motard tires

DSN_KLR650
kilrcalikawi

happy trails customer service

Post by kilrcalikawi » Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:51 am

Since I threw such a fit over the mishap with happy trails shipping my case on time, I need to post this. I sent an email to Happy Trails stating that I thought it fair that they split the overnight shipping charge with me since it took two days to get my case instead of getting it the next day (for those of you who don't know happy trails did not ship the case the same day I ordered it, they said it would ship the same day and I would have it the next, they simply forgot to ship it). I paid $90 for overnight shipping on the case, today I saw a credit on my bank account for $45 I wrote an email back to them thanking them for the credit and let them know that I will continue to buy their products. I was worried that I was not going to get the customer service from Happy Trails that everyone raves about but it turns out I did, they seem to be very fair and understanding people (just forgetful). Trev A16, with great big E45 givi case on it, thanks to Happy Trails. P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to it (so it seems), the only way I knew about the credit so far was that I saw it on my bank account, they have yet to reply to any of my emails.

gpokluda

Post by gpokluda » Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:58 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "kilrcalikawi" wrote: I was worried that I was not going > to get the customer service from Happy Trails that everyone raves > about but it turns out I did, they seem to be very fair and > understanding people (just forgetful). > > Trev > A16, with great big E45 givi case on it, thanks to Happy Trails. > > P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to it > (so it seems), the only way I knew about the credit so far was that I > saw it on my bank account, they have yet to reply to any of my emails. Remember the good old days when it took 4-6 weeks to get anything? How soon we forget. Gino

kilrcalikawi

Post by kilrcalikawi » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:07 am

I don't remember that, but then I'm only 21, you must be old :-) I'm just kidding Trev
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "gpokluda" wrote: > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "kilrcalikawi" wrote: > I was worried that I was not going > > to get the customer service from Happy Trails that everyone raves > > about but it turns out I did, they seem to be very fair and > > understanding people (just forgetful). > > > > Trev > > A16, with great big E45 givi case on it, thanks to Happy Trails. > > > > P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to > it > > (so it seems), the only way I knew about the credit so far was that > I > > saw it on my bank account, they have yet to reply to any of my > emails. > > > Remember the good old days when it took 4-6 weeks to get anything? > How soon we forget. > > Gino

Ray Fagan

Post by Ray Fagan » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:11 am

You wrote:
> P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to it
I'm deaf. Can't use the phone. They don't answer email so I can't buy from them. You listening Tim? Ray

gpokluda

Post by gpokluda » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:15 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Ray Fagan" wrote:
> You wrote: > > P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to
it
> > > I'm deaf. Can't use the phone. They don't answer email so I can't
buy from
> them. You listening Tim? > > Ray
Hell, you shouldn't even be on a motorcycle, my friend. Gino

Ray Fagan

Post by Ray Fagan » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:53 am

----- Original Message ----- From: "gpokluda" > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Ray Fagan" wrote: > > You wrote: > > > P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to > it > > > > > > I'm deaf. Can't use the phone. They don't answer email so I can't > buy from > > them. You listening Tim? > > > > Ray Gino wrote: > Hell, you shouldn't even be on a motorcycle, my friend. I've been told that crap for the last 600,000 miles and a dozen motorcycles. Makes you a better rider. You have to be very aware of what's going on around you: how the bike feels, what others are doing, etc. Hey, just think what I save on the cost of ear plugs in a year. Know what the biggest handicap is? Ordering supper -- "We have green beans, spinach, onion salad, mashed potatos, hash browns, baked potato, sweet potato, garlic bread, plain bread, and lima beans. Pick two." :-) Ray

millerized_2000

Post by millerized_2000 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:00 am

I'd have to say that hearing is probably one of the least used senses when I'm riding. Ear plugs are always in, and I ride more from feel than hearing. My eyes are constantly searching for the nearest redhead, traffic light, stop sign, errant cager. My sense of smell is always picking up cigarettes, perfume, horseshit (sometimes all 3 together) raodkill. My taste buds differentiating between tasty and not tasty bugs. Hands, ass, feet feeling the bike, the vibrations. I rarely "hear" anything other than the woosh of the wind and the occasional squeel of the tailgaters tires as I slam on the brakes to get his attention. Hearing? With a 45% loss in both ears, it's not all that "important" for riding as you might think. JMO, YMMV. Just don't yell, I can still hear well enough. millerized "huh?"
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Ray Fagan" wrote: > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "gpokluda" > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Ray Fagan" wrote: > > > You wrote: > > > > P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to > > it > > > > > > > > > I'm deaf. Can't use the phone. They don't answer email so I can't > > buy from > > > them. You listening Tim? > > > > > > Ray > > > Gino wrote: > > Hell, you shouldn't even be on a motorcycle, my friend. > > I've been told that crap for the last 600,000 miles and a dozen motorcycles. > Makes you a better rider. You have to be very aware of what's going on > around you: how the bike feels, what others are doing, etc. Hey, just think > what I save on the cost of ear plugs in a year. Know what the biggest > handicap is? Ordering supper -- "We have green beans, spinach, onion salad, > mashed potatos, hash browns, baked potato, sweet potato, garlic bread, plain > bread, and lima beans. Pick two." :-) > > Ray

Gord Mounce

Post by Gord Mounce » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:15 am

>Gino wrote: >> Hell, you shouldn't even be on a motorcycle, my friend. > >/
Ooh, there's a flag on the field. Gino has been called for offside! ;) Hearing helps while riding a bike, but I don't think it's critical by any means. I often wear earplugs, so I can't hear f/a anyway. I don't think it hurts my riding any. In fact, I think it helps me concentrate on everything else that's going on. What are you going to hear anyway - somebody honking at you? That usually only happens when you screw up, and I don't screw up. ;) Rarely anyway. My hero Eddie Lawson was quoted in Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist that he wears earplugs because the quieter it is the faster he goes. I think this testifies to our ability to concentrate better when this often-unnecessary stimulus is removed. Definitely stay away from jogging on railroad tracks though... have fun gord

redquota

Post by redquota » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:18 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "gpokluda" wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "kilrcalikawi" wrote: > I was worried that I was not going > > to get the customer service from Happy Trails that everyone raves > > about but it turns out I did, they seem to be very fair and > > understanding people (just forgetful). > > > > Trev > > A16, with great big E45 givi case on it, thanks to Happy Trails. > > > > P.S. Happy trails does read their email, they just don't reply to > it > > (so it seems), the only way I knew about the credit so far was
that
> I > > saw it on my bank account, they have yet to reply to any of my > emails. > > > Remember the good old days when it took 4-6 weeks to get anything? > How soon we forget. > > Gino
Good point, but when you pays for a service, you expects to get that service...

gpokluda

Post by gpokluda » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:29 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "redquota" wrote:
> > > > Remember the good old days when it took 4-6 weeks to get
anything?
> > How soon we forget. > > > > Gino > > Good point, but when you pays for a service, you expects to get
that
> service...
Well... maybe we need to get rid of Next-Day-Air and all that stuff. Too much instant gratification in this world. Gino