jake jakeman does it again!!! klr parts

DSN_KLR650
Laurent Apffel

one last chain problem to solve

Post by Laurent Apffel » Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:36 pm

So i've been able to change both the rear and front sprocket which work really well. The problem now is that I strongly believe that "Nault's Windham Honda Kawasaki" dealer in New Hampshire sold me the wrong chain (thanks Nault for an incompetent service). They sent me a D.I.D 520-114L chain whereas the stock is a DID 520V-2X106L. They won't pay me back nor take the chain back and they're telling me I can cut the chain to the appropriate size.... Well believe me folks.... I tried and tried to properly cut the chain to the right size but I've had no succes for the chain is really solid and the "things" i need to take off seem to be really well attached. Should I still try to cut the chain to the right size? call the dealer back to complain and insist on a refund? or find someone who has the proper chain to sell me? Thanks...... Laurent _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

s2mumford

one last chain problem to solve

Post by s2mumford » Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:29 pm

You need to get the chain cut to 106 links. Have someone with a chain breaker do it, I reckon you'll hamburger the chain trying to do it without the correct tool. I'm pretty sure the DID is a masterlink chain, real easy to put them together. Just make sure the closed end of the masterlink clip is facing the direction (forward) the chain rotates. Stu

TLrydr@aol.com

jake jakeman does it again!!! klr parts

Post by TLrydr@aol.com » Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:53 pm

In a message dated 3/2/02 3:44:41 AM EST, brianlankow@... writes: http://www.sagebrushmachine.com/ >> Brian Gotta agree with you on this one Jake is a real good guy to order stuff from, I have ordered some whatnots and some real nice stuff almost free, LOL. Mike Ps He has some real nice nuts, Just ask about them.