frozen swing arm bolt -- part 2

DSN_KLR650
John Kokola

nklr kawasaki klv1000

Post by John Kokola » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:39 am

That Omni is right up there, to be honest. --John Kokola
> -----Original Message----- > From: james [mailto:yj110495@...] > > I had a Dodge Omni 1981 that had a VW 1.8 and a 5 speed in it. > Ran terrific.
> What is the oddest combination you have seen/owned/heard of?

Guillaume McDowell

nklr kawasaki klv1000

Post by Guillaume McDowell » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:20 am

I thought it was standard procedure for Chrysler to use VW trannies in its manual transmission cars. That must be why they are so free of the problems that plague their automatics. I suspect the neon has a VW 5 speed. -GFM
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:45:55 -0400, John Kokola wrote: > > That Omni is right up there, to be honest. > > > > --John Kokola > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: james [mailto:yj110495@...] > > > > I had a Dodge Omni 1981 that had a VW 1.8 and a 5 speed in it. > > Ran terrific. > > > > > What is the oddest combination you have seen/owned/heard of? > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > >

James

nklr kawasaki klv1000

Post by James » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:05 pm

I think you are correct. I think it is a Getrag 5 speed. Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Guillaume McDowell" To: "John Kokola" Cc: dsn_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 4:20 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: nklr Kawasaki KLV1000 > > I thought it was standard procedure for Chrysler to use VW trannies in > its manual transmission cars. That must be why they are so free of > the problems that plague their automatics. I suspect the neon has a > VW 5 speed. > -GFM > > > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:45:55 -0400, John Kokola wrote: > > > > That Omni is right up there, to be honest. > > > > > > > > --John Kokola > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: james [mailto:yj110495@...] > > > > > > I had a Dodge Omni 1981 that had a VW 1.8 and a 5 speed in it. > > > Ran terrific. > > > > > > > > > What is the oddest combination you have seen/owned/heard of? > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

Ben

nklr kawasaki klv1000

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:19 am

wierdest i ever heard of??/ probably the aprilla bmw deal.. i mean.. bmw has a lot of reputation to put on the table. the best psudeo factory deal was the 2.6 caravan.. but swap the 2.6 caravan for a twin turbo 2.6 starrion. smokin..
--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "james" wrote: > I had a Dodge Omni 1981 that had a VW 1.8 and a 5 speed in it. Ran terrific. > Unibody rusted away. My brother had a Dodge Caravan that had the Mitsubishi > 2.6. Got it for 5.00 at a dealership that had one of those tag sales. If you > picked the right tag, you got a car for 5.00!. The carbs in those though > were junk. > What is the oddest combination you have seen/owned/heard of? > > Jim > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Eric L. Green" > To: "Randy Shultz" > Cc: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 11:56 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: nklr Kawasaki KLV1000 > > > > > > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Randy Shultz wrote: > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Eric L. Green" > > > wrote: > > > > On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, BEN wrote: > > > > > > > Yes, it is a bizarre agreement. I think that only two Japanese > > > motorcycle > > > > companies under pressure from the Japanese government to remain > > > solvent > > > > could have entered into such an agreement, which appears to be > > > > > Joint agreements like this aren't bizarre at all. American car > > > companies do this with foreign companies fairly regularly. When you > > > > Not exactly. I've never seen two American auto companies enter into a > > marketing agreement like this. I don't think it'd be possible even if we > > were in the situation where we were in the mid 1970's, where there were > > four American car companies (AMC, Chrysler, GM, Ford). If, say, AMC and > > Chrysler (the two weakest car companies at the time) had entered into a > > joint development agreement where, say, Chrysler provided their car and > > truck products to AMC in exchange for AMC allowing them to market Jeep > > products rebadged as Dodge products, you would have heard screaming from > > the lawyers from the other two car companies almost immediately about > > "anti-competitive activities" and "anti-trust" and what have you. > > > > Where American companies DO make such deals with foreign car companies, it > > is generally in exchange for an ownership share. For example, General > > Motors owns Volvo and owns a sizable portion of Subaru (Fuji Heavy > > Industries, rather). So they have no problem doing cross marketing there, > > selling rebadged Subarus as Volvos, etc. General Motors sold rebadged > > Toyota Corollas for many years as the Geo/Chevy Prizm, but that was in > > exchange for ownership share in Toyota's Fremont auto plant (which had > > been a GM auto plant that was being closed, but which was essentially sold > > to Toyota for producing the Corolla) so that GM could steal Toyota's > > production technologies legally. Similarly, GM markets some Suzuki > > automotive products, but they also have a sizable ownership stake in > > Suzuki. Similarly, Chrysler in the past marketed a number of Mitsubishi > > products, but in turn had an ownership share in Mitsubishi. (This > > relationship seems to have fallen onto hard times since the Germans took > > over Chrysler, though... the Germans seem even more resistant to joint > > ventures than the Americans, though Porsche and VW have had some joint > > ventures in the past, such as the 914 being powered by a VW motor, and of > > course the joint Porsche/VW SUV). > > > > A straight rebadging agreement like the one between Kawasaki and Suzuki, > > without any kind of ownership share... the only similar agreement I can > > think of in recent times is the one between Porsche and VW for their SUV, > > and that's limited to a single product with no guarantee of any future > > cooperation. I truly believe that, from a cultural point of view if not > > from a legal point of view, the Kawasaki/Suzuki relationship is uniquely > > Japanese, and could not recur anywhere else. > > > > Finally, regarding Kawasaki's other businesses: They would not have > > stopped Kawasaki from shutting down its motorcycle division if sales had > > continued to sag, any more than Fuji Heavy Industry's other businesses > > would have stopped them from shutting down the Subaru car business if > > sales had continued to sag. The Japanese government set up a joint > > agreement between Subaru and Nissan whereby Subaru could dip into the > > Nissan parts bin (the mirrors on a Subaru I owned in the late 90's was > > made by Nissan -- said so on the bottom -- and undoubtedly other parts > > were also), then set up the agreement with GM to gain access to the GM > > parts bin as well as investment by GM to solve their cash flow problems. > > Add in some quirky ads starring Paul Hogan and Martina Navaratalova, and > > you end up with a resurgence in sales and rebadged Subarus being sold as > > Volvos. The Japanese government is reluctant to let *any* industrial > > subsidiaries fail, no matter how small a part of the parent company's > > business, and the Kawasaki/Suzuki deal bears all the handprints of > > Japanese governmental interference -- especially when you consider that > > for a while Suzuki was seriously thinking about getting out of the > > motorcycle business to concentrate on cars. > > > > -E > > > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Trent James

frozen swing arm bolt -- part 2

Post by Trent James » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:03 am

I apologize for sending my last message without so much performing a spell check or signing my name. I would sincerely appreciate your help in removing my frozen swing bolt. Thank you, Trent James San Diego (A-3) --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]