extra lights...

DSN_KLR650
Nick Greear

carb tuning results

Post by Nick Greear » Sat May 03, 2003 8:49 pm

I was the one having problems with a SuperTrapp and the jetting. The SuperTrapp had nothing inside it and the carb was jetted with the Dyna Jet needle on the fourth "clip" and a 150 main jet (Phase 2). Ran horrible with no power and 35 mpg. I put the stock muffler back on, and went to Phase I jetting (clip on notch 3 and 136 main jet). Bike runs great, has as much power as I imagine a KLR is supposed to have, and with big knobby tires I got 48 mpg last weekend over 1,000 miles to western Colorado. I plan to put more street oriented tires on it when the rear knobby wears out - that should help - as I mostly use it on the street. That plus a 16 tooth front sprocket (and a 14 tooth in the tool kit) should set me up. Anyone have real life experience with a fork brace? I am thinking to install one but before I cough up $150 I'd like some feedback. __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. http://search.yahoo.com

dumbazz650

carb tuning results

Post by dumbazz650 » Sat May 03, 2003 11:29 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Nick Greear wrote:
>... > > Anyone have real life experience with a fork brace? I > am thinking to install one but before I cough up $150 > I'd like some feedback. >
I installed the K9 on my 95 Barbie bike and it helped alot for street use, it made the front end feel much more planted and also reduced the wiggles at high speed. If you ride mostly street, it's a worthy investment. If you ride mostly off-road it's less beneficial, make the front end less compliant and more likely to kick out. I have 15wt fork oil and the combo is too stiff. I'll be changing out the 15wt for some 7wt to try to make it more compliant. It already has the LR Progressive springs. Mark A9, A2 project bike

Jon Sorensen

extra lights...

Post by Jon Sorensen » Sun May 04, 2003 7:41 am

I have Rally micro halogen driving lights installed (less than $20 from Wal-Mart) Mounted in existing holes for front fairing support, two additional 1/4 holes drilled through fairing for additional security. Lights come on sturdy base which allows you to change the angle up/down left/right Very easy to install Does not interfere with headlight guard brace I have mounted to same point Jon '03 KLR 650
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Helmrich" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 9:50 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] extra lights... > has anyone utilized the extra indicator light beside the high beam light > before? If so, for what, and how did you get the black plastic thing out? > What about installing the extra fog light beside the headlights, where can > you get the mounting brackets from? > thank! > > _________________________________________________________________ > Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >