more superbrace

DSN_KLR650
TexasThumpin@aol.com

nklr: riding in glamis

Post by TexasThumpin@aol.com » Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:23 am

In a message dated 2/17/02 3:33:53 AM Central Standard Time, DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com writes:
> Just wanted to let you know that I rode in DEEP sand for the first > time today. With my Kenda's (Front was 3.25) and air was @15 psi in > front and back. Wow what a work out. But I didn't get stuck. I was > riding at a place called Glamis > http://www.glamisdunes.com/ for those of you who don't know.. > I am pretty sure I won't be able to move my arms at all tomorrow, I > barley made the 2 1/2 hour ride home.
No wonder your arms hurt. Almost everyone on two wheels uses a paddle rear tire for that sand. I and my wife know Glamis well. As a matter of fact, a large portion of it got closed down due to a stupid milkweed plant. Milkweed! The name itself adds the ridiculous concept of worrying about it. It is a weed. We kill them all the time, pick them out of our yards, shoot them with weed eater. The whole stinking mess is because the Sierra Club could not find anything else in the Glamis area to support their cause of getting rid of offroaders. Get an extra rear tire and wheel for your KLR, put a paddle on, then run Glamis. You'll be throwing 30ft high roosters and you will have a blast. Although, I must confess that my wife and I stuck to three wheelers. ATC250R's in fact. Then I traded for the ATC350 four stroke. Much better for hauling my big butt around. If you don't belong to some type of coalition like CORVA, join one. If you don't, and if you don't get your friends to join, you may lose the rest of Glamis, a large portion of Ocotillo Wells, and Buttercup. As far as I know, those are the only deep sand places to play anymore and the Sierra Club wants them closed to vehicular traffic. Plus, your screwed in that arena because of Feinstein, Boxer, and Grey. If Californians and others want to keep the desert open, they are going to have to fight for it. Hey, did you happen to catch any of the sand rail drag races? That's right, dragsters running on sand. It is a blast. Check out the Glamis store too. It has some neat stuff. Have fun. Jim TT [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Steven van Twuyver

Post by Steven van Twuyver » Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:45 pm

Riding in Glamis this weekend may be a little less fun due to a missing 7 year old girl whom was kidnapped from San Diego two weeks ago. The prime suspect , who has not been arrested yet, lives two doors away and was at Glamis by himself the day the girl was discovered missing from her home. The neighbor, a single guy, was in his 40 foot motorhome at Glamis more than a mile off the main road when he got stuck in the sand and had to be pulled out by a local towtruck operator. I can't figure out why anyone would go to Glamis, which has no redeeming qualities except for offroad riding. The father of the missing girl went to Glamis this weekend handing out pictures of his missing daughter to the offroaders. The sand blows around so much out there, that the state uses skip loaders to clear the highway. Each new day, every vehicle track in a 50 square mile is blown away smooth. Seems to me what the dad was doing is a little late, he should have been handing out shovels. Dozens of news crews have been camped in front of the neighbor's house for two weeks waiting for a break in this case, all to get a shot of someone walking out of their house in a pair of handcuffs. So far it hasn't happened. -svt-

Steven van Twuyver

Post by Steven van Twuyver » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:45 pm

I know this is way off topic, but we got here last week and I had some comments about a recent seven year old child who was abducted from her upscale home in San Diego. The neighbor, a prime suspect, went to Glamis by himself and got stuck in the sand with his motorhome the day the girl disappeared. Today, 3 weeks to the day later, the DNA evidence came back positive, and there were blood matches on his clothing and in his motorhome. The neighbor was arrested in front of his attorney's office. To date, the child has not yet been found. A most unfortunate incident, for which San Diego's police should be commended. Unfortunately, he has only been charged with kidnapping and will be arraigned on Monday, Typical bail for kidnapping is $125,000. Sorry about the bandwidth, I just needed to vent, this scum deserves a speedy death penalty. -svt-

monahanwb

Post by monahanwb » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:51 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Steven van Twuyver" wrote:
> I know this is way off topic, this scum > deserves a speedy death penalty. > -svt-
let's at least make sure he's guilty before we kill him. Bill or Rights, you know, due process. Plenty of other people around the world we could kill first, nowadays.

Fred Hink

more superbrace

Post by Fred Hink » Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:05 am

It's supposed to be but they didn't come in today so I don't have anymore info for you. Fred http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com Utah Motorcycle Rally May 30 - June 2 http://www.canyonlandsmotorclassic.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "frosty" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com>; Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 10:49 PM Subject: RE: [DSN_klr650] More Superbrace > This is resolved in the "new & improved" model you've just got in right > Fred? > > -----Original Message----- > From: InWoods13@... [mailto:InWoods13@...] > Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 10:33 AM > To: bryanl@...; DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] More Superbrace > > > In a message dated 2/21/02 9:05:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, > bryanl@... writes: > > heard > about aquarium tubing, but haven't figured out how to do that. >> > > I will get a pic of the tubing fix posted to our files section by this > weekend. Had meant to have it done by now. > Camera batteries are on charge at moment for friends wedding shoot tonight. > -Scott > > A14 "thunderdog" > Sorrento, Fl > > Checkout Dual Sport News at > http://www.dualsportnews.com > Be part of the Adventure! > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > >