v-v-v-v-v-vibration

DSN_KLR650
Steve Thomas

help no power

Post by Steve Thomas » Sun Mar 04, 2001 3:34 pm

Hey Guy's, I have a problem with my 2000 KLR. When I got the bike back about a week ago( had the broken choke cable plastic thingy) I tried the bike out ,after waiting for the new part that I still have not got, the bike has no power at all. The mechanic says all he did was set the air mix screw out to 3 turns& check the valves ( which he said did not need adj. but that one of them was tight & would eventually wear in.) Is it possible this choke cable thingy is sucking air & causing the loss of power or what? I plan on going back in the bike & setting the valves myself. What's the valves settings? please feel free to contact me offlist. Thanks in advance. Steve T. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

monahanwb@yahoo.com

help no power

Post by monahanwb@yahoo.com » Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:10 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Steve Thomas" wrote:
> Hey Guy's, > I have a problem with my 2000 KLR. When I got the bike back
about a week ago( had the broken choke cable plastic thingy) I tried the bike out ,after waiting for the new part that I still have not got, the bike has no power at all. The mechanic says all he did was set the air mix screw out to 3 turns& check the valves ( which he said did not need adj. but that one of them was tight & would eventually wear in.) The bike should run fine no matter where the air screw is adjusted, except at low speeds maybe. the mechanic's bullshitting , about the valves, though. I think he just took your money. The thing to do is check out to make sure the enricher is not stuck (cable could be too tight) and set the valves yourself. They're not going to improve if they're already tight.

Mark S. Hamlin

help no power

Post by Mark S. Hamlin » Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:46 pm

| From: "Steve Thomas" | Subject: help no power | The mechanic says all he did was set the air mix screw out to 3 turns& check the valves ( which he said did not need adj. but that one of them was tight & would eventually wear in.) If I were you,and I paid that mechanic money, I would have him right back in their adjusting that valve and Id be standing right over his shoulder watching. Whats the point of paying for labor to check it just to let it go. And the 'wearing in' is effing ridiculous. Go to the manager, then do it yourself. Mark S. Hamlin Corralitos, CA USA 2000 MZ Black Panther 1985 BMW K100

Debbie Barry

help no power

Post by Debbie Barry » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:23 pm

I agree, besides when a KLR valve wears in it gets TIGHTER, not looser. John Barry 01 KLR650 81 R100S
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark S. Hamlin" To: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 12:00 AM Subject: [DSN_klr650] Re: help no power > > | From: "Steve Thomas" > | Subject: help no power > | > The mechanic says all he did was set the air mix screw out to 3 turns& check > the valves ( which he said did not need adj. but that one of them was tight > & would eventually wear in.) > > If I were you,and I paid that mechanic money, I would have him right back in > their adjusting that valve and Id be standing right over his shoulder > watching. Whats the point of paying for labor to check it just to let it go. > And the 'wearing in' is effing ridiculous. Go to the manager, then do it > yourself. > > Mark S. Hamlin > Corralitos, CA USA > 2000 MZ Black Panther > 1985 BMW K100 > > > > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

Bogdan Swider

help no power

Post by Bogdan Swider » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:55 pm

> , > check the valves ( which he said did not need adj. but that one of them > was tight & would eventually wear in.) > > What nonsense. The man is a liar and a theaf. Bogdan >

Krgrife@aol.com

help no power

Post by Krgrife@aol.com » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:01 pm

In a message dated 3/5/01 1:26:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, debbie@... writes: << I agree, besides when a KLR valve wears in it gets TIGHTER, not looser. >> Not always, after last summer's rebuild my intakes got tighter but one exhaust valve got looser. Now after 7-8000 miles they seem to be not changing. Kurt Grife

Gord Hunt

v-v-v-v-v-vibration

Post by Gord Hunt » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:34 pm

Why don't ya trade me your vibrators for my 1984 KLR 600 ... it is completely vibration free even though I'm running MT21 tires :) .... Maybe if you had a lady on the back the vibrations wouldn't seem so bad.. maybe even a plus :-> later, Gord 1984 KLR 600 1977 KZ750 (bored to 883) 1979 Can Am 400 (Widow Maker) _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com