nklr- dakar: meoni wins, all ktm blow out

DSN_KLR650
tobythelab

exhaust gas analyzer - pilot screw tuning

Post by tobythelab » Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:10 am

I have access to an exhaust gas analyzer, but am wondering what the 'optimum' settings are for measuring CO as a function of pilot screw adjustment. I am afraid that idle conditions won't give me what I want, but revving the engine with no load won't either. Is there a 'poor man's' method of checking this without a dyno? I could use the centerstand and rear brake with 2000 - 2500 RPMs to put a light load on the engine. Any advice is appreciated!

gpokluda

nklr- dakar: meoni wins, all ktm blow out

Post by gpokluda » Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:13 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "dooden" wrote:
> Make it more interesting, let them replace all they want, as long as > the driver does it alone with material he carries on the bike the > whole race. > > Really did'nt follow that close, but doing the math KTM should have > won almost all positions, it sounded like they had a massive % of
the
> bikes running. > > Can I do my Homer impression and go " Doh " > > Duden > A15 Pilot
Sounds like it is time for Yamaha to dust of their aging twin and return to the race to slap KTM around a bit and bust their bubble. The only reason BMW won a couple years ago is because Yamaha pulled out. Gino