Early Front Wings

Carlyle Merritt

Fw: [mg-tabc] Early Front Wings

Post by Carlyle Merritt » Mon Jul 02, 2001 8:36 pm

I have an early TC wing on the right side of my TC - At the time I restored my car a couple of years ago I could not find a right wing for my 1949 TC. The wing is finished in dark red with a base coat -clear coat. We might consider a trade depending on the condition of your late model wing. My TC was a first place car at 2 different shows so condition of the wing is excellent - Would not want to trade out until after the season due to summer driving. \Which part of the country are you located. Carlyle Merritt
----- Original Message ----- From: Charles Hill candahill@worldnet.att.net> To: twilson@motionwear.net> Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 8:58 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Early Front Wings > Tom, > > You are not imagining things. You have an early left wing and a late > right wing. I have a '46 and a '49. When you compare the 2 cars, you > can see the difference in the wings. My '46 had the original wings, but > they are in such bad shape (especially the left one) that my body man > doesn't want to attempt to repair them. Its not so much the damage as > the previously attempted repairs have very badly streched the metal. If > you find a source for correct early fenders, let me know. I will let > you know if I find anything. > > Regards, > Charles Hill > twilson@motionwear.net wrote: > > > > TC0272 appears to have an unmatched pair of front wings. The drivers side > > has a sharp cutback while the passenger side is much softer and more > > rounded, with about 2" less cutback. > > I've heard that the cutbacks could be different on near and far side, but I > > wouldn't think it would be this much. Placing a straightedge across from > > the bottom to the outermost part and measuring the inset of the cutback - > > one is about 5.5", the passenger side about 3.5". > > > > Does it appear that I'm right? > > If so and I become crazy enough to want the correct wing(s) - where does one > > find an early wing (or have a proper one made)? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Tom Wilson > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > >