mapping software (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
Sarah Barwig

[dsn_klr650] nklr songs for long distance riding

Post by Sarah Barwig » Mon May 08, 2000 7:38 pm

> --------------------------------------------------------------------- > Free Wheel Burning (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Rock Hard, Ride Free (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Highway Star (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Lazy (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Radar Love (...) > Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) > Ride On (AC/DC)
Well, Istvan, you have radically different musical tastes than I do, but I'll toss some stuff out there... Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound -- Tom Paxton: best of Silk Pyjamas -- Thomas Dolby: Astronauts & Heretics -- the whole album is good. Time Stand Still -- Rush: ?? not sure which album Get Out the Map -- Indigo Girls: Shaming of the Sun Chess: The Musical -- The Guys formerly known as Abba Cut the Rope -- Willy Porter: Falling Forward Eye of Fatima -- Camper van Beethoven: Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart There's a start... Sarah

Calis

Post by Calis » Mon May 08, 2000 8:20 pm

>1) wish - NIN >2) Just about anything by Motley Crue (kickstart my heart, dr feelgood) >3) Velvet butterfly wings? (despite all my rage I am still just a rat in
the CAGE!!!!) - Smashing Pumpkins
>4) Lust for Life - Iggy Pop >5) Wicked - Korn > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > Free Wheel Burning (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Rock Hard, Ride Free (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Highway Star (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Lazy (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Radar Love (...) > Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) > Ride On (AC/DC)
Well, Istvan, you have radically different musical tastes than I do, but I'll toss some stuff out there... Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound -- Tom Paxton: best of Silk Pyjamas -- Thomas Dolby: Astronauts & Heretics -- the whole album is good. Time Stand Still -- Rush: ?? not sure which album Get Out the Map -- Indigo Girls: Shaming of the Sun Chess: The Musical -- The Guys formerly known as Abba Cut the Rope -- Willy Porter: Falling Forward Eye of Fatima -- Camper van Beethoven: Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart There's a start... Sarah -------------- Oh, man (and lady), this is a thread I can really get into! I have to say that I like all of the music thrown around so far, I have to throw a few myself. I'm one of these guys that likes full albums though, so there's some of those in here hehe. Metallica - The Black Album Dazed and Confused Soundtrack Judas Priest - Turbo Lover Twisted Sister - Hungry Enigma - The Screen Behind the Mirror Loreena McKennit - The Visit and toss in a little Rosini for good measure :) twisted ain't I ? Calis

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Mon May 08, 2000 9:29 pm

In a message dated 05/08/2000 7:20:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time, calis@... writes: 1) wish - NIN
>2) Just about anything by Motley Crue (kickstart my heart, dr feelgood) >3) Velvet butterfly wings? (despite all my rage I am still just a rat in
the CAGE!!!!) - Smashing Pumpkins
>4) Lust for Life - Iggy Pop >5) Wicked - Korn >>
Love leads to Madness - Nazareth Blue Beard - Cocteau Twins Kells Opening Theme - Iona Under the Milkyway - The Church Ghost Riders in the Sky - Johnny Cash version The Sun and the Stream - Enya Gino

Bryan Loehr

Post by Bryan Loehr » Mon May 08, 2000 9:41 pm

Songs for Long Distance Riding: 1. It's a Small World (Disney) 2. Danke Shen(SP) (Newton) 3. Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road (unknown) 4. Chicken Face Stew (also unknown) 5. Cool Water (Robbins) Bryan Loehr

Jim Zink

Post by Jim Zink » Mon May 08, 2000 11:11 pm

Dead Skunk is by Loudin Wainwright III

Tom Simpson

Post by Tom Simpson » Tue May 09, 2000 12:26 am

Istvan Szlany wrote:
> Hello List! > > I have a few songs in the list below, some of them is riding/road related, > others not really but I still like them. Could you, please, continue the > list, maybe we can come up with something cool for those loooooong hours in > the saddle. > > Cheers, > > istvan+Eh13 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > Free Wheel Burning (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Rock Hard, Ride Free (Judas Priest: Defenders of the Faith) > Highway Star (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Lazy (Deep Purple: Machine Head) > Radar Love (...) > Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) > Ride On (AC/DC)
Hmm...in my past few rides... Driving the Last Spike- Genesis Pale Shelter-Tears for Fears One-Metalica Walk in the Shadows-Queensryche The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete-Smashing Pumkins Come Original-311 Army of Me-Bjork Take it Easy-The Eagles Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd ...and a whole host of others. I dont have an MP3 player rigged up for the bike yet...have to recall them from the integral nonvolatile storage located between my ears. :) -Tom '96 KLR 650

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » Tue May 09, 2000 2:38 am

Steppenwolf Born To Be WILD

Arne Larsen

Post by Arne Larsen » Tue May 09, 2000 2:42 am

Moving pictures - Rush Hemispheres - Rush Spirit of the Radio - Rush ... what the hell... ANYTHING Rush! Arne

Ted Palmer

Post by Ted Palmer » Tue May 09, 2000 10:49 am

Istvan Szlany wrote:
> Could you, please, continue the > list, maybe we can come up with something cool for those loooooong hours in > the saddle.
"Autobahn" (all 22 min 30 secs of the single track) - Kraftwerk "Bat Out of Hell" - Meatloaf "Bad to the Bone" - George Thorogood "Gear Jammer" - George Thorogood "Ride of the Valkyrie" - Wagner (would be good when attacking the twisties on a loaded BMW) "O Fortuna" - Orff etc etc Mister_T

Dash Weeks

Post by Dash Weeks » Tue May 09, 2000 10:57 am

Well the Forest Fire has us out of work again today. I can see blue sky over my house though so that's a good sign. This is quality bonding time with my right side of engine removed. Mental note: Let the kids play on the Playstation and keep them away from Brake Cleaner. Tom, it seems that we'd be in concert if we were riding together. All excellent. I'd only add "Into the Great Wide Open" - Tom Petty What I was wondering though, you have non-volatile up there? Man, I wish. Every time I crash I seem to lose something. My riding program seems to lose my preferences and I have to revert to the defaults. I need to download and back-up every night before jacking in. We need some lyrics to "We are Borg" Any song writers out there? How about a list patch for our jackets or soft panniers or a sticker. Just "Borg" would send the message and identify ourselves. Oh well, better bail. LaterZ Dash
> Hmm...in my past few rides... > > >Driving the Last Spike- Genesis > >Pale Shelter-Tears for Fears > >One-Metalica > >Walk in the Shadows-Queensryche > >The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete-Smashing Pumkins > >Come Original-311 > >Army of Me-Bjork > >Take it Easy-The Eagles > >Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd > > ...and a whole host of others. > > > I dont have an MP3 player rigged up for the bike yet...have to recall > them >from the integral nonvolatile storage located between my ears. :) > > >-Tom >'96 KLR 650