need stock links+

DSN_KLR650
prospectt@hotmail.com

age?

Post by prospectt@hotmail.com » Sun Jul 01, 2001 12:36 am

At 23 and 22 respectively, it seems my friend Raz and I are the kids on this list, the next generation of KLR riders...lol. Oh yeah...there's Squidwannabe that is also at the beginning of his twenties. I think the reason why younger people don't dig the KLR is because of the goddamn ugly graphics...I've never seen something as ugly as the 94-95 colors...hehe. Otherwise, the KLR should have some appeal to young people, since it is a budget bike: insurance is cheap (compared to sportbikes..) and it is cheap at purchase too. I have this impression that in the motorcycling community, there's much more posers than riders, and that's why you don't see a KLR too often... Paul T A5 Montreal, CANADA

Bill Pratt

age?

Post by Bill Pratt » Sun Jul 01, 2001 12:42 am

57 and counting.......... Bill Pratt, Mill Creek, WA STOC #117, 97 ST1100 ABS, 97 KLR650 http://www.billpratt.com "No matter where you go...there you are"

Ben MacAskill

age?

Post by Ben MacAskill » Sun Jul 01, 2001 1:16 am

22 year old KLR owner here as well. Just got the '01 a few weeks back, and loving it. I like the army green color with the silver tank on the '01's. I don't like the aqua-green from previous years. But even so, I got the bike for taking to places like South America and Northern Canada and Alaska.... colors don't matter THAT much. ;-) -Ben SF Bay Area, CA
----- Original Message ----- From: To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 11:36 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Age? > At 23 and 22 respectively, it seems my friend Raz and I are the kids > on this list, the next generation of KLR riders...lol. Oh > yeah...there's Squidwannabe that is also at the beginning of his > twenties. > > I think the reason why younger people don't dig the KLR is because of > the goddamn ugly graphics...I've never seen something as ugly as the > 94-95 colors...hehe. > > Otherwise, the KLR should have some appeal to young people, since it > is a budget bike: insurance is cheap (compared to sportbikes..) and > it is cheap at purchase too. > > I have this impression that in the motorcycling community, there's > much more posers than riders, and that's why you don't see a KLR too > often... > > Paul T > A5 > Montreal, CANADA > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

darkthought@worldnet.att.net

age?

Post by darkthought@worldnet.att.net » Sun Jul 01, 2001 3:40 am

> > I think the reason why younger people don't dig the KLR is because > of the goddamn ugly graphics...I've never seen something as ugly as > the 94-95 colors...hehe. >
Hey! I resemble that remark! :-) Actually my first choice would've been the 2000, but I got a deal on a '95 I couldn't refuse. Frightingly enough, the color scheme is starting to grow on me..... - Brian 95 KLR 650

age?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:58 am

I`ll jump in here with my first post too...I`m 38. I actually haven`t purchased a KLR yet, still debating...;>}. I`m not real stuck on the colour of the 01 (nor any other year for that matter! ;>} ) I`ve found an excellent price though`, so I `ll probably go for it. So...anyone know what the 02 looks like? I`ve owned plenty of other Dualie`s... 78 500 XT, 86 XL 600, DR 600, DR 750, TransAlp, GS1100....Plus a bunch of street bikes. I`ve been riding since 78. Anyone here own a KTM 640? Looks pretty damned cool, but the price scares me.... Seems to be some very knowledgeable folks on the list, I`m sure I`ll learn lots! MERK!.........Deeds Speak!! (London,Ontario, CANADA) merk26@...

Mark St.Hilaire, Sr

age?

Post by Mark St.Hilaire, Sr » Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:44 am

> an excellent price though`, so I `ll probably go for it. So...anyone > know what the 02 looks like?
Just a couple days ago I saw a brochure for the 2002 at the dealer; and had a hard time finding the difference between it and the 2001. The sales guy said it was a little more of one color, and a little less of another, but it looked about the same as the 2001 to me. Mark St.Hilaire, Sr A15 My HomePage: http://home.adelphia.net/~msaint/index.html My KLR650 Pages: http://klr6500.tripod.com/ (Under Construction)

JANickols@aol.com

age?

Post by JANickols@aol.com » Sun Jul 01, 2001 11:58 am

I am 59. I have been riding since about 11 or 12 when a neighbor and I put a Whizzer engine on a Schwinn Bicycle. The brakes lasted about 2 miles and then we dragged our feet. Everyone thought it was a hoot except the California Highway Patrol who thought it was a fatal accident, on two wheels, waiting to happen, soon. It was fun for a week or so. The engine came off. After many years of other bikes I now own a KL 600 B-2 L, the proper description for my 1986 KLR. I paid $1300.00 for it and have modified it for road use. I ride a lot with others my age. They ride Harley's, I ride the little KLR. Several, are waiting to see the 2002 KLR and considering another bike. The beauty of the KLR is its simplicity. It is much easier to ride than most heavier bikes and is cheap to maintain. The KLR will probably be my last bike. As one Lister wrote, "its the journey and not the destination." The KLR is a find. I also want to thank whoever wrote about missing parts in the oil filter. My bike had only 6,400 miles on it when I bought it and no oil filter gizmo. The filter as you all know is inoperative when missing these bits. For about $12.00 I put things right and the filter now is back in business. Thanks also to all of the KListeR's whose modifications have wound up on my bike......16T sprocket, MAP disc, SS lines, Progressive Springs, Spitfire windscreen, Fork Brace. Ride safe. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert Morgan

age?

Post by Robert Morgan » Sun Jul 01, 2001 12:28 pm

Present age:51 presently in driveway or garage: 1 97 klr 650 heavily modified 2 honda ct90 trail bikes, stock, 71 & 78 2 1974 VW things big motors, otherwise stock 1 1974 VW Westphalia Camper, Porsche engine, nothing stock about it (presently mothballed) 1 1970 International Harvester Scout 600 B, 304 v8, stock (won't die). 1 1998 Honda CRV. 1 1950 Flexible Flyer with wheels 1 1946 Scwinn Hornet (Pee Wee Herman variety) restored. 1 1954 Schwinn Wasp, 2 speed kickback Bendix rear hub, restored. 1 1948 Schwinn Cycle Truck (formerly owned by U.S. Postal service, no I didn't boost the mail man). 1 1968 Schwinn Cycle Truck (last one made by factory). 15 other bicycles in collection Presently in charge: Wife, 1954 model, 6 foot tall, feisty redheaded variety, legally blond, otherwise stock configuration! Morgan

Ben MacAskill

age?

Post by Ben MacAskill » Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:40 pm

Yup, sounds like it! That sounds like a fun ride, which route are you taking? Are you coming down through the USA or staying up north for most of the trip? This is my first bike, and as such, it will be a little while before I take any serious treks on it. I am thinking perhaps Baja California this coming Winter, and perhaps the Yukon and Northwest Territories next summer. Europe is on the list eventually too. But then again, I have a pretty big list. ;-) -Ben
----- Original Message ----- From: Paul Tarnowski To: ben@... Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 1:15 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Age? My friend Raz and I are taking our KLR's from Montreal, Canada to California. We're taking off tomorrow, for about 2 months... I'm also planning to take the bike to Europe as soon a I have the $$$, so I guess we bought the KLR for pretty much the same reasons.. Paul T >From: "Ben MacAskill" >Reply-To: "Ben MacAskill" >To: >Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Age? >Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:09:29 -0600 > >22 year old KLR owner here as well. Just got the '01 a few weeks back, and >loving it. > >I like the army green color with the silver tank on the '01's. I don't like >the aqua-green from previous years. But even so, I got the bike for taking >to places like South America and Northern Canada and Alaska.... colors don't >matter THAT much. ;-) > >-Ben >SF Bay Area, CA > >----- Original Message ----- >From: >To: >Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 11:36 PM >Subject: [DSN_klr650] Age? > > > > At 23 and 22 respectively, it seems my friend Raz and I are the kids > > on this list, the next generation of KLR riders...lol. Oh > > yeah...there's Squidwannabe that is also at the beginning of his > > twenties. > > > > I think the reason why younger people don't dig the KLR is because of > > the goddamn ugly graphics...I've never seen something as ugly as the > > 94-95 colors...hehe. > > > > Otherwise, the KLR should have some appeal to young people, since it > > is a budget bike: insurance is cheap (compared to sportbikes..) and > > it is cheap at purchase too. > > > > I have this impression that in the motorcycling community, there's > > much more posers than riders, and that's why you don't see a KLR too > > often... > > > > Paul T > > A5 > > Montreal, CANADA > > > > > > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > > > > Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com > > Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com > > Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com > > > > Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: > > http://www.dualsportnews.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Dave Yahne

age?

Post by Dave Yahne » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:47 pm

49 Started riding when I was 46. 3 years 20,000mi on a 98 KLR. A great bike to learn on. Has pulled me through many biginners mistakes. I think I'll keep it. So much fun and so little time. Dave Yahne A-12 St.Louis