harleys

DSN_KLR650
Tengai Mark Van Horn

arrowhead motorsport falsely accused

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:22 am

At 8:47 AM -0600 7/20/09, Fred Hink wrote:
>You can't search for Arrowhead since I have been blacklisted and banned. >If you see a bunch of stars **** that would be me. > >Here are a couple of many pages....... >http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46864
Wow... I had no idea that this had been brewing for over a year! And as I stated before... I thought y'all (You, Mike, Tim, Elden & Co., etc.) were all one big happy family. Weird. Mark

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 am

Fred wrote: You can't search for Arrowhead since I have been blacklisted and banned. If you see a bunch of stars **** that would be me. Just like most ratings.....On a scale of one to four, four being excellant, Fred and Arrowhead gets a rating of four stars. Kathleen Owner of Jakes Doohicky...still not installed???? [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:53 am

OMG! And your KLR hasn't imploded by this time? HA Talk about a blast from the past. How the heck are you Kath? You were around when all this was going on. What do you remember of the Doohickey development? Fred
----- Original Message ----- From: Kathleen To: 'klr' Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:20 AM Subject: RE: [DSN_KLR650] Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused Fred wrote: You can't search for Arrowhead since I have been blacklisted and banned. If you see a bunch of stars **** that would be me. Just like most ratings.....On a scale of one to four, four being excellant, Fred and Arrowhead gets a rating of four stars. Kathleen Owner of Jakes Doohicky...still not installed???? [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

clmccoy1

Post by clmccoy1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:07 am

Is this true? "Fred and Mike have split their ways and Fred has bounced MIke from the DSN list. But he also bounced other vendors as well." CM
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > > You can't search for Arrowhead since I have been blacklisted and banned. > If you see a bunch of stars **** that would be me. > > Here are a couple of many pages....... > http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46864 > http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67812 > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Horton Oliphant > To: klr > Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:29 AM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused > > > I don't regularly follow klr650.net because I don't like the format as > well as this list. I find topics hard to find at klr650.net which is as > much my problem as their's. That said I spent some time on .net and > never did find the discussion that is referred to in this thread. > Anybody help me out? Alan Henderson A13 Iowa > > Fred Hink wrote: > > The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a > > situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has > > been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >

Kurt Grife

Post by Kurt Grife » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 am

Since my name was mentioned I'll describe how I recall all these events. Mark is correct in that when Elden helped me with my engine failure in 2000 there was no aftermarket Doo. Jake did the first ones that I know of and one still resides in my bike after all these years. Mike got involved when a guy named Bill Rose paid the tooling costs to have Mike produce his version of the Doo which Bill was then going to market. As I understand it, Bill lost interest and Mike bought back the tooling charges and started producing them as he does to this day. Jake was quite upset about all this referring to it as the "MeTooHickey." I never met Jake in person but had some phone conversations with him and found him to be helpful. Likewise, I have never met Mike in person but have talked with him a number of times and have used his parts and recommended them to others. Also, from time to time patents and copyrights are mentioned about this product. As I understand patent law, a device must perform a new or different function to be patentable, not just a stronger version of an existing item.
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote: > > At 8:11 AM -0600 7/20/09, Fred Hink wrote: > >The way I remember the development of the Doohickey, it was Elden > >Carl that hired Eagle Mike to make him a few of these levers for his > >KLRs in the late 1990s. ... > >Elden at the time wasn't interested in making these levers for the public. > > That's the first I've ever heard of that one. I know that Elden was > alarmed and aware of the problem, but I don't think he ever had a > "one-of" or short-run made for himself by anyone. > > >I believe Elden Carl also worked on the balancer system on list > >member Kurt Grife's KLR in about 2000. You can search on this site > >and find the origination of the Doohickey. > > Fortunately, I've kept just about every email of significance since Jan.1997. > Kurt's bike imploded in June 2000, and was back on line in Aug. 2000. > In the process, nowhere was it mentioned that Elden had any sort of > custom replacement lever either for Kurt or himself. > > Mark >

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:42 am

Don't believe everything you read on that other site. The answer is no this is not true. I was banned on the .net site by a moderator. Mike is a moderator on that site. Since I was banned for no good reason, I banned Mike from this site. He tells me that it wasn't him that banned me and so I reinstated him on this site. So just about the only other person that would ban me there must have been the owner. Glenn is not welcome here anymore. Mike is a list member and is welcome to the same privileges as anyone else here. I have no idea what "other vendors" that person is referring to. If you follow the paper trail this person is a friend of Mike's listed on his Julian tech day web site. So take that for what it's worth. Fred
----- Original Message ----- From: clmccoy1 To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:02 AM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused Is this true? "Fred and Mike have split their ways and Fred has bounced MIke from the DSN list. But he also bounced other vendors as well." CM --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > > You can't search for Arrowhead since I have been blacklisted and banned. > If you see a bunch of stars **** that would be me. > > Here are a couple of many pages....... > http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46864 > http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67812 > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Horton Oliphant > To: klr > Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:29 AM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused > > > I don't regularly follow klr650.net because I don't like the format as > well as this list. I find topics hard to find at klr650.net which is as > much my problem as their's. That said I spent some time on .net and > never did find the discussion that is referred to in this thread. > Anybody help me out? Alan Henderson A13 Iowa > > Fred Hink wrote: > > The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a > > situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has > > been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am

Sorry Kurt, I knew it was someone other than Jake that was in the beginning of this part. I have bought parts from Bill Rose and he did say he wasn't interested in selling to the public. I have an email into Elden Carl to see what he remembers from those times. If you are in contact with him, see what you can find out. Fred
----- Original Message ----- From: Kurt Grife To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:54 AM Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused Since my name was mentioned I'll describe how I recall all these events. Mark is correct in that when Elden helped me with my engine failure in 2000 there was no aftermarket Doo. Jake did the first ones that I know of and one still resides in my bike after all these years. Mike got involved when a guy named Bill Rose paid the tooling costs to have Mike produce his version of the Doo which Bill was then going to market. As I understand it, Bill lost interest and Mike bought back the tooling charges and started producing them as he does to this day. Jake was quite upset about all this referring to it as the "MeTooHickey." I never met Jake in person but had some phone conversations with him and found him to be helpful. Likewise, I have never met Mike in person but have talked with him a number of times and have used his parts and recommended them to others. Also, from time to time patents and copyrights are mentioned about this product. As I understand patent law, a device must perform a new or different function to be patentable, not just a stronger version of an existing item. --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote: > > At 8:11 AM -0600 7/20/09, Fred Hink wrote: > >The way I remember the development of the Doohickey, it was Elden > >Carl that hired Eagle Mike to make him a few of these levers for his > >KLRs in the late 1990s. ... > >Elden at the time wasn't interested in making these levers for the public. > > That's the first I've ever heard of that one. I know that Elden was > alarmed and aware of the problem, but I don't think he ever had a > "one-of" or short-run made for himself by anyone. > > >I believe Elden Carl also worked on the balancer system on list > >member Kurt Grife's KLR in about 2000. You can search on this site > >and find the origination of the Doohickey. > > Fortunately, I've kept just about every email of significance since Jan.1997. > Kurt's bike imploded in June 2000, and was back on line in Aug. 2000. > In the process, nowhere was it mentioned that Elden had any sort of > custom replacement lever either for Kurt or himself. > > Mark > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

clmccoy1

Post by clmccoy1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

Just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth Fred. I expected that to be the answer. But personally, I wouldn't sink to the little dictator's level by banning him here. It just allows him say "See I told you so" over on .net where you can't defend yourself. And the sheep will take whatever he spews as gospel. Casey
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > > Don't believe everything you read on that other site. The answer is no this is not true. > > I was banned on the .net site by a moderator. Mike is a moderator on that site. Since I was banned for no good reason, I banned Mike from this site. He tells me that it wasn't him that banned me and so I reinstated him on this site. So just about the only other person that would ban me there must have been the owner. Glenn is not welcome here anymore. Mike is a list member and is welcome to the same privileges as anyone else here. I have no idea what "other vendors" that person is referring to. If you follow the paper trail this person is a friend of Mike's listed on his Julian tech day web site. So take that for what it's worth. > > Fred > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: clmccoy1 > To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:02 AM > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused > > > Is this true? > > "Fred and Mike have split their ways and Fred has bounced MIke from the DSN list. But he also bounced other vendors as well." > > CM > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hink" wrote: > > > > You can't search for Arrowhead since I have been blacklisted and banned. > > If you see a bunch of stars **** that would be me. > > > > Here are a couple of many pages....... > > http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46864 > > http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67812 > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: Horton Oliphant > > To: klr > > Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:29 AM > > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused > > > > > > I don't regularly follow klr650.net because I don't like the format as > > well as this list. I find topics hard to find at klr650.net which is as > > much my problem as their's. That said I spent some time on .net and > > never did find the discussion that is referred to in this thread. > > Anybody help me out? Alan Henderson A13 Iowa > > > > Fred Hink wrote: > > > The owner of the KLR650.net site and Eagle Mike have created a > > > situation on that other site that is totally bogus. My business has > > > been accused of selling copied Doohickey Parts. This started over a > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >

dooden

Post by dooden » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Baaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaa Dooden ( Follower of Fred's Herd ) A15 Green Ape Fred is my Shepard
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "clmccoy1" wrote: > > Just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth Fred. I expected that to be the answer. But personally, I wouldn't sink to the little dictator's level by banning him here. It just allows him say "See I told you so" over on .net where you can't defend yourself. And the sheep will take whatever he spews as gospel. > > Casey SNIP SNIP SNIP

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:26 pm

OMG! And your KLR hasn't imploded by this time? HA Talk about a blast from the past. How the heck are you Kath? You were around when all this was going on. What do you remember of the Doohickey development? Fred Don't remember too many of the particulars other than Jake felt that his doohickey was being copied and was quite upset about it. If you knew Jake, he wasn't always known for his tact. Things got smoothed over, but I believe that Jake felt a little bit betrayed by the list in general. As to the KLR not imploding......I didn't ride it. Just know cleaned it up and have started back riding. Going to keep the KLR and sell my first love...the Yamaha TDM. Know anyone East of Dallas that would be willing to help install the doohickey. Or should I keep it as an antique ha. I also have "Jakes Nut" still in the packet. Kathleen [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]