Hello from the edge of the Appalachias!

Lady RubyRavn

Hello from the edge of the Appalachias!

Unread post by Lady RubyRavn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:14 pm

First, Happy New Year to everyone!

I am RubyRavn, a 50 yo straight up Witch who's been using rootwork for some time and didn't even realize it. Just thought of it as part of my Craft. That's what happens, I guess, when you fall into your Path long before there was an internet. Now I can't live without it! All that information at your fingertips! Unfortunately so much of it is misguided or complete misinformation, whether intentional or not. When corrected and they refuse to fix it, that's when I get upset. No one today it seems, understands the difference between fact and opinion. So, I have learned to stick with those who've been on their Path for longer than I've been on mine. And until now, Lucky Mojo has only been a source for reference. I've only just found the forums - woohoo!

Living on my husband's disability puts a damper on the buying budget, so I make-do with, and find what I need, right here on our 10 acres, "splurging" on occasion as needed. I'm hoping to find some more tips & tricks to help me further my rootworking, and this is definitely the site for that! SOO glad to have found these forums!

My Craft work involves distance healing through the Distance Healing Network for almost 3 yrs now. I am also Assistant Headmistress/Administrator/Teacher at Sacred Wood School of Magick & Witchcraft. I've been rewriting the lessons for the Beginning Witchcraft class because they were too Wicca oriented, and not witchcraft, and it was confusing to those new to witchcraft. Once they're beyond the beginning "basics", I will be introducing them to a bit more rootwork! Broaden their minds even more!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a Happy New Year!

Blessings!
RubyRavn

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Hello from the edge of the Appalachias!

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Hello, RubyRavn, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum. This is a place for my customers and clients to learn about how to use the spiritual supplies we make at the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, most of which are in the African American conjure, hoodoo, and rootworktradition. (We also offer limited lines of magical and spiritual supplies in the Hindu, Santeria, Folk-Catholic, Curandismo, Kabbalistic, and Pagan traditions.)

Enjoy yourself, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We have a great team of moderators, all of whom are graduates of my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course and will pitch in with responses -- plus we have some of the most knowledgeable rootwork practitioners here who come from families with generations of experience in this work.
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Welcome to the forum RubyRavn!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Welcome Ruby!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Welcome to The Forum RubyRavn!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Return to “2010 Introductions”