really easy?

DSN_KLR650
kcuf_oohay_666

balancer failures (nklr)

Post by kcuf_oohay_666 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:31 pm

I got in touch with Sushi Harikari, head of product design at Kawasaki in Japan about the blinker fluid level and weight recomended. He said use 46.5 wt non-synthetic blinker fluid, they have problems with the synthetic oil reacting with the non synthetic electron flow in the wiring. The correct level is 3mm from the top of the stock windshield. This should solve any problems you are having with the KLR
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Jim Hyman wrote: > > ps: just kidding about the fork/brake fluid levels, I haven't checked > these out .... yet.

f_sikorski

balancer failures (nklr)

Post by f_sikorski » Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:57 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "kcuf_oohay_666" wrote:
> I got in touch with Sushi Harikari, head of product design at > Kawasaki in Japan about the blinker fluid level and weight > recomended. He said use 46.5 wt non-synthetic blinker fluid, they > have problems with the synthetic oil reacting with the non
synthetic
> electron flow in the wiring. The correct level is 3mm from the top
of
> the stock windshield. > > > This should solve any problems you are having with the KLR
Hmmmm...now would that be the Stock "Regular" winshield or the "Extended" version? I wouldn't want to blow both my muffler bearings AND my piston return springs! Frank

jamiedeavers

balancer failures (nklr)

Post by jamiedeavers » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:42 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "f_sikorski" wrote:
> Hmmmm...now would that be the Stock "Regular" winshield or > the "Extended" version? I wouldn't want to blow both my muffler > bearings AND my piston return springs! > > Frank
So Frank, I gather you have a pre-'95 model...any self-respecting KLRider knows they stopped using the piston return springs starting with the 1996 model year :) Jamie Poquoson VA A16

f_sikorski

balancer failures (nklr)

Post by f_sikorski » Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:21 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "jamiedeavers" wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "f_sikorski" wrote: > > Hmmmm...now would that be the Stock "Regular" winshield or > > the "Extended" version? I wouldn't want to blow both my muffler > > bearings AND my piston return springs! > > > > Frank > > So Frank, > > I gather you have a pre-'95 model...any self-respecting KLRider
knows
> they stopped using the piston return springs starting with the 1996 > model year :) > > Jamie > Poquoson VA > A16
Well RATS!! I bought the "double spring" setup off of e-bay thinking I was getting a performance upgrade too! I guess I could slip the extra one onto my Doohickey. Frank

Devon Jarvis

balancer failures (nklr)

Post by Devon Jarvis » Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:32 pm

I believe that was the same year they switched over from tapered roller muffler bearings to "lifetime lubricated" bronze muffler bushings. Anybody know for sure? Devon A15 jamiedeavers wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "f_sikorski" wrote: > > Hmmmm...now would that be the Stock "Regular" winshield or > > the "Extended" version? I wouldn't want to blow both my muffler > > bearings AND my piston return springs! > > > > Frank > > So Frank, > > I gather you have a pre-'95 model...any self-respecting KLRider knows > they stopped using the piston return springs starting with the 1996 > model year :) > > Jamie > Poquoson VA > A16

f_sikorski

balancer failures (nklr)

Post by f_sikorski » Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:58 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Devon Jarvis wrote:
> I believe that was the same year they switched over from tapered
roller
> muffler bearings to "lifetime lubricated" bronze muffler bushings.
Anybody
> know for sure? > > Devon > A15
Yep--I'm pretty sure that is the correct year. Reason being is I have a mid-year bike that had the Zerk fitting update in that muffler bushing. Lifetime lubricated.....NOT! Frank

Zachariah Mully

really easy?

Post by Zachariah Mully » Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:10 am

I haven't ridden a KLR with one, but I did get a chance to sit on one that a friend installed on his KLR. I would agree with George, it isn't really all it's cracked up to be. I thought that it was overly hard (and it had been sitting in the sun for a while so the gel was warm) for being at it's softest, I couldn't imagine it on a cold morning, probably like sitting on rock. And the other thing was that it was like sitting on jelly, a very strange feeling, as if you were not connected to the bike. Perhaps this sensation goes away after you get used to it, but I bet that a good upholstery shop can probably refoam and recover you seat for less than the gel seat. My $.02 Z DC
On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 11:03, George Basinet wrote: > Buster, good morning. > > I not really happy with the seat. I seem to slant downwards towards the > tank. However it is much better than the stock one. I'm going to redo > George > Escondido, CA >