nklr: cordura question

DSN_KLR650
tigerfaraway

superbrace and fork boot

Post by tigerfaraway » Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:25 am

Just installed superbrace, which works as advertised, greatly stiffening the front fork, so bike is now much more responsive to steering input...but, the bottom of the fork boot won't stay in the grooves in the braces, thus allowing water, dirt, etc., to collect. Anyone have any ideas as to how to hold them in place? Bright red duct tape working well right now, but this is less than pleasing esthetically. Thanks, Jim Hall Kailua, Hawaii

mokan710

superbrace and fork boot

Post by mokan710 » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:49 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "tigerfaraway" wrote:
> Just installed superbrace, which works as advertised, greatly > stiffening the front fork, so bike is now much more responsive to > steering input...but, the bottom of the fork boot won't stay in the > grooves in the braces, thus allowing water, dirt, etc., to collect. > Anyone have any ideas as to how to hold them in place? Bright red > duct tape working well right now, but this is less than pleasing > esthetically. > > Thanks, > > Jim Hall > Kailua, Hawaii
Jim- I have the Happy Trails K-9 brace on my bike, and I took the opportunity to install some new heavy duty rubber boots. The brace I bought has small lips along the top edge of each fork hole. I slid the bottoms of the boots over these and cinched them tight with narrow zip-ties. Same thing up top. The rubber compound of the boots readily "grabs" the forks up there. I check it regularly, and it seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, I don't know if this rig will work with the stock boots. Best of luck regardless... "Mokan"

Conall O'Brien

nklr: cordura question

Post by Conall O'Brien » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:16 am

>From: Brad Davis >To: KLR DSN List DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> >Subject: [DSN_klr650] nklr: Cordura Question >Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:02:42 -0800 (PST) > >A question for the collective. > >Does anyone know if a smaller weave Cordura >(say...1000 Denier) or a larger weave (600 Denier) has >better abrasion resistance? > >Thanks, >Brad >
The higher the number, the denser the thread count which means better abrasion resistance. My Motoport Ultra cordura jacket is 1500 Denier heaviest I've seen, even heavier than what the parachutists use on thier equipment. If you want a tough jacket look for the high denier material that Motoport carries. The Ultra difi jacket has very substantial armor, more than the Canyon model. Conall _________________________________________________________________ Join the world s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com