water pump

DSN_KLR650
dooden

questioning the use of ear plugs

Post by dooden » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:22 pm

WHAT ? Dooden A15 Green Ape
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "blocloc" wrote: > > As one who has lost a significant range of hearing I look back on the jet > engines, pistol shooting, riding since l950, machine shop work and marvel at > the excuses for absence of ear protection. How many excuses are there for > being deaf or hearing impared? Best, Bill > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "jjonz" > To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 6:08 PM > Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re:Questioning the use of ear plugs > > > >I can't recall the study but it was summarized in Motorcycle Consumer News > > a few years back. The study found that ear plugs improved your hearing at > > speeds above 30 mph because of the masking effect of wind noise on other > > sounds. The ear plugs reduce the loudest sound frequencies of wind > > noise more than the sounds of sirens, horns, etc. So you actually hear > > those other > > sounds better above 30 mph with earplugs in. Not to mention the fact > > that you'll still be able > > to hear several years from now. > > > > Jeff Jones > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com > > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Member Map at: http://www.frappr.com/dsnklr650 > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > >

David Critchley

questioning the use of ear plugs

Post by David Critchley » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:23 pm

In Canada the yellow cylindrical foam plugs are about $2.95 for two pair at Chinadian Tyre. The identical ones are about $17 for a box of 200 pair at Acklands. Don't leave home without them. FYI DC John Kokola wrote:
>I would compare the wearing of earplugs on a bike (noisy environment) to >the wearing of sunglasses or a tinted shield on a bright sunny day. > > > > >

kennethhenton

water pump

Post by kennethhenton » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:59 am

I replaced the seals in my '99 a few weeks ago. It had begun to weep a little. I replaced the oil seal, mechanical seal and the o ring in the impeller. I had to clean up the shaft just slightly with steel wool, oiled the new seals liberally and was very careful when putting the clutch cover on to avoid damaging the oil seal. Rotated the impeller in the direction of the threads on the shaft as I put it on. All is good. No leaks. Ken