poor mans jet kit

DSN_KLR650
Joe Blanchard

a15 headlight out...it was "da" fuse!

Post by Joe Blanchard » Sun Apr 08, 2001 3:12 pm

OK...checked it and sure enought....fuse! Thanks to Kurt Simpson, John Lyon, and standerson@... for their quick replies. Joe

eam@infohwy.com

Post by eam@infohwy.com » Sun Apr 08, 2001 10:17 pm

I know a lot of folks with the same year model and the fuse blew on all of them! What's up with that?? Could be something going on? E

John Lyon

Post by John Lyon » Sun Apr 08, 2001 10:36 pm

E: In fear of opening Pandora s box, let s just say the KLR electrical system is not a thing of beauty. John
On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 03:17:49 -0000, eam@... wrote: I know a lot of folks with the same year model and the fuse blew on all of them! What's up with that?? Could be something going on? E _______________________________________________________ Send a cool gift with your E-Card http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

guymanbro@excite.com

Post by guymanbro@excite.com » Mon Apr 09, 2001 12:52 am

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., John Lyon wrote:
> > > On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 03:17:49 -0000, eam@i... wrote: > > I know a lot of folks with the same year model and the fuse blew
on all of them! What's up with that?? Could be something going on?
>
Before jumping to conclusions (I mean, really, like Kawi actually changed something other than the color?), make sure that none of the offending vehicles were accidentally running with both high and low beams on...easy to do when bouncing around off road and falling down (who, me? nah!). Happened to me on an A10. dat brooklyn bum

Don Detloff

Post by Don Detloff » Mon Apr 09, 2001 6:09 am

> In fear of opening Pandora?s box, let?s just say the KLR electrical
system
> is not a thing of beauty. > > John
... but better than the 6 volt Lucas system on my old '65 Bonneville. Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI A14

Jim Hyman

Post by Jim Hyman » Mon Apr 09, 2001 3:19 pm

Word has it that newly hired Kawi engineers are assigned to the KLR team. All their work on KLR design is left unchanged forever, as an inside joke. Some of the more memorable UDF** designs: - wimpy front brake & front suspension - balancer chain adjustment & components - valve cover removal & bolts - improper chain slack specifications - shift lever cracks & defects - occasional BMW-like shifting characteristics - seat attachment - side stand & clutch electrical switches - inadequate wiring harness - fuse access - weird headlight circuit wiring - oil level inspection window placement - tweety muffler - memorable exterior color schemes - overall weight - excess mirror vibration Feel free to add to the list. ** UDF, Unintensioned Design Features Q: Why do the British like warm beer? A: Lucas refrigerators. [Lucas, the prince of darkness] Professor A9 Federal Way, WA. [USA] ++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > In fear of opening Pandora?s box, let?s just say the KLR > > electrical system is not a thing of beauty. > > > > John
------------------------------------------- ... but better than the 6 volt Lucas system on my old '65 Bonneville. Don Detloff

Steve Thomas

poor mans jet kit

Post by Steve Thomas » Mon Apr 09, 2001 3:55 pm

Hey List, I hate to bother ya'll with this, but I can't pull up the archives. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyway I need the part numbers for the poor mans jet kit. Really just the number for the jet. I have the collar spacer, clip, & needle already. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, feel free to contact me offlist. Thanks Steve T. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]