cdnabn49

klr 650 and trailer

Post by cdnabn49 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:58 pm

"louis lavoie" After a year of riding my KLR A14, it is now time for me to find a solution to the biggest problem that I have. Me and my wife really like to go camping. Riding two up the KLR is not so bad but when come time to add extra camping stuff, well it's kind a short. I have been thinking of the possibility to use a small trailer for this purpose.Do you think the KLR 650 is strong enough to pull an extra 100 pound. Do you know anyone who has experiment that. ~cdnabn49~ you'd think if they can make a trailer for a mountain bike they'd be able to make one like this for dual sport bikes??? http://www.bobtrailers.com/index.html?main=yak.html

Dominic & Sandra

corbin klr touring seat for sale!!

Post by Dominic & Sandra » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:33 pm

A CORBIN KLR TOURING SEAT FOR SALE, BRAND NEW IN PERFECT CONDITION, LESS THAN 5 MILES OF USE ON IT,STARTING BID ON EBAY IS 200, BUY TODAY FOR 215 PLUS SHIPPING!! OR BID ON EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=2428852621