soft fork

DSN_KLR650
jonathan.sykes@smallworld-us.com

fuel filter oddities

Post by jonathan.sykes@smallworld-us.com » Fri Aug 03, 2001 12:40 am

I picked up a fuel filter last time I was at Sears. I believe its supposed to be used in their lawn tractors. Anyway, I put it on my new toy (01 KLR) last night after picking it up. Here's a picture: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSN_klr65 ... %27s%20A15% 20Pics/IMG_2260.jpg Anyway, I was going up I-25 tonight, keeping it below 6,000 rpm (about 80mph) after a nice 40 mile-or-so ride on various roads and I got the oh-shit-I'm-going-on-reserve effect. Put her on reserver but no effect. Aaargh! Quickly got to the shoulder and tried to figure it out. Wouldn't start, but turned over: I knew she hadn't seized (first worry). Waited a minute, contemplating hitching, then tried again and she started. Makes me think the fuel filter is the problem. Probobly not enough fuel getting through at higher speeds (higher fuel needs). Anyone else get such a problem and can you recommend a better filter? Different mower, maybe? Cheers. BTW, I'm so happy with this bike. It's AWESOME! So glad I didn't waste another $4000 on a F650GS. Thanks you guys!

IronJungle@Hotmail.com

fuel filter oddities

Post by IronJungle@Hotmail.com » Fri Aug 03, 2001 7:09 am

I have a filter that looks kinda like that (not on my KLR). One of us has it installed backwards (if it is the same filter design).
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., jonathan.sykes@s... wrote: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSN_klr65 ... %27s%20A15% > 20Pics/IMG_2260.jpg

monahanwb@yahoo.com

soft fork

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Fri Aug 03, 2001 5:03 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Dale Johnson" wrote:
> Dick, > You should make your take out the spacers and throw in some
longer
> pvc, the poor mans spring upgrade > > Dale > > bit. > > > > RM
Yep, just get some 3/4" PVC pipe (called 3/4" for its I.D., actually about 1.125 O.D. white pipe) and cut it to length with a medium sized tubing cutter. Simpler than blowing your nose.