ride4kids - i'm going!

DSN_KLR650
Andy Watts

number-plate illumination ???...

Post by Andy Watts » Thu Mar 15, 2001 5:23 pm

Hi Guys, I want to relocate my number-plate onto the mudguard (fender?) but I'm not sure how to illuminate it.. I plan on mounting it so it's virtually touching the bottom of the rear light , mainly for looks as opposed to anything else. I just know that I'll get pulled by the police as I do a fair amount of my riding after my kids (twins,5yrs old) are tucked up in bed.. Anyone got any suggestions please ? -- Andy - Southampton, UK KLR650A1 Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered

Swede

number-plate illumination ???...

Post by Swede » Thu Mar 15, 2001 5:49 pm

Sheesh, you (being from the UK) are talking number plate! I wouldn't have any idea - those things are bigger than our US automobile plates. Can you get an automobile plate, bolt it on in the center, and wrap it around like a fender extender? Mount it to the luggage rack maybe? Get a second one and mount them on the sides like the number plates on MX bikes? Petition Parlament to go to a smaller plate ? - you'd be in trouble if an act of Parlament is like an act of Congress. Make a harness with a light and wear it on your back? (You'd have turtle back qualities unheard of before for sliding accidents). "Swede" --- In DSN_klr650@y..., Andy Watts wrote: > > Hi Guys, > I want to relocate my number-plate onto the mudguard (fender?) but > I'm not sure how to illuminate it.. I plan on mounting it so it's virtually > touching the bottom of the rear light , mainly for looks as opposed to > anything else. > > I just know that I'll get pulled by the police as I do a fair > amount of my riding after my kids (twins,5yrs old) are tucked up in bed.. > > Anyone got any suggestions please ? > -- > Andy - Southampton, UK > KLR650A1 > Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered