2001 dyno jet -what a difference!!

DSN_KLR650
hal26@att.net

2001 dyno jet -what a difference!!

Post by hal26@att.net » Sat Aug 18, 2001 11:57 pm

Installed stage 2 as per instructions except air screw out 2 and one half turns instead of the recommended 3 and a half.Drilled zillions of holes in the top of the airbox and removed small "splash shield" that covered main air intake on left side.Installed Twinair oiled foam filter.Took a long sharpened rod and punched hole thru spark arrestor and drilled a hole above and below exhaust outlet thru both layers of pipe.Also removed screen from intake tract(that was the worst).Bike is only very,very slightly louder than stock except when you let off at a little higher RPM where it has that big single rumble,again,not that loud.It runs cooler,starts better,requires very little choke and is considerably more responsive at all RPM's.I attempted these same mods on a Ducati 900 and did them over and over and OVER,mailing parts to DJet,it was a nightmare.I finally gave up and had to stay with the stock jetting.The KLR was a breeze.I did not have to change one thing (except my idle speed)it ran great immediately.I highly recommend it.I do not know or care what my fuel mileage is.Even if it is "only"50 MPG....Big Deal!