'02 snake river solstice rally

DSN_KLR650
c.mackarness

tire report

Post by c.mackarness » Thu May 30, 2002 12:40 pm

OEM tires: 5000 miles to wearout. Both front and back, back being worn more than front, but both ready for the tree swing. Metezler Enduro 4: 6000 miles and only 15% tread wear! (I measured both tires and averaged). Both front and back, back being worn more than front, but neither showing uneven or excessive wear. Excellent treadwear and awesome traction on dry rock and pavement. Good wet pavement traction. Quiet and smooth. Not tires to take to the mud drags though, you may not make it to the starting line. Rev. Chuck :^)>+ A13

RM

tire report

Post by RM » Thu May 30, 2002 12:48 pm

On Thu, 30 May 2002, c.mackarness wrote:
>Metezler Enduro 4: 6000 miles and only 15% tread wear! (I measured both >tires and averaged). Both front and back, back being worn more than >front, but neither showing uneven or excessive wear.
You should rotate them front-to-rear to even out the treadwear. RM

c.mackarness

tire report

Post by c.mackarness » Thu May 30, 2002 12:53 pm

It is 100% the bikes fault for the uneven tire wear: The front tire just will not stay on the ground! ;^)>+
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., RM wrote: > > On Thu, 30 May 2002, c.mackarness wrote: > > >Metezler Enduro 4: 6000 miles and only 15% tread wear! (I measured both > >tires and averaged). Both front and back, back being worn more than > >front, but neither showing uneven or excessive wear. > > You should rotate them front-to-rear to even out the treadwear. > > RM

klrz4ever

tire report

Post by klrz4ever » Thu May 30, 2002 2:06 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., RM wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 May 2002, c.mackarness wrote: > > >Metezler Enduro 4: 6000 miles and only 15% tread wear! (I measured
both
> >tires and averaged). Both front and back, back being worn more than > >front, but neither showing uneven or excessive wear. > > You should rotate them front-to-rear to even out the treadwear. > > RM
Tried that once, but couldn't get the bead to seat... __Arden

RM

tire report

Post by RM » Thu May 30, 2002 3:06 pm

On Thu, 30 May 2002, klrz4ever wrote:
>>You should rotate them front-to-rear to even out the treadwear. >Tried that once, but couldn't get the bead to seat...
Next time, put the tire outside in the sun and the rim into the freezer. Thermodynamic something-or-other...

Michael S. Hunt

'02 snake river solstice rally

Post by Michael S. Hunt » Thu May 30, 2002 11:58 pm

The 3rd Annual Snake River Solstice Rally is only 15 days away. Spring is finally here in Idaho and Team Solstice has been riding hard checking bonus locations for this year's rally. Get a taste of endurance riding with our 12 hour format. The field is starting to fill but there is still plenty of room. In addition to our regular street class we have added a dual sport class this year. This class will allow us to take you into some of the more scenic areas of Idaho. It is not trail riding or motocross but it will have as many dirt roads as we can work in. We have great support from our sponsors this year and have some great door prizes to hand out at the awards banquet. Many thanks to Big Twin Cycles, White Cloud Coffee, Bill Mayer Saddles, BLM Accessories and Chris Reeve Knives for their generous support. If your registration is on it's way but might not reach me by June 1st then send me an email with your shirt/hat selection(s). I have to place the order on June 3rd. If you have sent your registration but have not received a confirmation from me please email or call. Many questions can be answered by the website but please contact me if you have any questions or want to chat about the rally. Thanks, Michael Hunt... A16 Snake River Solstice Rally June 15th, 2002 Boise, ID http://www.sailingwaters.com/moto/srsr.html