fs 1998 klr650 advice needed.

DSN_KLR650
Kimberly Kinville

klr250 spark arrestor

Post by Kimberly Kinville » Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:05 am

I've just put 1200 miles on my KLR250, and am loving it. It's a 2000 model I purchased new in June. Even the OD paint is growing on me (like a fungus?). I'm an active duty Supply Sergeant in the National Guard and I have to say that I'm color coordinated when I ride to work. I removed the spark arrestor several hundred miles ago, and this seemed to improve my throttle response abit, and sounded much better. I knew it was blowing carbon from the exhaust on the back fender, but after a 60 mile ride I saw that it had actually melted the damn thing! This unplanned mod is very unsightly, and it looks like I'll have to put the cork back in the exhaust. I removed the airbox snorkel today and am enjoying better throttle response, and due to my juvenile nature (despite my age of 35) am getting a kick out of hearing the motor. At 25mph and a gear to high I'll roll on the throttle and listen to it growl. Up to 35 or so. Slow back down to 25 and do it again. Mike K. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Lance

fs 1998 klr650 advice needed.

Post by Lance » Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:20 pm

I have a 1998 KLR650 that I'm trying to sell. Can anyone recommend some "good" internet classifieds sites that the right folks will actually see the ad? The bike has a moose bash plate, aftermarket performance exhaust, jet kit that was professionally installed and matched to the exhaust, Avon Gripster tires, K&N filter, trunk, and all the original parts. I'm asking $3500.00 for it and am located in Nebraska. Thank you in advance.