tail box

DSN_KLR650
Jay Hummer

band of brothers tape needed nklr

Post by Jay Hummer » Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:48 am

Hi all - I really blew it this time. I taped all ten episodes of HBO's "Band of Brothers" -- or so I thought. I must have messed up the first tape, episodes 1 & 2, which aired together the first night. I normally wouldn't go whining to the group for a videotape. (We have much more important things to do, I know.) But I promised my HBO-less Father-In-Law that I'd tape it for him. He was a WWII paratrooper. Sargent in the 82nd Airborne. Fought at the Bulge. Greatest guy you'd ever meet. Anyway, he's in his eighties, now, and really wanted to see this with his wife, and discuss it with her. I know it will be out on DVD in a year or so, but he isn't getting any younger. (It took the guy two months to pop the first tape in!) Can anyone help me out? I'll pay all expenses, of course. Jay in PA A15

jimmie@tca.net

tail box

Post by jimmie@tca.net » Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:33 pm

Hey Group - I like it when I can meet a need and save a buck at the same time - anyone else like that? I needed a storage box on my KLR. A local store was going out of business and I found a case for a Black & Decker cordless drill for $3. I used a Dremel tool to remove all in inner partitions and then used flat mending plates to mount to to the rear rack. I used wing nuts on the inside so that it is quick to remove. It is lockable and has a small (5"x6"} box with a clear plastic lid on the outside. A little Armor-All and it looks pretty neat - but mainly it is handy. Jim 01 KLR650 97 PC800