03 sighting.. edmonton, ab, canada

DSN_KLR650
Russell D. Stephan

sucking stealers.

Post by Russell D. Stephan » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:31 pm

Last week I called a local dealer to find out the procedures for getting my ST1100 body work evaluated for insurance purposes. Remember that U- turning idiot from West Virginia? Anyhow, last week a service write told me to just come on in and drop off the bike. They'll take two to three days to get around to running the estimate but other than than nothing special. So, I arrange to leave work early today. I arrange to have Ann pick me up. I fight rush hour traffic... At the dealership (Honda Northwest of Columbus) I wait patiently until one of the service writers has a moment. "Can I help you?" "Yes, I called last week about dropping my bike off for a few days to get an insurance estimate." "Yep, you can leave it. Should be done in about three weeks." "Three weeks for an estimate?!?! The guy on the phone said three to four days." "Nope. I can get to it in three weeks. It would have been better if you reserved an appointment." "The guy on the phone didn't say anything about an appointment!" Needless to say, this is yet a fine example of why my bikes haven't graced the insides of a dealership in the last fifteen years. Bastards. Maybe worthwhile to visit one of the Honda dealerships farther out in the country where, hopefully, business is a little more scarce and the service a little more honest. Of course, I should really blame myself for trusting a dealership to be straight with answers concerning the shop's operations. I skipped my primary rule and *didn't* get promise boy's name when I called them on the phone to get the low down on the procedures. I got Brad Kesterson's card, however. Gonna write the dealership a real friendly, "You need to improve your business practices when it comes to disseminating consistent information to customers." ========== Worked a little on the KLR today and changed the oil. The oil was that nice chocolate brown color exhibited by water contamination. Submerging the bike will do that to oil. She still runs for a few minutes before dying. Looks like a carb pull and clean. However, before I can get to that, Ann's S10 decided to request a new water pump. Wenching `round the clock. Russell D. Stephan Technology Management Consulting, Inc. 6479 Reflections Drive, Suite 150. Dublin, Ohio 43017 Voice: (614) 760-3065 Fax: (614) 760-3360

Hans Koenig

sucking stealers.

Post by Hans Koenig » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:30 pm

"Russell D. Stephan" writes:
>Last week I called a local dealer to find out the procedures for getting >my >ST1100 body work evaluated for insurance purposes. Remember that U- >turning idiot from West Virginia?
When a student ran off the range (wheelie!) during a class (3 years ago) I taught and totaled my bike, the Progressive guy came out the very next day, spend 45 minutes at my house, examined the bike (on my trailer), calculated the loss and then wrote me a check on the spot. End of story. Why wouldn't your insurer send out an adjuster to where the bike is located? You shouldn't have to jump through all the burning hoops, incur add'l expenses and inconveniences! Good luck! JMTCW Hans in Minneapolis

cdnabn49

03 sighting.. edmonton, ab, canada

Post by cdnabn49 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:03 am

Saw a 03 KLR travelling eastbound on connors road last night at about 645pm... you out there? ~cdnabn49~

cdnabn49

sucking stealers.

Post by cdnabn49 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:17 am

ya i know the same feeling... made an appointment to have the dealership look at my KLR 9000k and buring blue... took it in on a wednesday... they said "we have a look at it right away and let ya know." ok cool... i figure a day or two... a week later it still hasn't been pulled into the shop / looked at. two weeks go by... they have just pulled it into the shop and will have a look at it on first thing the next day (thursday) friday i call... they 'think' its the rings? W T F! week 3~ they have orderparts should take a week to come in... going into week 4 now???? W T F!!! GLAD I MADE AN APPOINTMENT!!! They don't return the call's ... i have to call them 2 - 3 times before i get a somewhat scetchy reply... i am not a happy camper! what has happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE? Geez guy's tell me straight up... i can take the news... aight! so if there are any service rep's out there take notice... you might just get boycotted... the power of the web! ~cdnabn49~ "Russell D. Stephan" Last week I called a local dealer to find out the procedures for getting my ST1100 body work evaluated for insurance purposes. Remember that U-turning idiot from West Virginia? Anyhow, last week a service write told me to just come on in and drop off the bike. They'll take two to three days to get around to running the estimate but other than than nothing special. So, I arrange to leave work early today. I arrange to have Ann pick me up. I fight rush hour traffic...At the dealership (Honda Northwest of Columbus) I wait patiently until one of the service writers has a moment."Can I help you?""Yes, I called last week about dropping my bike off for a few days to get an insurance estimate.""Yep, you can leave it. Should be done in about three weeks." "Three weeks for an estimate?!?!

cdnabn49

sucking stealers.

Post by cdnabn49 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:26 am

ya i know the same feeling... made an appointment to have the dealership look at my KLR 9000k and buring blue... took it in on a wednesday... they said "we have a look at it right away and let ya know." ok cool... i figure a day or two... a week later it still hasn't been pulled into the shop / looked at. two weeks go by... they have just pulled it into the shop and will have a look at it on first thing the next day (thursday) friday i call... they 'think' its the rings? W T F! week 3~ they have orderparts should take a week to come in... going into week 4 now???? W T F!!! GLAD I MADE AN APPOINTMENT!!! They don't return the call's ... i have to call them 2 - 3 times before i get a somewhat scetchy reply... i am not a happy camper! what has happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE? Geez guy's tell me straight up... i can take the news... aight! so if there are any service rep's out there take notice... you might just get boycotted... the power of the web! ~cdnabn49~ "Russell D. Stephan" Last week I called a local dealer to find out the procedures for getting my ST1100 body work evaluated for insurance purposes. Remember that U-turning idiot from West Virginia? Anyhow, last week a service write told me to just come on in and drop off the bike. They'll take two to three days to get around to running the estimate but other than than nothing special. So, I arrange to leave work early today. I arrange to have Ann pick me up. I fight rush hour traffic...At the dealership (Honda Northwest of Columbus) I wait patiently until one of the service writers has a moment."Can I help you?""Yes, I called last week about dropping my bike off for a few days to get an insurance estimate.""Yep, you can leave it. Should be done in about three weeks." "Three weeks for an estimate?!?!

tammy@dualsportrider.org

sucking stealers.

Post by tammy@dualsportrider.org » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:35 am

cdnabn49 I just did rings and seals on a 01 KLR, it was only down for 1 day, and I came to them, all they had to do is call me when the parts came in and have coffee for me when I got there to do the work. Maybe you need to move, NJ is nice this time of the yr. But I will not be here, OH this weekend then I'm off to NC for the 2nd time to replace more doohickey's... Got to love the KLR it let's me do the two things I love the most ride and wrench. Tammy *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********
On 7/22/2003 at 2:17 PM cdnabn49 wrote: >ya i know the same feeling... made an appointment to have the >dealership look at my KLR 9000k and buring blue... took it in on a >wednesday... they said "we have a look at it right away and let ya >know." ok cool... i figure a day or two... a week later it still >hasn't been pulled into the shop / looked at. two weeks go by... >they have just pulled it into the shop and will have a look at it on >first thing the next day (thursday) friday i call... they 'think' >its the rings? W T F! week 3~ they have orderparts should take a >week to come in... going into week 4 now???? W T F!!! > >GLAD I MADE AN APPOINTMENT!!! > >They don't return the call's ... i have to call them 2 - 3 times >before i get a somewhat scetchy reply... i am not a happy camper! >what has happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE? Geez guy's tell me straight >up... i can take the news... aight! > >so if there are any service rep's out there take notice... you might >just get boycotted... the power of the web! > >~cdnabn49~ > > > >"Russell D. Stephan" >Last week I called a local dealer to find out the procedures for >getting my ST1100 body work evaluated for insurance purposes. >Remember that U-turning idiot from West Virginia? Anyhow, last week >a service write told me to just come on in and drop off the bike. >They'll take two to three days to get around to running the estimate >but other than than nothing special. So, I arrange to leave work >early today. I arrange to have Ann pick me up. I fight rush hour >traffic...At the dealership (Honda Northwest of Columbus) I wait >patiently until one of the service writers has a moment."Can I help >you?""Yes, I called last week about dropping my bike off for a few >days to get an insurance estimate.""Yep, you can leave it. Should >be done in about three weeks." > "Three weeks for an estimate?!?! > > >List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ >courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html >Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/