master link clip repote klr

DSN_KLR650
Luke Reimer

klr 250 replacement tires ??

Post by Luke Reimer » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:36 pm

Hi all, the stock Dunlop K750A tires on my KLR250 are 3.00-21 front and 4.6-17 rear ... I'm looking for some more dirt oriented DOT tires to run, but havn't found much out there that I'm confident would properly fit my wheels .. anyone out there with experience in this area? Thanks, Luke _________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

Judson D. Jones

klr 250 replacement tires ??

Post by Judson D. Jones » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:21 pm

Kenda K270. You might only find the rear in a 5.10x17, which may buff the muffler at full compression. A 3.00 or 3.25 front will work fine. You will get other suggestions, but these are cheap, will last, and work pretty well off-road, but will squirm when pushed on pavement.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Luke Reimer" wrote: > Hi all, > > the stock Dunlop K750A tires on my KLR250 are 3.00-21 front and > 4.6-17 rear ... I'm looking for some more dirt oriented DOT tires > to run, but havn't found much out there that I'm confident would > properly fit my wheels .. anyone out there with experience in this > area? > > Thanks, > Luke > > __________________________________________________ _______________ > MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

Devon Jarvis

master link clip repote klr

Post by Devon Jarvis » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:17 pm

Bogdan Swider wrote:Don't have two to compare right here at
> work but.....I think the pin that you wore down ( no doubt riding crazy )
Stupid is what it was, a good look at the chain run would have sorted it all out. Strange thing is I've had the wheel off twice for tire changes, not to mention chain cleanings and adjustments, and simply didn't notice.
> > is longer than would be the case on a rivet link. That's why THEY wore > down while the regular pins are probably still fine. It needs that extra > length to accommodate that dastardly clip. The rivets on top of their > pin, in contrast, would live happily snug against the sideplate; the same > width as the other, normie links. > > Bogdan
You're probably right. I have a spare clip link, which I'm installing tomorrow. But I may invest in a link-riveting tool when I replace the current chain. Or maybe not. Devon