TA fuel pipes

Clifford Knight

TA Fuel pipes

Post by Clifford Knight » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:41 am

A question for the TA owners.Should there be filters on both tank to feed pipe adapters? I have just pulled both feed pipes to clean the lines and the reserve pipe adapter has a filter but the main line adapter does not. Is this correct or has a filter fallen off? Thanks to those who gave comments on dust covers. With import duty, exchange rate for $ and postage the US suppliers are a tad expensive in Europe. So far the best value seems to be:a German supplier at: http://www.kfz-schutzdecken.de/Car-Cover-Satin-Gruen-fuer-MG-TC-TD Their pricing is in Euros so the good GBP v Euro exchange rate helps. Thanks againCliff

Madhu Paroor

Re: TA Fuel pipes

Post by Madhu Paroor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:58 am

Hi Cliff,TC 0448 tank got 3 outlets, both has metal filters, but of different length. Von meinem iPhone gesendet Am 05.04.2015 um 15:11 schrieb "Clifford Knight clifford.f.knight@gmail.com [mg-tabc]" mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com>:
  A question for the TA owners.Should there be filters on both tank to feed pipe adapters? I have just pulled both feed pipes to clean the lines and the reserve pipe adapter has a filter but the main line adapter does not. Is this correct or has a filter fallen off? Thanks to those who gave comments on dust covers. With import duty, exchange rate for $ and postage the US suppliers are a tad expensive in Europe. So far the best value seems to be:a German supplier at: http://www.kfz-schutzdecken.de/Car-Cover-Satin-Gruen-fuer-MG-TC-TD  Their pricing is in Euros so the good GBP v Euro exchange rate helps.  Thanks againCliff

Conan Murphy

Re: TA Fuel pipes

Post by Conan Murphy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:20 am

Attachments :
    [*][url=file:///C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\PG Offline 4\Attachments\\Tank outlets.jpg]Tank outlets.jpg[/url]
Hello Cliff,   The filter is only on the Reserve.  The Main is just open pipe.  See photo attached.  The outlet with the shorter shiny pipe is an original I cut down when an impecunious student as I could not afford 3 gallons sloshing around! I still use this.  The one on the right is an unadulterated original Main.   (I ve not added photos before so if it gets stripped off by Yahoo, please get back to me so I can send direct.)   Regards to all, Ian Linton  TA3120 Lewes, East Sussex, UK   [b]From:[/b] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Sunday, April 05, 2015 10:41 AM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] TA Fuel pipes    

A question for the TA owners. Should there be filters on both tank to feed pipe adapters? I have just pulled both feed pipes to clean the lines and the reserve pipe adapter has a filter but the main line adapter does not. Is this correct or has a filter fallen off?   Thanks to those who gave comments on dust covers. With import duty, exchange rate for $ and postage the US suppliers are a tad expensive in Europe. So far the best value seems to be:a German supplier at:   http://www.kfz-schutzdecken.de/Car-Cover-Satin-Gruen-fuer-MG-TC-TD    Their pricing is in Euros so the good GBP v Euro exchange rate helps.   Thanks again Cliff

mg_kent

TA Fuel Pipes

Post by mg_kent » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello All, So while we are at it, which port in the TA fuel tank is the drain , which is the main, and reserve port? Some time ago, I removed all three to clean the tank, and unfortunately did not take good notes. Thanks in advance, Kent Jacoby, TA 1501 ---- "'TABC' tabc@talktalk.net [mg-tabc]" mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> Hello Cliff, > > The filter is only on the Reserve. The Main is just open pipe. See photo
attached. The outlet with the shorter shiny pipe is an original I cut down when an impecunious student as I could not afford 3 gallons sloshing around! I still use this. The one on the right is an unadulterated original Main.
> > (I ve not added photos before so if it gets stripped off by Yahoo, please get
back to me so I can send direct.)
> > Regards to all, > Ian Linton TA3120 > Lewes, East Sussex, UK

Conan Murphy

Re: TA Fuel Pipes

Post by Conan Murphy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:59 am

Hello Kent,   The tapped hole on the tank centreline is the drain. The middle of the 3 holes is the Main. The outer hole (nearside) is the Reserve.   The Reserve line should be the upper of the two line connectors forward under the nearside wing, and is the outer line at the petrol changeover tap.   At least that is what is on my car, from when I took it over in the 60 s.   Regards to all, Ian Linton TA3120 Lewes, East Sussex, UK   [b]From:[/b] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, April 07, 2015 1:12 AM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] TA Fuel Pipes     Hello All, So while we are at it, which port in the TA fuel tank is the drain , which is the main, and reserve port? Some time ago, I removed all three to clean the tank, and unfortunately did not take good notes. Thanks in advance, Kent Jacoby, TA 1501 ---- "'TABC' tabc@talktalk.net [mg-tabc]" mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> Hello Cliff, > > The filter is only on the Reserve. The
Main is just open pipe. See photo attached. The outlet with the shorter shiny pipe is an original I cut down when an impecunious student as I could not afford 3 gallons sloshing around! I still use this. The one on the right is an unadulterated original Main.
> > (I ve not added photos
before so if it gets stripped off by Yahoo, please get back to me so I can send direct.)
> > Regards to all, > Ian Linton TA3120 > Lewes, East Sussex, UK

Clifford Knight

Re: TA Fuel Pipes

Post by Clifford Knight » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 am

Attachments :Oh dear. I hope this does not start another endless debate. I am afraid the reserve connector on my 1939 TA is in the middle and the main is on the nearside. The pipes are as Ian's but their function is reversed. My car was purchased as a "for spares", engine-less vehicle in 1965. The Service Parts List for the Midget (Series TA and TB) Published by MG in 1939 and revised in 1946 shows the fittings the same way round as my car. Where they different pre 1939? Don't answer that one [img]cid:360@goomoji.gmail[/img] Cliff (Skopelos, Greece)