yahoo.groups.com

DSN_KLR650
Dennis Steinert

slime issues

Post by Dennis Steinert » Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:10 pm

Sounds like you are using the tubeless tire slime. Get the slime made for tubes instead. The tube version should be all green with no black flakes in it. --------------- Dennis Steinert 1999 KLR650A dennis@... -----Original Message----- From: matthew [mailto:matthewt316@...] Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 23:10 To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Headset bolt loose--slim issues etc One more thing.. SLIME! what up with that stuff. I cant get it in tire for nothin. took valave out. even had tire inflated without valve core in??? I used the papper clip to try and unglog it. I dont think its because of a clog. its like theres a little "extra" valve in there. What do ya'all think about that?

marcclarke@unforgettable.com

slime issues

Post by marcclarke@unforgettable.com » Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:31 pm

I use the tubeless type "chunky" Slime in my tubes in my KLR650's tires. It goes into the Schraeder valve stems just fine. If the valve stem is out, the tire can not be inflated. There is something else in the valve stem which has to be removed. Beware using a Q tip to clean out the inside of the valve stem. The inside of the valve stem is threaded and will collect cotton fibers from the Q tip. The fibers will in turn collect Slime and cause the valve stem to slowly leak. Please do not ask me how I know this. :-) -- Marc Illsley Clarke, Kawasaki KLR650 A12, Loveland, Colorado, USA Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:15:17 -0800 From: "Dennis Steinert" Subject: RE: Slime issues Sounds like you are using the tubeless tire slime. Get the slime made for tubes instead. The tube version should be all green with no black flakes in it. --------------- Dennis Steinert 1999 KLR650A dennis@... -----Original Message----- From: matthew [mailto:matthewt316@...] Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 23:10 To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Headset bolt loose--slim issues etc One more thing.. SLIME! what up with that stuff. I cant get it in tire for nothin. took valave out. even had tire inflated without valve core in??? I used the papper clip to try and unglog it. I dont think its because of a clog. its like theres a little "extra" valve in there. What do ya'all think about that?

chinlerocks

slime issues

Post by chinlerocks » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:25 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., wrote:
> I use the tubeless type "chunky" Slime in my tubes in my KLR650's
tires. It goes into the Schraeder valve stems just fine. If the valve stem is out, the tire can not be inflated. There is something else in the valve stem which has to be removed. Beware using a Q tip to clean out the inside of the valve stem. The inside of the valve stem is threaded and will collect cotton fibers from the Q tip. The fibers will in turn collect Slime and cause the valve stem to slowly leak. Please do not ask me how I know this. :-)
> -- Marc Illsley Clarke, Kawasaki KLR650 A12, Loveland, Colorado, USA >
Marc, I had a similar problem putting the tubeless slime in my tubes. I used something small to poke thru the occlusion. It must have been a lump of solid in the slime. After this "poke" the rest of the slime went on in the tube. However, to clean up the slime mess at the valve stem, I did use a couple of q-tips to remove the slime from the position the valve stem seats into. Aired 'em up and they be holdin' jus' fine. Billy in Dripping Springs, TX ---likes q-tips, they remove the slime from my ears, so's I can get more air put in, then seal the hole with hearing aids.

chinlerocks

slime issues

Post by chinlerocks » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:59 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "chinlerocks" wrote:
> > Marc, I had a similar problem putting the tubeless slime in my
tubes.
> > Billy in Dripping Springs, TX ---likes q-tips, they remove the
slime
> from my ears, so's I can get more air put in, then seal the hole
with
> hearing aids.
Hey, I meant to say "tubetype" slime, not tubeless. Billy in DS,TX Just proved I have low air pressure between my ears.

Larry Killebrew

yahoo.groups.com

Post by Larry Killebrew » Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:00 pm

First I want to congratulate you on using innovative technology advertise your product. I hope all the effort is paying off for you. Second I want to thank you for providing a link to disable the popup windows that occur when browsing. I no longer have 40 small windows waiting to be closed. But now, I would ask you to remove the "click through" ads that you place on www.groups.yahoo.com... I reckon I can live with all the infernal banner ads, but now I have to click through the ad to get to the message. I have requested www.groups.yahoo.com to remove their "Click Through Ads" to no avail. I understand that your ads support Yahoo and you get exposure... while I am sure you have a good product, I will never recommend or purchase the product as your "click through" ads have come to dominate my computer screen and diminish my web experience... A wonderful experience that I used to recieve at egroups.com and now at groups.yahoo.com... and it can be wonderful again with your help. I know you didnt set out to be annoying, but for me it has wound up that way. I know, I know, lighten up Larry... Well, dang it... I just thought you would want to know what this consumer thought. LK _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

Matthew

slime issues

Post by Matthew » Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:19 pm

thats the one i got.. Made sure it said tubeless.. --- Dennis Steinert wrote:
> Sounds like you are using the tubeless tire slime. > Get the slime made for > tubes instead. The tube version should be all green > with no black flakes in > it. > > --------------- > Dennis Steinert > 1999 KLR650A > dennis@... > > > -----Original Message----- > From: matthew [mailto:matthewt316@...] > Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 23:10 > To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [DSN_klr650] Headset bolt loose--slim > issues etc > > One more thing.. SLIME! what up with that stuff. I > cant get it in tire for nothin. took valave out. > even > had tire inflated without valve core in??? I used > the > papper clip to try and unglog it. I dont think its > because of a clog. its like theres a little "extra" > valve in there. What do ya'all think about that? >
===== Matthew A14 Tucson AZ ----------------------------------------------------------- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. john 3:16 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions! http://auctions.yahoo.com