winterize my klr

DSN_KLR650
fcmoon

hey list, let's do it!!!!!

Post by fcmoon » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:26 pm

Hey List!! Why don't we schedule a Dual Sport or KLR rally?? We pulled together to help Tumu!! and I hear about the clinics held in Garages. Denver is in the middle. I'd be willing to help out. Let's talk about that!!! Are you in?!?!? RLTW!!!

Judson D. Jones

Post by Judson D. Jones » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:43 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "fcmoon" wrote:
> Hey List!! > > Why don't we schedule a Dual Sport or KLR rally?? > > We pulled together to help Tumu!! and I hear about the clinics
held
> in Garages. > > Denver is in the middle. > > I'd be willing to help out. > > Let's talk about that!!! > > Are you in?!?!? > > RLTW!!!
Not a bad idea. Actually, Nebraska's in the middle, but I like Colorado better. How about the Springs, Pueblo (because of PMI), or Salida?

Michael Schaefer

Post by Michael Schaefer » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:45 pm

Well, I can say this much. I'll be coming up to Buena Vista, Colorado on July 4th, 2003 with several of my riding buddies for a week of touring the rocky mountains, every inch we can possibly cover in that week. I'll be contacting the Colorado Dualsporters list looking for familiar faces to join us and provide tips on good trails and routes to take. So, so far, that week there will be one Texan on a KLR and one Kali on a BMW GS 650. Anyone else that wants to join us is welcome to come along. Michael A11
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "fcmoon" wrote: > Hey List!! > > Why don't we schedule a Dual Sport or KLR rally?? > > We pulled together to help Tumu!! and I hear about the clinics held > in Garages. > > Denver is in the middle. > > I'd be willing to help out. > > Let's talk about that!!! > > Are you in?!?!? > > RLTW!!!

Tengai650

Post by Tengai650 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:57 pm

At 10:26 PM +0000 10/2/2002, fcmoon wrote:
>Hey List!! > >Why don't we schedule a Dual Sport or KLR rally??
Isn't that what the "Moab get-together" used to be? Mark B2 A2 A3

Douglas Dick

winterize my klr

Post by Douglas Dick » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:56 pm

These are the steps I would take for winterizing a motorcycle 1. Fill gas tank with fuel. 2. Add gas stabilizer to tank 3. Take bike for one last ride. 4. Change the oil and filter 5. Wash and wax bike to perfection. 6. Drain carbs by running bike with fuel petcock off until stalling. 7. Remove spark plug and put two tablespoons of 2 stroke oil into cylinder 8. Reinsert spark plug and run starter with kill switch on. To coat cylinder with oil. 9. Remove battery and put away for winter. Put it on a battery tender and check fluid levels once a month. 10. Block up bike so tires are not on ground. 11. I also remove the seat and keep it inside for winter. In the spring 1. Put battery back and put bike back together. 2. Change oil again 3. Fire bike up. 4. If bike does not fire up without draining battery, then I get trusted friend to tie rope to his car and my bike, and pull it around til it starts 5. Burn of that old gas by going on a long ice cream run and put fresh gas in. You are ready for another summer of riding. Douglas Dick Winnipeg, MB CA mailto:ddick2@... -----Original Message----- From: Michael Schaefer [mailto:strathound@...] Sent: October 2, 2002 5:01 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Winterize My KLR With winter just around the corner, I thought I'd start things off early and ask what people do to make sure they're bikes are ready to go in the spring with the least amount of trouble (cleaning carbs for instance). I did a quick search of the archive and didn't find much. But I did find a suggestion to put some kind of gas treatment in the tank to prevent condensation and rust from occuring. Do you fill the tank up and then put this treatment in? What is the treatment called? Any other tips would be appreciated. Michael A11 Checkout Dual Sport News at http://www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/