how much clearance between front fender and frame?

DSN_KLR650
ridecaptan

who said the klr is a heavy pig off road

Post by ridecaptan » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:08 pm

I don't think so. I had one of the supposedly better dual sport bikes for off road riding, the DRZ400s. So I figure I have an objective opinion for accessing the KLR. I love tearing up the trails with the beast so far. It seems to be planted better than the Z, that bike had some twitchy turning, and would wash out in the front alot, resulting in spills. I love the torque of the green monster, it really works well in the woods. I am thinking of going down a tooth in the front for the woods. I am a happy KLR camper. :) Ed A15

Zachariah Mully

how much clearance between front fender and frame?

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:27 am

Uh-oh. Bent forks? If I remember from the stock setup, there might have been an inch or two from the back of the front fender to the downtube on the frame when the wheels were straight. It was pretty tight. Z DC
On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 14:55, Devon Jarvis wrote: > When anybody has the chance, what is the normal clearance between the > back of the front fender and the nearest part of the body? Either frame, > radiator screen, reservior cover etc. > > Thanks. > Devon

husabomber

who said the klr is a heavy pig off road

Post by husabomber » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:32 am

Everyone who has had to pick the heavy pig up after dumping two or three times offroad !