nklr electrex, fin

DSN_KLR650
spye@hvgb.net

[dsn_klr650] a?

Post by spye@hvgb.net » Wed Jul 12, 2000 6:26 pm

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Cunningham To: DSN_klr650 (E-mail) DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 7:00 PM
>This will surely label me as a KLR newbie, but I have had my 88 KLR since >1992. But what is this A designation I keep seeing (A7, A13 etc...) I am >assuming its the years since the first ones were built. help me out here.
Jim, You guessed right. 1987= A1 1988= A2 1989=A3 etc. etc. Steve Pye

spye@hvgb.net

[dsn_klr650] a?

Post by spye@hvgb.net » Wed Jul 12, 2000 6:46 pm

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Cunningham To: 'spye@...' Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:28 PM
>thanks I also learned something else new; I thought KLRs started in 85,
but
>I guess it was 87
Actually, your close! You may be thinking of the KLR 600 which I believe came out in 84'. The 'A' is part of the model no. kL650-A1 is an 87' and so on. The new European model is a 'C'. I believe the Tengai was a 'B', but I stand to be corrected. I have no idea what the model no. was on the KLX! There was also a KLR 500, also refered to by the 'A'. Steve Pye

Chris Krok

nklr electrex, fin

Post by Chris Krok » Thu Jul 13, 2000 1:29 pm

> >With the problems that listers are having with Electrex components during > >installation & running, the safest bet for the time being may be to look > >elsewhere. Maybe we can discount Dash's problems, he seems to invite > >trouble in many things that he touches (G!).
I'm surprised, because the stator for my Suzuki fit perfectly. (Although I had to slot the regulator mounting holes to get that to fit.) Maybe they don't do as much homework on some bikes.
> Hey Doc, Very, very nice work.
Thanks!
> Guess I'll have to chunk my rat-tail files, > hack saws, 4 lb mini-sledge hammer........Good design and CNC equipment sure > makes some fancy and functional components.
Ooooh, is that the Craftsman Engineer's Hammer? I love that thing! Used that and pickle forks when I rebuilt the suspension on my RX-7. I also came across a neat piece of history when they cleaned out some of the shop's storage. It's an older anti-marring hammer, with a 4 lb cast-iron head. Instead of the rubber striking heads that modern no-mar hammers have, this one has a solidly rolled up strip of rawhide inserted in each end. Cast into the head are the words "U.S.A. GREEN & TWEED DEFENSE HAMMER." So, I keep it next to my desk in case I'm assaulted. I don't know how well it will work against bears, though. Anyway, the bulk of the praise for the shark fin can go to the fact that I work in academia. I'd never have this kind of access to the shop in industry. I'll be finishing up this job in the fall, and if I leave LA, I'll really miss having the shop around. Unless I can move to Australia and meet some of those wimmen soldiers. Hoooo-ee! :) El Krokko, aka Big Cee -- Dr. J. Christopher Krok Project Engineer, Adaptive Wall Wind Tunnel Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories, California Institute of Technology MS 205-45 Phone: 626.395.4794 Pasadena, CA 91125 Fax: 626.449.2677