helmet study

DSN_KLR650
cycletip

need help

Post by cycletip » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:46 am

Any chance this could be "doohicky" related?  Not sure there would be any potential effect on oil level.  Just wondering since all was good then suddenly went south.  

skypilot110

need help

Post by skypilot110 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:18 pm

My dohicky is done. So far I have found that the oil was 1.5 qts low, not enough to kill the engine but enough not to show on the sight glass. I will get the tank off this week and do a compression test.
 If it fails then I will drop the engine and get it on the bench in the basement first with a probable outcome of going 685cc and rebuilt ported head. If I have to open it up then I am going to play while I am in there.
If it does not look like a valve issue then I need to do some other investigation.
Down to one bike for the winter I guess, crud
Chris

Yahoo

need help

Post by Yahoo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:02 pm

I wasn't sure it was possible to do a compression test on the KLR due to the auto compression release until I saw this http://www.klrforum.com/2008-klr650-wrenching-mod-questions/21545-compression-release.html Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 17, 2015, at 4:18 PM, "christopher.eckert@... [DSN_KLR650]" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  My dohicky is done. So far I have found that the oil was 1.5 qts low, not enough to kill the engine but enough not to show on the sight glass. I will get the tank off this week and do a compression test.  If it fails then I will drop the engine and get it on the bench in the basement first with a probable outcome of going 685cc and rebuilt ported head. If I have to open it up then I am going to play while I am in there. If it does not look like a valve issue then I need to do some other investigation. Down to one bike for the winter I guess, crud Chris