mcn klr project bike to fssnoc rally june 24-26

DSN_KLR650
kolinasp

progressive springs spaces

Post by kolinasp » Tue May 13, 2003 5:50 pm

Hello, i own a kawasaki klr650A (87-red) I recently bought a WP set of progressive fork spring set. The problem is that the set i bought had no spacers inside the package. I also noticed that an american company makes progressive fork spring kit and reccomends the usage of 2" in spacers.I want to ask if anybody can help me out with this.DO I need spacer? and if, how will i calculate its length? the legth of the WP springs are 63.50 cm or 25" in. thanks

Judson D. Jones

progressive springs spaces

Post by Judson D. Jones » Tue May 13, 2003 10:24 pm

The stock springs are about 20". With a 5" spacer, they are compressed about 3/4" - 1" by the fork caps. I don't know how long my Progressive springs are, but with a 2" spacer, they are very lightly preloaded, so I would guess they have a free length of 22-23", (about 1/4-1/2)" when installed. (anybody who knows the actual dimensions pleas feel free to correct me, I'm just guessing here.) If your springs have a free length of 25", perhaps they are designed to be used without spacers. How much do they compress when you put the fork caps on? --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "kolinasp" wrote:
> Hello, i own a kawasaki klr650A (87-red) > I recently bought a WP set of progressive fork spring set. The
problem
> is that the set i bought had no spacers inside the package. I
also
> noticed that an american company makes progressive fork
spring kit and
> reccomends the usage of 2" in spacers.I want to ask if anybody
can
> help me out with this.DO I need spacer? and if, how will i
calculate
> its length? > the legth of the WP springs are 63.50 cm or 25" in. > thanks

gpokluda

mcn klr project bike to fssnoc rally june 24-26

Post by gpokluda » Wed May 14, 2003 8:27 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Greg Frazier wrote:
> I'll be making a multi-media presentation at the FSSNOC Grand
National Rally banquet in Lander, Wyoming, June 25, "Four Times Around The World By Motorcycle" which will feature much of the KLR ride around the globe last year. The KLR will be there.
> Cheers > Dr. Gregory W. Frazier
Hey, Dr. Greg, I may see you at FSSNOC. Current plans are to make it to Lander on my new -to me- 1986 Yamaha SRX6. Hope to see you there. Gino www.rvmc.com