Early Front Wings

Gates Family

EARLY FRONT WINGS

Post by Gates Family » Fri Apr 20, 2001 1:56 pm

Poet Robert Herrick (1591 - 1674) perhaps had this type of imperfection in mind when he wrote "Delight in Disorder":- [i]A sweet disorder in the dress[/i] [i]Kindles in clothes a wantonness:[/i] [i]A lawn about the shoulders thrown[/i] [i]Into a fine distraction:[/i] [i]An erring lace, which here and there[/i] [i]Enthrals the crimson stomacher:[/i] [i]A cuff neglectful, and thereby[/i] [i]Ribbands to flow confusedly:[/i] [i]A winning wave, deserving note,[/i] [i]In the tempestuous petticoat:[/i] [i]A careless shoestring, in whose tie[/i] [i]I see a wild civility:[/i] [i]Do more bewitch me than when art[/i] [i]Is too precise in every part.[/i] So my dear Gladys (TC 8675) and I get on famously! Regards Joe Gates TC 8675

joecurto@aol.com

Re: Early Front Wings

Post by joecurto@aol.com » Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:27 pm

I don't know about youse guys but I miss Badger. Curto

mrbadger

Re: EARLY FRONT WINGS

Post by mrbadger » Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:42 pm

Very well put! But will it be understood by those poor soles among us who are so preoccupied by the measuring and the improving and the perfecting that they will be blinded to the real beauty of our cars? I fear not.
> Gates Family wrote: > > Poet Robert Herrick (1591 - 1674) perhaps had this type of > imperfection in mind when he wrote "Delight in Disorder":- > > A sweet disorder in the dress > Kindles in clothes a wantonness: > A lawn about the shoulders thrown > Into a fine distraction: > An erring lace, which here and there > Enthrals the crimson stomacher: > A cuff neglectful, and thereby > Ribbands to flow confusedly: > A winning wave, deserving note, > In the tempestuous petticoat: > A careless shoestring, in whose tie > I see a wild civility: > Do more bewitch me than when art > Is too precise in every part. > > So my dear Gladys (TC 8675) and I get on famously! > > Regards > > Joe Gates > TC 8675 > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

mrbadger

Post by mrbadger » Fri Apr 20, 2001 2:52 pm

Fear not, I am right here. It seems to me that everybody with missmatched fenders should all get together, remove all their fenders, and throw them into a big pile. Then they could each pick out a set of matching fenders from the pile and all would be well. 'course it might make for some very interesting color combinations but ya can't have everything. Badger can solve any problem. joecurto@aol.com wrote:
> > I don't know about youse guys but I miss Badger. > > Curto > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Gates Family

Post by Gates Family » Fri Apr 20, 2001 3:04 pm

I honestly cannot say, except that I recall disussing with a friend (in my distant past of course) the effects of ageing. Commenting about our wrinkles round the eyes, I said - "those are laugh lines", to which my friend replied somewhat haughtily, "life is not that funny!". So, "honi soit qui maly pens" -"evil be to he who thinks evil of it" and let the good times ( and chassis/s/es - hell, how do you spell that in the plural!!) roll! Joe -----Original Message----- From: mrbadger mrbadger@home.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Date: 20 April 2001 11:41 Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] EARLY FRONT WINGS
>Very well put! But will it be understood by those poor soles among us >who are so preoccupied by the measuring and the improving and the >perfecting that they will be blinded to the real beauty of our cars? >I fear not. > >> Gates Family wrote: >> >> Poet Robert Herrick (1591 - 1674) perhaps had this type of >> imperfection in mind when he wrote "Delight in Disorder":- >> >> A sweet disorder in the dress >> Kindles in clothes a wantonness: >> A lawn about the shoulders thrown >> Into a fine distraction: >> An erring lace, which here and there >> Enthrals the crimson stomacher: >> A cuff neglectful, and thereby >> Ribbands to flow confusedly: >> A winning wave, deserving note, >> In the tempestuous petticoat: >> A careless shoestring, in whose tie >> I see a wild civility: >> Do more bewitch me than when art >> Is too precise in every part. >> >> So my dear Gladys (TC 8675) and I get on famously! >> >> Regards >> >> Joe Gates >> TC 8675 >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

twilson@motionwear.net

Post by twilson@motionwear.net » Fri Apr 20, 2001 3:05 pm

The irony of this entire thread is that my Black TC5476 had the same problem as 0272 - only in reverse. If I'd been perceptive enough to see it back when and perverse enough to do it, I could have swapped them and had two almost matching sets. The car's the thing. I still like Sherrell's quote - polish it 'til it gleams, drive it 'til it smokes. Tom Wilson Motionwear Inc. 1315 Sunday Drive Indianapolis, IN 46217 Office (317) 780-0609 Fax (317) 780-4188 -----Original Message----- From: mrbadger [mailto:mrbadger@home.com] Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 4:50 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Early Front Wings Fear not, I am right here. It seems to me that everybody with missmatched fenders should all get together, remove all their fenders, and throw them into a big pile. Then they could each pick out a set of matching fenders from the pile and all would be well. 'course it might make for some very interesting color combinations but ya can't have everything. Badger can solve any problem. joecurto@aol.com wrote:
> > I don't know about youse guys but I miss Badger. > > Curto > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Paul Huck

Post by Paul Huck » Fri Apr 20, 2001 5:12 pm

Are you saying the difference in front wings is due to aging? I just remounted my front fog light after a 'bump' broke the bracket. I noticed the FR shock arms were not connected, and used a bottle jack and C-clamp to maneuver them back together. I was out earlier today, and a pick-up truck passed me in the left lane (we have a lot of pickups in Alabama). It always amuses me when the passengers goes by me, leaning way out of the window, looking back at my car. As soon as he gets a good look at the front suspension, and confirms it is not a VW kit, he turns to the driver and I can read his lips from 100 feet away: "And it is a real one too" . They confidently motor off into the world. I chuckle every time that happens. PTH
----- Original Message ----- From: Gates Family janus@iafrica.com> To: mrbadger mrbadger@home.com>; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 5:08 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] EARLY FRONT WINGS > I honestly cannot say, except that I recall disussing with a friend (in my > distant past of course) the effects of ageing. Commenting about our > wrinkles round the eyes, I said - "those are laugh lines", to which my > friend replied somewhat haughtily, "life is not that funny!". So, "honi > soit qui maly pens" -"evil be to he who thinks evil of it" and let the good > times ( and chassis/s/es - hell, how do you spell that in the plural!!) > roll! > > Joe > -----Original Message----- > From: mrbadger mrbadger@home.com> > To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> > Date: 20 April 2001 11:41 > Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] EARLY FRONT WINGS > > > >Very well put! But will it be understood by those poor soles among us > >who are so preoccupied by the measuring and the improving and the > >perfecting that they will be blinded to the real beauty of our cars? > >I fear not. > > > >> Gates Family wrote: > >> > >> Poet Robert Herrick (1591 - 1674) perhaps had this type of > >> imperfection in mind when he wrote "Delight in Disorder":- > >> > >> A sweet disorder in the dress > >> Kindles in clothes a wantonness: > >> A lawn about the shoulders thrown > >> Into a fine distraction: > >> An erring lace, which here and there > >> Enthrals the crimson stomacher: > >> A cuff neglectful, and thereby > >> Ribbands to flow confusedly: > >> A winning wave, deserving note, > >> In the tempestuous petticoat: > >> A careless shoestring, in whose tie > >> I see a wild civility: > >> Do more bewitch me than when art > >> Is too precise in every part. > >> > >> So my dear Gladys (TC 8675) and I get on famously! > >> > >> Regards > >> > >> Joe Gates > >> TC 8675 > >> > >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

Andrew Bradley

Post by Andrew Bradley » Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:23 pm

I just wanted everyone to remember, nay, keep it in your mind at all times that... Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Pretty humbling, if you ask me. So there....;^D Cheers...Andy

C Sherriff

Post by C Sherriff » Sat Apr 21, 2001 12:11 am

Message text written by mrbadger
>Fear not, I am right here.
It seems to me that everybody with missmatched fenders should all get together, remove all their fenders, and throw them into a big pile.

mrbadger

Post by mrbadger » Sat Apr 21, 2001 4:26 am

I didn't see where Big Brother had any problems with poetry. What's your point Mr. B.? Badger Andrew Bradley wrote:
> > I just wanted everyone to remember, nay, keep it in your mind at all > times that... > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > Pretty humbling, if you ask me. > > So there....;^D > > Cheers...Andy > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/