[dsn_klr650] supertrapp ids2 # of discs and jetting questions

DSN_KLR650
Mark

[dsn_klr650] we deserve a name!-very klr

Post by Mark » Mon Aug 21, 2000 10:14 pm

At 10:52 PM -0400 8/21/00, carmic7@... wrote:
>hello list > >we are great in numbers and definitely hard core! a proud few ! > >we deserve a logo and a name even a sticker for my rear fender > >What about K.L.O.G ? KL owners group
Looks too much like HOG; I'm sure HD would sue. Mark B2 A2

Calis

Post by Calis » Mon Aug 21, 2000 11:03 pm

I think I like that one hehe ---------- How about K.L.I.T.S. which of course stands for KLR Lovers In Total Solidarity? Ok, are we in agreement on this now? It doesn't conflict with the Hog Ridin Fools. Remember Zap? Barnacle Bill

Rev. Chuck

Post by Rev. Chuck » Mon Aug 21, 2000 11:28 pm

>hello list > >we are great in numbers and definitely hard core! a proud few ! > >we deserve a logo and a name even a sticker for my rear fender > >What about K.L.O.G ? KL owners group > > > >Or K.L.O.C. Kl owners club
Arne- Use that 'poll thing sitting there on the server. I think we should do something to ID ourselvs (as long as it has nothing more to do with "Shocking Pictures"!) How about collecting a consensus and providing several names to vote on? Winner gets a year of DSN, I'll pay. Anybody have a connection to printing up some stickers? --- Rev. Chuck :^)>+ A13 http://klr650.50megs.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Send your favorite photo with any online greeting! http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/americangreetings.rdct

TNBMWRIDER@aol.com

Post by TNBMWRIDER@aol.com » Tue Aug 22, 2000 8:43 am

In a message dated 08/22/2000 12:29:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, klr650@... writes: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ + A13 http://klr650.50megs.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ About them stickers: Our local beemer club just had some made up and here's our story. FASTSIGNS in Memphis charged us $49.50 for 20 prototypes (ten black, ten white decals) to show to the membership and then we ordered 100 of each color. They are 4 inch Edge print on Premium Vinyl DECALS with art work and text. With 200 decals the unit cost came to $1.75 per decal for a total of $350.00. We are providing one free to each member that pays their yearly $15.00 dues and then selling the others for $3.00 each. They have been a real hit and serve to also advertise our existence. I have three on my R100GS. I hope this helps us to decide to do something like this for this group too. I would put three on my A11. David W. Moulder (a.k.a. BB) TNBMWRIDER@... Riders Association of the MidSouth (RAMS), Website - www.bmwrams.org Club Treasurer RAMS # 127 BMWMOA #49736 Rider of the Birds and the Bees 1997 (A11) KLR 650 - "Bluebird" 1994 R100GS - "Bumblebee"

DonJonuska@webtv.net

Post by DonJonuska@webtv.net » Tue Aug 22, 2000 8:45 am

Ok, I agree we need to stay away from the OG stuff because of the harley thing how about... KLR Adventure Touring Society or or something like that. Don KLR A13 "Salad Shooter" 73' TS185

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Tue Aug 22, 2000 8:56 am

>hello list >we are great in numbers and definitely hard core! a proud few ! >we deserve a logo and a name even a sticker for my rear fender >What about K.L.O.G ? KL owners group
Listers- I was contemplating this very same thing early this morning on my way back from the beach (in a cage no less, but my girlfriend is at least happy that I showed up for her birthday but hasn't heard about my accident yet)... I am thinking about purchasing a Kawi Concours to complement my KLR for long road hauls so yesterday I went to kawasaki's webpage to learn more about the bike. Well on the Concours page in the "Learn More" window, they talk about the Concours Owners Group (COG) and in the community section of the website the main COG site is listed. As far as I can tell, they are a wholly independant group of motorcyclist like us, but they have factory reCOGnition (sorry!)... Have we thought about pursuing something like that? The community created on the list is one of the best that I have had the opportunity to be involved in and I think would be a tremendous resource not only to a perspective buyer but to the factory itself. I guess that we'd have to come up with a name, and perhaps the factory might impose some kind of membership fee, but if we can setup some channel for communication with Kawasaki through an owners group, I think it would be fanastically advantageous for us to do so... Perhaps Kawasaki sees this a bit differently, but have we checked out pursue such action? If not, I would be more than happy and willing to donate my time to the cause... Anyone else? Zack 1991 KLR

Jim Jackson

Post by Jim Jackson » Tue Aug 22, 2000 9:12 am

K.K.I.D.S. Kawasaki KLR International Dual Sporters "The young at heart" Dem creative juices just a-ebbin' and a-flowin' Jim Jackson II A13 - South Carolina
> > > >we are great in numbers and definitely hard core! a proud few ! > > > >I think it would be fanastically advantageous for us to do so... >
________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Scherer, Michael

Post by Scherer, Michael » Tue Aug 22, 2000 10:05 am

That'll do. Get the stickers made. I'll take a few. KKK - Kawasaki Klr650 Klub (if this offends you... get a life) or Kawasaki KLR650 Society Gino Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

ephilride@aol.com

Post by ephilride@aol.com » Tue Aug 22, 2000 11:17 am

In a message dated 8/22/00 7:54:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time, k650dsn@... writes:
> KKK - Kawasaki Klr650 Klub (if this offends you... get a life) > > or > > Kawasaki KLR650 Society
~~~~~~~~~~ How 'bout: KORE (Klr Owners Ride Everywhere) -KNOT (Knows Not, Only Talks)

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 22, 2000 11:51 am

At 12:17 PM -0400 8/22/2000, ephilride@... wrote:
> >~~~~~~~~~~ >How 'bout: KORE (Klr Owners Ride Everywhere) > >-KNOT (Knows Not, Only Talks)
How about... TAOIKDSMORAPWWTHOI "The Association of International Kawasaki Dual Sport Motorcycle Owners, Riders and People Who Wish They Had One, Inc." I think it's an acronym in Kalahari Bushman speak. Mark B2 A2