part & fred's addy

DSN_KLR650
Sarah Barwig

part & fred's addy

Post by Sarah Barwig » Mon Aug 14, 2000 4:30 pm

At 09:23 PM 8/14/00 +0000, you wrote:
>The DUALSPORT.ORG >web site is down so I cant find Fred's website. Does Fred sell this part? >what's his web address? > >thanks
http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com Not sure if Fred's got the part you want in stock, but he can usually get whatever ya need. :) ---o&>o--- Sarah Barwig sarah@...

John Gutekunst

[dsn_klr650] exhaust system to power up without lots of repacki

Post by John Gutekunst » Mon Aug 14, 2000 4:37 pm

If’n I kin put a jet in ma scooter, how hawrd kin ut bee?

Someone recently posted, “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow” (or something like that). Not that the KLR is slow, but you see the point. (rite on top uf ma hed!)

John Gutekunst

KLR650A13

j_gutekunst@...

-----Original Message----- [b]From:[/b] Weaver, Mark [mailto:markw@...] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, August 14, 2000 5:20 PM [b]To:[/b] Klrlist (E-mail) [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] exhaust system to power up without lots of repacking, etc...

i made the terrible mistake of demo'ing an Aprilia SL1000 Falco over the weekend. Oh my gawd what a motor! i realize that a klr is not ever going to be a monster-bike like that, but for the first time i'm starting to think it might not be a bad idea to rejet my bike to coax a few more horses out of it. I know i've always said "if i want to go faster, i'll just buy a bigger bike," but i'm now trying to avoid doing so, despite my new obsession. on the other hand, i don't want spend a ton of money, do a ton of work to customize it so it'll actually fit, and then have a finicky exhaust system that i have to repack all the time (whatever repacking is). i'm putting about 1500 miles a month on my A14, so i'd like to keep the periodic maintenance to a minimum. i've read lots of horror stories about how poor the worksmanship is on many of the aftermarket exhaust setups. so here are my questions: 1) is there any consensus on the best fit and finish and durability among the exhaust systems currently out there for the klr? 2) is a reasonably intelligent person going to be able to work on his carburetor and install a jet kit without screwing everything up? so far i've been able to adjust valves, and change tires and sprockets without catastrophe, but i've never done a darn thing to a carburetor in my life. advice? do i need special tools or training or equipment? thanks for the help. mw

Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

BCSavWill@cs.com

[dsn_klr650] exhaust system to power up without lots of repacki

Post by BCSavWill@cs.com » Mon Aug 14, 2000 4:46 pm

Hi, Ride a 62 hp Honda XR 650 L, just a tad quicker! If you can stay on it. Most fun is riding a fast bike fast, then calling it a bit sort of slow when you are waiting for the rest of the guys to turn up. I jest, my KLR keeps me sane, happy and in one piece. Regards, Brian A14 snail with a bark.