c:\klr to west va\dcp00197.jpg;c:\klr to west va\dcp00203.jpg

DSN_KLR650
TNBMWRIDER@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] c:\klr to west va\dcp00197.jpg;c:\klr to

Post by TNBMWRIDER@aol.com » Thu Jun 01, 2000 10:55 pm

Jim - Thanks for the pics. I am interested to know what you are using for side bags - those red net-looking thangs. What the hell is that? Seems like that would save on weight and yet hold all the large pieces in for the trip. Curious, hmmmmmmmm. I have just gotten a '97 and am now neglecting my beemer, as the KLR is so sweet in the twisties and a joy to just take anywhere. My only concern is overloading it with camping/rally gear, as I am already a big 55 yo guy and used to carrying all I want on my GS beemer. Your red net-looking thangs gives me some ideas to cut down on weight. David W. Moulder "Bumblebee" RAMS Treasurer TNBMWRIDER@... 901-660-1039 1994 R100GS 1997 KLR 650

Wontco@yahoo.com

c:\klr to west va\dcp00197.jpg;c:\klr to west va\dcp00203.jpg

Post by Wontco@yahoo.com » Fri Jun 02, 2000 6:33 pm

I was wondering what kind of tankbag that is in the pic. Also, wondering about the cargo nets. Looks like they keep everything roped in nice and tight. thanks---KB
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, JIM JAMES wrote: > > > C:\klr to west va\DCP00197.JPG;C:\klr to west va\DCP00203.JPG > here are a couple of pictures of the klr loaded for bear.... i decided that i really like this little bike, especially for the mountains. i really enjoyed riding west va. roads more on this bike than the ST, although 80-85 on the interstate was no problem, either. the centerstand dragged on a few curves before about 1/4 inch got sanded off the feet, then all was o.k. i either need to crank in a little more preload on the rear shock or loose some more weight. nevertheless, you can really throw this thing around through twisties. later, james