carb pilot screw adjustment - super sherpa

DSN_KLR650
kayak_shack

different colour plastic kit for klr??

Post by kayak_shack » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:48 am

Is there a plastic kit available anywhere for the KLR 650 that is not the hideous green they have been making for the last few years? Maybe a nice black kit? Or does anyone have any ideas about painting the plastic so it won't chip and crack when flexed? Thanks a bunch in advance. Josh kayak_shack@...

kayak_shack

Post by kayak_shack » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:48 am

Is there a plastic kit available anywhere for the KLR 650 that is not the hideous green they have been making for the last few years? Maybe a nice black kit? Or does anyone have any ideas about painting the plastic so it won't chip and crack when flexed? Thanks a bunch in advance. Josh kayak_shack@...

kayak_shack

Post by kayak_shack » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:49 am

Lujo Bauer

Post by Lujo Bauer » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:57 am

> Is there a plastic kit available anywhere for the KLR 650 that is not > the hideous green they have been making for the last few years? > Maybe a nice black kit? Or does anyone have any ideas about painting > the plastic so it won't chip and crack when flexed? Thanks a bunch > in advance.
Flexible bumper paint should work fine. They sell bumper paint and primer at Pep Boys. Not much of a color selection, but, no surprise, they do have black. -Lujo [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

millerized_2000

Post by millerized_2000 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:02 pm

Sure you've seen it before, but here it is again. http://home.earthlink.net/~millerized/KLR.htm Mud? rinse, repeat if necessary. millerized- -- In DSN_klr650@y..., "kayak_shack" wrote:
> Is there a plastic kit available anywhere for the KLR 650 that is
not
> the hideous green they have been making for the last few years? > Maybe a nice black kit? Or does anyone have any ideas about
painting
> the plastic so it won't chip and crack when flexed? Thanks a bunch > in advance. > > Josh > kayak_shack@h...

Felipe Moon

Post by Felipe Moon » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:33 pm

Hey!!! Let me know if the paint job is successful. My Green Machine has like a white film over it and I need to find away or a product out there that will bring back the new nice green machine shine. Anyone out there have any hints? RLTW!! --------------------------------- Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Ted Palmer

carb pilot screw adjustment - super sherpa

Post by Ted Palmer » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:37 am

Devon Jarvis wrote:
> My definition of the "right" idle mixture setting is not mine. It's > gleaned from books and advice from professional engine tuners, plus my > own observations about rideability, fuel economy, and ease of starting > while experimenting on my own bike.
"Best idle" is one name for this, there are probably others. Setting idle mix this way has served well on all the carby'd vehicles I've had.
> Dynojet recommends 2 1/2 or 3 turns out because their kit does not > contain a custom pilot jet, and the next size keihin jet available for > the CVK40 is too large unless you do something pretty drastic to the > intake and exhaust system.
[...] Changing to a larger pilot would not be so drastic if the air jet for the pilot system were changeable. A bit of drilling might work but you can only adjust one way easily. I suspect that Dynoject recommend their setting partly to compensate for faster lift of the CV piston due to their spec larger hole. With a faster lifting piston, there is less time for a higher vacuum across the needle jet to pull some extra fuel emulsion as the throttle opens. [...]
> I have read posts where people were stating that their bike "starts > easily without the choke, even when cold". This is just plain too rich.
Agreed. Even EFI has some kind of cold start enrichment. [...] Mister_T Melbourne Australia