harleys

DSN_KLR650
Tumu Rock

arrowhead motorsport falsely accused

Post by Tumu Rock » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:54 pm

> Know anyone East of Dallas that would be willing to > help install the doohickey. Or should I keep it as an antique ha. I also have "Jakes Nut" still in the packet. > Kathleen >
I'm "east of Dallas" but it's a bit of a drive. ;') And wasn't it marketed as "Jake's Left nut"... nice of you to keep it in the sack all these years. I was fortunate enough to meet Jake before he passed and, as noted, while not known for tact, he was a man of his word. I've also met Fred and can say he too is a man of his word. As far as vendors that have been banned from this list, I know there is a list rule about not posting as a vendor unless it is specifically sent to the list on a Friday with NKLR, Vendor Friday in the subject line. I've never bothered to go to the .net site personally because I've been hanging around with this list since before it went Yahoo! I've never met Mike or Glenn and therefore will not make any comments or judgements on them. da Vermonster (Also have a Jake Doohickey and was present when Devon installed the first one on his bike)

Matthew Howton

Post by Matthew Howton » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Fred, I got off the phone with you this early afternoon just a little bit ago. I told you I would publicly support you. Well here it is. I have purchased from you and never had a problem as many others have also. I will continue to purchase from you and tell other people about the great products and support that you give. I had a tech day at my home yesterday and everyone there said nothing but good and nice things about you. Is sad that we have to get to this point but I wanted to tell you I am a man of my word. I wish you the best in your adventures and to remember this is a positive learning experience no matter how tough it becomes. Again, thank you for great products and service. Mr. Matt (Mountain Top PA) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

albatrossklr

Post by albatrossklr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi folks, A lot of words transpired while I was out riding. Happy riding, miles of smiles, and good business to both Fred & Mike......... albatross (remember the wind whistling through the visor)

V III

Post by V III » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:25 pm

The site still has Jake's email in there... My .02 cents on the current issue: In the little business I gave Fred (because my bike didn't last long enough to farkle it up), I praise his quick response to fill my order and get it on the mail ASAP. It seems to be the way he does things--right! Actions speak louder than words. It is foolish to argue with fools, so trying to explain to the other site's people will be useless (for those whose foot fits this shoe). I imagine you would have legal options, if you chose to pursue it. Good luck, and be happy! And thanks for your great service! Vlad ________________________________ From: Fred Hink To: Dooden ; Tengai Mark Van Horn Cc: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 7:11:55 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused The way I remember the development of the Doohickey, it was Elden Carl that hired Eagle Mike to make him a few of these levers for his KLRs in the late 1990s. I believe Elden Carl also worked on the balancer system on list member Kurt Grife's KLR in about 2000. You can search on this site and find the origination of the Doohickey. Elden at the time wasn't interested in making these levers for the public. There was significant discussion about the balancer issues on this site back then. I offered to Jake Jakeman that he should get a computer/web site and make this part since I felt at the time there was a good market for this part. Jake was selling basically nuts and bolts back then. I made Jake his first web site for him which can be seen at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/sagebrush_machine.html Jake made enough and brought enough attention to this part that it became known as the Doohickey. After this part became widely known by Jake was when Eagle Mike started making his for sale. There have been a few others that have made their version of the Doohickey but I don't hear much about them any longer. Fred
----- Original Message ----- From: Tengai Mark Van Horn To: Dooden Cc: DSN_KLR650@yahoogro ups.com Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:45 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Arrowhead Motorsport falsely accused nklr At 12:07 PM +0000 7/20/09, Dooden wrote: >The DooHickey in my bike has been there many years, >(Anybody remember Jake ?) Well I believe he told me my Doohickey was >part of his first or second batch that he machined out. This has >been quite a few years back 2003 maybe. > >So who actually machined and started to make Doohickeys in the first place ? I was the force behind the original "Doohickey," which was made by Jake. Jake had been previously been known for making other KLR-related small parts and accessories. As his webmaster, I had presented him with the idea of making this part, and prodded him for a couple weeks on its marketability. Development started in Jan. '02, with the final prototype rolling of the press on 3/22/02. The first batch of 8 Doohickeys shipped on 4/2/02. They sold for $20. After a needed minor modification to the first run was discovered by Devon Jarvis and following the next few batches, the price was adjusted to $26. In July, '02, replacement springs were offered, followed by magneto rotor tools in September. Mark [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

legarretapol

Post by legarretapol » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm

well I don't post ofenly here but I check the post,the klr650 forum problem is not the forum is the owner ( a mix of red neck and hill billy no offense to other), the member are real cool that can help and response to your post's mike is a real help full person, I have buy tings from fred and have no problem( and one of my some many vendors)with that, and talk with mike a nice person, and that other think is that you can't not post noting from another site, so wares is the klr community on that, klr is been all arrow n the word but con not share pos from one site to the other in the web, well that is my 2c, sorry for my English but my Spanish is well you now. p.s if I have offended some one with mi comment of the red neck or hill billy well sorry

Jud Jones

Post by Jud Jones » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Dooden" wrote:
> So who actually machined and started to make Doohickeys in the first place ? >
If anybody ever cared about the answer to that, the controversy died with Jake. All I know is that when I first got my KLR, I had already heard a little about the balancer quadrant issue, and the only place I could get one was from Jake, who came to refer to Mike's version as the "me-too-hickey".

Tengai Mark Van Horn

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:04 pm

At 7:53 PM +0000 7/20/09, Tumu Rock wrote:
>And wasn't it marketed as "Jake's Left nut"... nice of you to keep >it in the sack all these years.
Wrong side. An excerpt from the past.... At 7:34 PM -0700 1/30/02, Jake Jakeman wrote: Leave it to (Walt) Lesnowich: he's named it "Jakes Right Nut". Genius! Mark

l walker

harleys

Post by l walker » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:58 am

well, all of the harley riders do not want loud pipes. some are working guys that happen to like the bikes from days gone by. and some of the ride KLRs too. you got .. i ride both brands and ride with anyone that wants to ride. and yes I acknowledge any rider that happens by. but in order to get flamed... how about them BMW riders... there you have it