unsubscribe

DSN_KLR650
PauL M. Bober

returning motorcyclist crashes new harley in 10 seconds nklr

Post by PauL M. Bober » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:00 pm

Hey this was on paul Harvey today ... yup .. take the classes .. I teach 'em! PauL A9 420 KTM ( for sale) 89 F1 -----Original Message----- From: Walter Lesnowich [mailto:lesnowich@...] Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 5:53 PM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds NKLR Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course. Walt A14 "War Horse" Checkout Dual Sport News at http://www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

don_detloff

Post by don_detloff » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:30 pm

He was probably too busy looking at the reflection in the window of his brand new Harley, brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new Harley jeans, brand new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand new Harley beanie helmet; while checking if is "old lady" was wearing her brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new Harley jeans, brand new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand new Harley beanie helmet and then realizing he wasn't wearing his brand new Harley "If you can read this, the bitch fell off" t-shirt. Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI, USA
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Walter Lesnowich" wrote: > Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds > http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html > > A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course. > > Walt > A14 "War Horse"

Judson D. Jones

Post by Judson D. Jones » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:41 pm

You guys all probably think that story is funny. Well, I have a riding buddy whose mom bought a new fat boy: 45 year old woman trying to keep up with a 29-year-old boyfriend (I'm supposed to call this guy "dad"? says my friend, 28) She took the MSF course, passed with flying colors. Fired up the Fat Boy and ran right into the dumpster. $3000 damage. Now, that's funny. Wait. It's the same story. I guess you gotta watch out for all those Harleys. You never know who's riding them.
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "don_detloff" wrote: > He was probably too busy looking at the reflection in the window of > his brand new Harley, brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new > Harley jeans, brand new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand > new Harley beanie helmet; while checking if is "old lady" was wearing > her brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new Harley jeans, brand > new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand new Harley beanie > helmet and then realizing he wasn't wearing his brand new Harley "If > you can read this, the bitch fell off" t-shirt. > > Don Detloff > Fair Haven, MI, USA > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Walter Lesnowich" wrote: > > Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds > > http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html > > > > A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course. > > > > Walt > > A14 "War Horse"

Thomas J Komjathy

Post by Thomas J Komjathy » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:50 pm

As an instructor of rider education, I tell my student riders, (in jest) to start out with a smaller bike, get the Boss Hoss with the small block V8, get some seat time, and then get the BIG block model. Had a guy show up the other day with a brand new Hyabussa, 6 weeks riding experience, this happens allot.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judson D. Jones" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 9:41 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds NKLR > You guys all probably think that story is funny. Well, I have a > riding buddy whose mom bought a new fat boy: 45 year old > woman trying to keep up with a 29-year-old boyfriend (I'm > supposed to call this guy "dad"? says my friend, 28) She took > the MSF course, passed with flying colors. Fired up the Fat Boy > and ran right into the dumpster. $3000 damage. Now, that's > funny. Wait. It's the same story. I guess you gotta watch out for all > those Harleys. You never know who's riding them. > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "don_detloff" wrote: > > He was probably too busy looking at the reflection in the > window of > > his brand new Harley, brand new Harley leather jacket, brand > new > > Harley jeans, brand new Harley chaps, brand new Harley > boots, brand > > new Harley beanie helmet; while checking if is "old lady" was > wearing > > her brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new Harley jeans, > brand > > new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand new Harley > beanie > > helmet and then realizing he wasn't wearing his brand new > Harley "If > > you can read this, the bitch fell off" t-shirt. > > > > Don Detloff > > Fair Haven, MI, USA > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Walter Lesnowich" > wrote: > > > Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds > > > http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html > > > > > > A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course. > > > > > > Walt > > > A14 "War Horse" > > > Checkout Dual Sport News at http://www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

dooden

Post by dooden » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:02 am

But if could get out of his driveway without wrecking the bike, how would he get to the classes, let alone make it around the cones ? I could go on, but why bother. ;-) Dooden
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "PauL M. Bober" wrote: > Hey this was on paul Harvey today ... yup .. take the classes .. I teach > 'em! > > PauL > A9 > 420 KTM ( for sale) > 89 F1 > > -----Original Message----- > From: Walter Lesnowich [mailto:lesnowich@a...] > Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 5:53 PM > To: DSN_klr650@y... > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 > seconds NKLR > > > Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds > http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html > > A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course.

dooden

Post by dooden » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:06 am

Thats kinda funny... I think that HD rider whom attempted to loose me in the twistys last weekend, musta been pissed there was a "import" bike that looks like a big bug following him, that prob. cost less than all the HD gear he and his wife were wearing. Dooden
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "don_detloff" wrote: > He was probably too busy looking at the reflection in the window of > his brand new Harley, brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new > Harley jeans, brand new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand > new Harley beanie helmet; while checking if is "old lady" was wearing > her brand new Harley leather jacket, brand new Harley jeans, brand > new Harley chaps, brand new Harley boots, brand new Harley beanie > helmet and then realizing he wasn't wearing his brand new Harley "If > you can read this, the bitch fell off" t-shirt. > > Don Detloff > Fair Haven, MI, USA

PauL M. Bober

Post by PauL M. Bober » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:10 pm

They have this thing called a car or 'cage'. I understand it to be a primitive form of motorcycles! PauL -----Original Message----- From: dooden [mailto:dooden@...] Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 4:03 AM To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds NKLR But if could get out of his driveway without wrecking the bike, how would he get to the classes, let alone make it around the cones ? I could go on, but why bother. ;-) Dooden

Judson D. Jones

Post by Judson D. Jones » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:28 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "PauL M. Bober" wrote:
> They have this thing called a car or 'cage'. I understand it to be a > primitive form of motorcycles! > > PauL >
Watch it. That brand of Darwinism is sure to draw flames.

dooden

Post by dooden » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:29 pm

Kinda like a Car with Training wheels ? ;-) Dooden
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "PauL M. Bober" wrote: > They have this thing called a car or 'cage'. I understand it to be a > primitive form of motorcycles! > > PauL > > -----Original Message----- > From: dooden [mailto:dooden@y...] > Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 4:03 AM > To: DSN_klr650@y... > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in > 10 seconds NKLR > > > But if could get out of his driveway without wrecking the bike, how > would he get to the classes, let alone make it around the cones ? > > I could go on, but why bother. ;-) > > Dooden

Sonny Bulla

Post by Sonny Bulla » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:34 pm

"dooden" replies:
> >Thats kinda funny... I think that HD rider whom attempted to loose >me in the twistys last weekend, musta been pissed there was >a "import" bike that looks like a big bug following him, that prob. >cost less than all the HD gear he and his wife were wearing.
This isn't meant to be a personal attack but,... maybe, he was pissed because he was trying to have a leisurely ride and was annoyed by you buzzing around behind him like one of those pesky gnats that seem to find my face everytime I try to work on my bike. ;-) This reasoning comes from personal experience. When I used to ride my Harleys, occasionally, there would be someone on a crotch rocket that would seem to "target" me by blasting past real close or stay behind blipping their throttle and, basically, annoy the hell out of me for no apparent reason. I had no misconceptions of what my steed at the time was capable of and in no way tried lure anyone into a competition that it wasn't made for. I only surmised that they were gathering fodder for a good story to tell their friends who ride the same kind of machine that they do or they were actually stupid enough to think a Harley was made to be competitive with that style of bike. As far as brand bashing goes...there are scoots made for all kinds of riding, posing, showing, etc., and on them...there are idiots and good folk in all the categories. But, they all have something in common with me. They are on two wheels with an engine 'tween their legs and that makes 'em OK by me. Sonny '02 KLR650