arkansas trails

DSN_KLR650
Tom Vervaeke

de-californicating - need non-ca info please

Post by Tom Vervaeke » Tue Sep 26, 2000 2:34 pm

Hello: I've finished the De-Californizing of my 99 KLR but would like to ask one of you with a non-CA spec bike to help me close the loop on one specific item. I cannot determine from the repair manual how a non-CA bike should look. All KLR gas tanks have two hoses at the bottom of the fuel petcock. 1. One is the actual fuel line that is the bigger of the two and delivers fuel to the carb. 2. The smaller line on a CA-spec bike is about 10" long and then it enters a T fitting. One of the lines from the T fitting goes to the top-front of the carburator body. The second line goes to the fuel/vapor thingie which I have eliminated. My question: 1. On a NON-CA spec bike, is the smaller line (vacumn line I assume) from the gas tank to the carb a single piece of flexible line? 2. Or, does it indeed have a T-fitting. If it has a T, where does the line go to? After my de-Californizing of my bike, I have to decide what to do with the T in the vacumn line from the tank to the carb. I currrently have the 3rd line (the one that used to go from the T fitting to the fuel/vapor separator) blocked off with a screw. The bike seems to run fine but if I truly don't need the T-fitting at all I'll just run a single piece of line from the tank to the carb for the vacumn. Thus, I can eliminate 1 more piece of hardware that may not be needed. I am in the process of documenting this all with pictures, etc.. to be placed on the Rev's web site (hopefully). Thanks in advance, tom v. A13 (formerly A13-CA) PS: Big thankyou to the guy who placed the fiche program online. Very useful. ===== ========================================================= Tom Vervaeke, Colorado, USA |Email: tom_vervaeke@... '99 Kawasaki KLR-650, 5.0K |Ph: 719-495-2152 (home) '96 BMW R1100GS, Black 61.5K|Ph: 719-590-2133 (work) Colorado DualSporters Group |Ph: 719-650-4578 (cell/riding) Try: http://www.egroups.com/group/Colorado-Dualsporters ========================================================= __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/

Tom Berry

arkansas trails

Post by Tom Berry » Tue Sep 26, 2000 3:42 pm

Greetings All: A friend is thinking of burning his last week of vacation doing some trail riding in the South. He's thinking Arkansas, but has no idea of what's available. Does anyone have info regarding off-road riding in Arkansas? Thanks in advance, TomB