help, running hot

DSN_KLR650
Rob MacLeod

[dsn_klr650] nklr qoutable qoutes

Post by Rob MacLeod » Fri Jun 23, 2000 11:43 am

"Got any others? -Adam" Yes. How about the one that grinds on my nerves--"I didn't know you rode a 'motorbike' those things are dangerous! I would never ride on one of those things." Rob

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Jun 23, 2000 11:52 am

How about: "Is that hot?" Most common question when I am wearing my Stich in 95 degree + weather Desired reply: "YES YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT. WOULD I BE SWEATING LIKE A DOG IF I WAS COOL AS CUCUMBER IN THIS SUIT?" Usual reply (accompanied by look of total restraint): "Sometimes" "OMG! You're motorcyclist! You're going to die doing that!" Most common BDC comment Usual reply: "OMG! You're a Democrat! You're going to die being that!" (especially good retort in DC where NOBODY gets political humor :) "My (half-brother twice removed) was just killed on his motorcycle" Most common BDC greeting Usual reply: "My gerbil just died on his treadmill, SO?" "What is that suit your wearing for?" Other BDC common question Favorite reply: "Cause they allow people like you on the roads" "How come you don't have a (Harley/Sportbike)?" Pedestrian question "When are you going to buy a (Harley/Sportbike)?" Another great pedestrian question Zack Adam Stahnke wrote:
> > While seeking out new tires at a local shop, I started to remember > some of the things that I've heard people say since I got the A7. > Starting with the "Quest for tires." > > "KLR, Huh? Not too many of those around. A 50/50 tire? Those bikes > are scary off-road because they are so heavy. You need a street tire > or this pure knobby and just suck up the loss in gas mileage on the > street." > A classic and my favorite. Yeah, isolate the customer adn make them > feel like they have a crappy bike. I'll never shop there again. Ah, > customer service. > > "Hey bro, nice ride." > Southern California speak for "Excuse me, I like your motorcycle." > > "How come you're the only one I see wearing that stuff?" > Semi-disgusted co-worker commenting on my full protective gear. > > Got any others? > > -Adam > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Jeff Walker

Post by Jeff Walker » Fri Jun 23, 2000 12:12 pm

[i]"How come you're the only one I see wearing that stuff?"[/i] Semi-disgusted co-worker commenting on my full protective gear.

Got any others?

"My god!  How can you stand to wear all that in this heat?  Isn't that hot?" Asked by non motorcyclists, and squids wearing a helmet, a T-shirt and shorts.   Answer I usually give:  "Not as hot as that pavement would feel sliding across it."   Jeff

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 23, 2000 12:20 pm

At 10:05 AM -0700 6/23/2000, Jeff Walker wrote:
>"How come you're the only one I see wearing that stuff?" >Semi-disgusted co-worker commenting on my full protective gear. > >Got any others?
Harley poseur, if he's willing to talk to you, always ask's, "First bike?" Mark B2 A2

Zachariah Mully

Post by Zachariah Mully » Fri Jun 23, 2000 12:21 pm

Oops... Picked this one up from some neighborhood Squids... BDC = Brain Dead Cager Sorry for the confusion of terms... Zack Jeff Walker wrote:
> > What is a "BDC"? > > Jeff > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Zachariah Mully > To: Adam Stahnke > Cc: klr650 DSN_klr650@egroups.com> > Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 9:56 AM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Qoutable Qoutes > > > How about: > > > > "Is that hot?" > > Most common question when I am wearing my Stich in 95 degree + weather > > Desired reply: > > "YES YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT. WOULD I BE SWEATING LIKE A DOG IF I WAS COOL AS > > CUCUMBER IN THIS SUIT?" > > Usual reply (accompanied by look of total restraint): > > "Sometimes" > > > > "OMG! You're motorcyclist! You're going to die doing that!" > > Most common BDC comment > > Usual reply: > > "OMG! You're a Democrat! You're going to die being that!" >

Kurt Simpson

Post by Kurt Simpson » Fri Jun 23, 2000 12:38 pm

> > "Got any others? > > -Adam" >
When I show up in my full Darien and Nolan N100 I'm sometimes referred to as "the Power Ranger"... Kurt

ephilride@aol.com

Post by ephilride@aol.com » Fri Jun 23, 2000 1:38 pm

> Got any others? > > -Adam
A cheerful Knot (K) to parts tech: "Good day sir, I would like to pick up a few parts for my rig. I need a gear shift lever, clutch and throttle cables, spark plug, and 4 oil filters. Part Tech (T); "What bike was that for?" K - "A14" PT: "Is that a Kawa....." K: "Yes" PT: "We don't stock those parts. I can special order them for you if you pay for them in advance." K: "Can I use my Visa instead of cash" PT: "Sure, but we charge 3% more. K: Grrrrrrrrrrrr.... PT: "Is something wrong, why is your face sooo red, don't hit........Hey, don't go away mad, why don't you look over in our leather department, all the fringed goodies are 20% off this week." later that day---- K: "Hello there Fred, I need a few thangs......" Fred: "Thanks for the order, you should have them at your doorstep by Tuesday" Knot - who doesn't expect much from his local dealer and usually get it - not much, that is.

Rev. Chuck

Post by Rev. Chuck » Fri Jun 23, 2000 1:39 pm

>"KLR, Huh? Not too many of those around. A 50/50 tire? Those bikes >are scary off-road because they are so heavy. You need a street tire or >this pure knobby and just suck up the loss in gas mileage on the >street." >A classic and my favorite. Yeah, isolate the customer adn make them >feel like they have a crappy bike. I'll never shop there again. Ah, >customer service. > >"Hey bro, nice ride." >Southern California speak for "Excuse me, I like your motorcycle." > >"How come you're the only one I see wearing that stuff?" >Semi-disgusted co-worker commenting on my full protective gear. > >Got any others?
Week-end HD pilot sez, as looking at the KLR: "...rice burner eh? looks more like a rice harvester..." --- Rev. Chuck :^)>+ A13 http://klr650.50megs.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day! Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct

Tom Bowman

Post by Tom Bowman » Fri Jun 23, 2000 5:01 pm

Adam wrote:
> While seeking out new tires at a local shop, I started to
remember some
> of the things that I've heard people say since I got the A7.
Starting
> with the "Quest for tires." > > "KLR, Huh? Not too many of those around. A 50/50 tire? Those
bikes
> are scary off-road because they are so heavy. You need a
street tire or
> this pure knobby and just suck up the loss in gas mileage on
the
> street." > A classic and my favorite. Yeah, isolate the customer adn make
them
> feel like they have a crappy bike. I'll never shop there
again. Ah,
> customer service. > > "Hey bro, nice ride." > Southern California speak for "Excuse me, I like your
motorcycle."
> > "How come you're the only one I see wearing that stuff?" > Semi-disgusted co-worker commenting on my full protective gear. > > Got any others? > > -Adam
In response to comments: "Isn't that suit hot?" : "Not as bad as you might think after you've priced skin grafts from yer ass sliding down the asphalt in shorts and a tee shirt...." "What kinda outfit is that?" "Delta Force. Just walk outta here like nothing's unusual and you might live another day." "Wow, yer a long way from home." "Yeah, 700 miles today and only another 800 to go." Tom Bowman Atlanta A14 "Stella"

spye@hvgb.net

Post by spye@hvgb.net » Fri Jun 23, 2000 5:13 pm

LOL !! I like that answer Jeff! Steve Pye A7( also owner of TWO leather jackets in 20 yrs that ended up with strange holes or abrasions from pavement contact!)
[b]-----Original Message-----[/b] [b]From: [/b]Jeff Walker [b]To: [/b]klr650 DSN_klr650@egroups.com>; Adam Stahnke [b]Date: [/b]Friday, June 23, 2000 2:12 PM   "My god!  How can you stand to wear all that in this heat?  Isn't that hot?" Asked by non motorcyclists, and squids wearing a helmet, a T-shirt and shorts.   Answer I usually give:  "Not as hot as that pavement would feel sliding across it."   Jeff