1/4 mile times ?

DSN_KLR650
Erik

nklr katrina response

Post by Erik » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:39 pm

> > Just FYI, none of this stuff was news to me when I say the Daily Show > clip. I do happen to rather agree with Jon in this clip, but you probably > couldn't guessed that ;)
^^^^^^^^ "could've". Was trying to be lighthearted, not insult anyone's guessing ability. erik

scott quillen

nklr katrina response

Post by scott quillen » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:42 pm

Mike, I'm not sure, but I believe I remember seeing the news clip where he said it. HOWEVER... If anyone (in a government position in Louisiana) suspected them to fail...why weren't they reinforced/improved long ago??? So by their actions (or lack thereof), I'd have to agree with the president. Otherwise, couldn't it be said that those in power in Louisiana (and New Orleans in particular) knew there was a tragedy in the making and did NOTHING to prevent it or lessen its impact! Nah..I guess it's just way to easy to blame Bush ;^) Regards, Scott Mike Frey wrote:
> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >
Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said that? Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Yahoo! Groups Links __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Erik

nklr katrina response

Post by Erik » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:44 pm

Scott, the Army Corp wanted to reinforce them, but their funds were diverted to Iraq. erik
> Mike, > > I'm not sure, but I believe I remember seeing the news clip where he > said it. > > HOWEVER... > > If anyone (in a government position in Louisiana) suspected them to > fail...why weren't they reinforced/improved long ago??? > > So by their actions (or lack thereof), I'd have to agree with the > president. Otherwise, couldn't it be said that those in power in > Louisiana (and New Orleans in particular) knew there was a tragedy in > the making and did NOTHING to prevent it or lessen its impact! > > Nah..I guess it's just way to easy to blame Bush ;^) > > Regards, > Scott > > Mike Frey wrote: > >> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >> > Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said > that? > > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

scott quillen

nklr katrina response

Post by scott quillen » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:49 pm

I really doubt that Iraq has been an issue as long as the levees have needed attention... ;^) Scott erik wrote: Scott, the Army Corp wanted to reinforce them, but their funds were diverted to Iraq. erik
> Mike, > > I'm not sure, but I believe I remember seeing the news clip where he > said it. > > HOWEVER... > > If anyone (in a government position in Louisiana) suspected them to > fail...why weren't they reinforced/improved long ago??? > > So by their actions (or lack thereof), I'd have to agree with the > president. Otherwise, couldn't it be said that those in power in > Louisiana (and New Orleans in particular) knew there was a tragedy in > the making and did NOTHING to prevent it or lessen its impact! > > Nah..I guess it's just way to easy to blame Bush ;^) > > Regards, > Scott > > Mike Frey wrote: > >> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >> > Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said > that? > > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >
Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Yahoo! Groups Links --------------------------------- Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Erik

nklr katrina response

Post by Erik » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:51 pm

No, but it really doesn't excuse the level of disconnectedness in that statement. You can't tell me you're looking for excuses every time Ted Kennedy says something stupid (okay, okay, that'd be a full time job. but even once?) erik
> I really doubt that Iraq has been an issue as long as the levees have needed attention... ;^) > > Scott > > erik wrote: > > Scott, the Army Corp wanted to reinforce them, but their funds were > diverted to Iraq. > > erik > >> Mike, >> >> I'm not sure, but I believe I remember seeing the news clip where he >> said it. >> >> HOWEVER... >> >> If anyone (in a government position in Louisiana) suspected them to >> fail...why weren't they reinforced/improved long ago??? >> >> So by their actions (or lack thereof), I'd have to agree with the >> president. Otherwise, couldn't it be said that those in power in >> Louisiana (and New Orleans in particular) knew there was a tragedy in >> the making and did NOTHING to prevent it or lessen its impact! >> >> Nah..I guess it's just way to easy to blame Bush ;^) >> >> Regards, >> Scott >> >> Mike Frey wrote: >> >>> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >>> >> Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said >> that?

Mike Frey

nklr katrina response

Post by Mike Frey » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:59 pm

(I hope the people who are tired of the Katrina emails have their filters on) OK, I watched it. He said it! At first glance, that seems like a dumb thing to say. BUT... I watched The Weather Channel almost exclusively up till Katrina was past New Orleans, and even they said "Looks like New Orleans was spared the brunt of the storm" or something similar. So, perhaps even some people with more experience didn't expect the levees to fail, since the worst of the storm passed to the east. erik wrote:
> >> >>> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >>> >> Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said >> that? > > > > He said it to Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America at 7:05am EST on 9/1. > > I saw video of it on The Daily Show, and the clip containing it is > available here > > mms://a386.v99506.c9950.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/386/9950/v001/comedystor.download.akamai.com/9951/com/dailyshow/jon/jon_10111.wmv > > > shorter url: > http://tinyurl.com/9ht5a > > Just FYI, none of this stuff was news to me when I say the Daily Show > clip. I do happen to rather agree with Jon in this clip, but you > probably couldn't guessed that ;) > > erik > >

scott quillen

nklr katrina response

Post by scott quillen » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:06 pm

You're right...it was a stupid, unnecessary statement...but certainly NOT his first. He never has come across as the most articulate president anyway. That doesn't make him a bad president. I, for one, am willing to overlook such non-issues, but there are plenty of folks out there who just grab hold of every little tidbit they can that might lessen their opinion of him. There's more than enough blame to go around for the events/decisions over the last two weeks. I'm certainly not going to lay it all at the feet of the president because he made yet another unnecessary statement. I believe an appropriate phrase here would be "swallow a camel, yet choke on a gnat". This whole thing about his statement is just such a gnat...what does it really matter??? Scott erik wrote: No, but it really doesn't excuse the level of disconnectedness in that statement. You can't tell me you're looking for excuses every time Ted Kennedy says something stupid (okay, okay, that'd be a full time job. but even once?) erik
> I really doubt that Iraq has been an issue as long as the levees have needed attention... ;^) > > Scott > > erik wrote: > > Scott, the Army Corp wanted to reinforce them, but their funds were > diverted to Iraq. > > erik > >> Mike, >> >> I'm not sure, but I believe I remember seeing the news clip where he >> said it. >> >> HOWEVER... >> >> If anyone (in a government position in Louisiana) suspected them to >> fail...why weren't they reinforced/improved long ago??? >> >> So by their actions (or lack thereof), I'd have to agree with the >> president. Otherwise, couldn't it be said that those in power in >> Louisiana (and New Orleans in particular) knew there was a tragedy in >> the making and did NOTHING to prevent it or lessen its impact! >> >> Nah..I guess it's just way to easy to blame Bush ;^) >> >> Regards, >> Scott >> >> Mike Frey wrote: >> >>> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >>> >> Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said >> that?
--------------------------------- Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Erik

nklr katrina response

Post by Erik » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:18 pm

> You're right...it was a stupid, unnecessary statement...but certainly > NOT his first. > He never has come across as the most articulate president anyway. That > doesn't make him a bad president.
Hey, we agree on something! (I bet we have similar views on motorcycles, too!) Of course, I happen to think he's a bad president, but not because he's inarticulate. I hate how media presentability seems is a - if not THE - primary factor in electibility.
> I, for one, am willing to overlook such non-issues, but there are plenty > of folks out there who just grab hold of every little tidbit they can > that might lessen their opinion of him.
You know, it was a tiny aside in my overall complaint. Believe me when I say two things - First: if I thought that FEMA was doing their job half as well as they did for me when I and my family and the red river valley community needed them in '97, I wouldn't be nearly as irate. Second - my opinion of Bush couldn't possibly get any lower ;)
> There's more than enough blame to go around for the events/decisions > over the last two weeks. I'm certainly not going to lay it all at the > feet of the president because he made yet another unnecessary statement.
Aye, I agree. There's PLENTY to go around. I only object to the idea that he's blameless.
> I believe an appropriate phrase here would be "swallow a camel, yet > choke on a gnat". This whole thing about his statement is just such a > gnat...what does it really matter???
It doesn't. It's just yet another straw on the poor camel's back. (I think we've done a good job of staying civil here, and I do hope that we could be having this conversation around a campfire somewhere. Of course I bet there'd be beer and yellng involved there, but it's a lot easier to keep that good natured face to face! I want to say that none of this - or previous politicing - keeps me from wanting to go riding with y'all. I sure hope the feeling is mutual.) erik

scott quillen

nklr katrina response

Post by scott quillen » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Erik, To each his/her own...everyone's opinion is at least as valuable as the next person's. Yeah..it'd be great to be around a campfire chasin' rabbits and shootin' the bull with a bunch of other dual-sporters! Regards, Scott erik wrote:
> You're right...it was a stupid, unnecessary statement...but certainly > NOT his first. > He never has come across as the most articulate president anyway. That > doesn't make him a bad president.
Hey, we agree on something! (I bet we have similar views on motorcycles, too!) Of course, I happen to think he's a bad president, but not because he's inarticulate. I hate how media presentability seems is a - if not THE - primary factor in electibility.
> I, for one, am willing to overlook such non-issues, but there are plenty > of folks out there who just grab hold of every little tidbit they can > that might lessen their opinion of him.
You know, it was a tiny aside in my overall complaint. Believe me when I say two things - First: if I thought that FEMA was doing their job half as well as they did for me when I and my family and the red river valley community needed them in '97, I wouldn't be nearly as irate. Second - my opinion of Bush couldn't possibly get any lower ;)
> There's more than enough blame to go around for the events/decisions > over the last two weeks. I'm certainly not going to lay it all at the > feet of the president because he made yet another unnecessary statement.
Aye, I agree. There's PLENTY to go around. I only object to the idea that he's blameless.
> I believe an appropriate phrase here would be "swallow a camel, yet > choke on a gnat". This whole thing about his statement is just such a > gnat...what does it really matter???
It doesn't. It's just yet another straw on the poor camel's back. (I think we've done a good job of staying civil here, and I do hope that we could be having this conversation around a campfire somewhere. Of course I bet there'd be beer and yellng involved there, but it's a lot easier to keep that good natured face to face! I want to say that none of this - or previous politicing - keeps me from wanting to go riding with y'all. I sure hope the feeling is mutual.) erik Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Yahoo! Groups Links --------------------------------- Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

John Kokola

nklr katrina response

Post by John Kokola » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:24 pm

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tt/2005/tt050909.gif --John Kokola
>> "I don't think anyone expected the levees to break" >> > Does anyone have a link to a site that tells us that Bush actually said > that?