vendor-dual sport news subscription promotion

DSN_KLR650
Gary Charpentier

"...and now for something completely different!"

Post by Gary Charpentier » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:48 am

Anticipation of my pending KLR purchase has got me thinking... The KLR is a bike which just cries out for accessories. I see them all over this list: The bash plate, "Real" handguards, that nifty headlight guard somebody posted yesterday, some kind of radiator and waterpump guard... the list goes on and on. This weekend I am cleaning out the garage to make room for the KLR, and my wife said it was just like when she was getting the baby's room ready for our daughter. That sparked an epiphany! When Emily was due, the wife had a baby shower. She invited all her friends over for coffee and stuff, and they "showered" her with gifts for the new baby. Brilliant! Why not start a new tradition amongst new KLR owners? The beverage would be beer, rather than coffee, but the spirit would be the same. I could send out a list of needed accessories to all my riding buddies, they could purchase all the things my new "baby" will need when it takes it's first tentative steps off-road! Maybe we could hold a ceremonial doohicky swap right there in the garage and then christen the bike with a stream of beer over the front tire. I'm surprised the chrome-besotted H-D crowd hasn't come up with this idea... Do you think it will fly? Eagerly awaiting your opinions... =gc= __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com

Allan Patton

Post by Allan Patton » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:07 am

Do you want pink or baby blue fork booties?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Charpentier" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 6:48 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] "...and now for something Completely Different!" > > Anticipation of my pending KLR purchase has got me thinking... > > The KLR is a bike which just cries out for accessories. I see them all > over this list: The bash plate, "Real" handguards, that nifty headlight > guard somebody posted yesterday, some kind of radiator and waterpump > guard... the list goes on and on. > > This weekend I am cleaning out the garage to make room for the KLR, and > my wife said it was just like when she was getting the baby's room > ready for our daughter. That sparked an epiphany! When Emily was due, > the wife had a baby shower. She invited all her friends over for coffee > and stuff, and they "showered" her with gifts for the new baby. > Brilliant! Why not start a new tradition amongst new KLR owners? The > beverage would be beer, rather than coffee, but the spirit would be the > same. I could send out a list of needed accessories to all my riding > buddies, they could purchase all the things my new "baby" will need > when it takes it's first tentative steps off-road! Maybe we could hold > a ceremonial doohicky swap right there in the garage and then christen > the bike with a stream of beer over the front tire. > > I'm surprised the chrome-besotted H-D crowd hasn't come up with this > idea... Do you think it will fly? > > Eagerly awaiting your opinions... > > =gc= > > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! > http://sbc.yahoo.com > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

steve pye

Post by steve pye » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:25 am

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Charpentier" > I could send out a list of needed accessories to all my riding > buddies, they could purchase all the things my new "baby" will need > when it takes it's first tentative steps off-road! > I'm surprised the chrome-besotted H-D crowd hasn't come up with this > idea... Do you think it will fly? > > Eagerly awaiting your opinions... > =gc= > LOL! I don't know Gary. Call me a selfish bastard but if I'm going to spend big bucks on accessories I think I'll stick to buying them for my OWN bike instead of one of my buddies!! Steve A11

Gary Charpentier

Post by Gary Charpentier » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:50 am

That would be an easy question if I had the earlier (Barbie) versions, wouldn't it? Nyuck nyuck, =gc= --- Allan Patton wrote:
> Do you want pink or baby blue fork booties? >
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com

Gary Charpentier

Post by Gary Charpentier » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:20 am

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus, Steve. Baby stuff comes a LOT cheaper than MC accessories. I suppose a machined-from-billet rattle would cost a pretty penny, and that's probably why I've never seen one. Well, you can't blame me for tryin'! Cheers, =gc= --- Steve Pye wrote:
> > LOL! I don't know Gary. Call me a selfish bastard but if I'm going > to spend > big bucks on accessories I think I'll stick to buying them for my OWN > bike > instead of one of my buddies!! > > Steve > A11 > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com

Tengai Mark Van Horn

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:35 pm

At 4:48 AM -0700 7/12/03, Gary Charpentier wrote:
> Maybe we could hold >a ceremonial doohicky swap right there in the garage and then christen >the bike with a stream of beer over the front tire.
Kinda like a circumcision! Mark

Gary Charpentier

Post by Gary Charpentier » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:31 pm

Though I hate to admit it, those were my thoughts exactly. Shudder... =gc= --- Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote:
> At 4:48 AM -0700 7/12/03, Gary Charpentier wrote: > > Maybe we could hold > >a ceremonial doohicky swap right there in the garage and then > christen > >the bike with a stream of beer over the front tire. > > Kinda like a circumcision! > Mark >

Mark Yocom

Post by Mark Yocom » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:47 pm

Gary, I think it's a fantastic idea. In fact, let me be the first to claim dibs on the all import PVC tool storage/highway peg tube "mod." I think I can handle the whopping $3.95 expense. *grin* Of course you'll need the Bash Plate to fasten it properly. But I'm sure another lister would be more than happy to shower ya with that one. ;) -NM Mark A13 '04 R1150GSA -----Original Message----- From: Gary Charpentier [mailto:garycafe01@...] Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 2:32 PM To: Tengai Mark Van Horn Cc: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] "...and now for something Completely Different!" Though I hate to admit it, those were my thoughts exactly. Shudder... =gc= --- Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote:
> At 4:48 AM -0700 7/12/03, Gary Charpentier wrote: > > Maybe we could hold > >a ceremonial doohicky swap right there in the garage and then > christen > >the bike with a stream of beer over the front tire. > > Kinda like a circumcision! > Mark >

Gary Charpentier

Post by Gary Charpentier » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:27 am

Now there's something I hadn't thought of... If my idea were to succeed, I might end up with a large number of low-buck, questionable accessories which I would be bound by gratitude to attach to my bike. My poor KLR might end up looking like a Philippino cycle taxi, festooned with St. Christopher medalions and funky gadgets made from plumbing hardware. My street cred would take a serious beating! Hmmmm... maybe it's not such a hot idea after all. Oh well, it killed a couple of waiting days anyway. I am now down to "Four and a wake-up". I pick up the bike on Thursday... better check the weather forecast! Ride well, =gc= --- Mark Yocom wrote:
> Gary, I think it's a fantastic idea. In fact, let me be the first to > claim dibs on the all import PVC tool storage/highway peg tube "mod." > I > think I can handle the whopping $3.95 expense. *grin* Of course > you'll > need the Bash Plate to fasten it properly. But I'm sure another > lister > would be more than happy to shower ya with that one. ;) > -NM Mark > A13 > '04 R1150GSA > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Gary Charpentier [mailto:garycafe01@...] > Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 2:32 PM > To: Tengai Mark Van Horn > Cc: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] "...and now for something Completely > Different!" > > Though I hate to admit it, those were my thoughts exactly. > > Shudder... > > =gc= > > --- Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote: > > At 4:48 AM -0700 7/12/03, Gary Charpentier wrote: > > > Maybe we could hold > > >a ceremonial doohicky swap right there in the garage and then > > christen > > >the bike with a stream of beer over the front tire. > > > > Kinda like a circumcision! > > Mark > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Roy

Post by Roy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:50 am

Won't work. You did't come to my KLR party so I'm not coming to yours. Roy Cope