thanks for advice and new owner

DSN_KLR650
monahanwb

nklr - cleaning the group

Post by monahanwb » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:34 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, George Basinet wrote:
> Good morning, > > > Three men, one American, one Frenchman and a Canadian were
sitting naked
> > in a sauna. Suddenly there was a beeping sound.
George, good one.

aregata4x4

Post by aregata4x4 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:41 am

> > So, no more funny "jokes" about the French or I will make
funny "jokes" about
> the Americans! ;-) > > /Jim >
Who said I was joking?! James, you need to loosen up from time to time. Trust me, jokes are made about everybody, including my people, but do I care? No. Joke is a joke, today is about you, tomorrow will be about me. Anger will not solve anything; we have to learn how to laugh from ourselves. But I respect your request, no more jokes about French. (Maybe Americans, or Germans, or Mexicans, or better yet Polish) Just kidding! Regards, Arek

imperial-4776@webtv.net

Post by imperial-4776@webtv.net » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:52 am

People that have HARRY POTTER posters on their walls, should be cleansed from the group too. I insist, really I do. Dave Salem

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:05 pm

> People that have HARRY POTTER posters on their walls, should be cleansed > from the group too. > > I insist, really I do. > > Dave > Salem >
I also hate that wise-ass adolescent. Besides, I can't pronounce those Saxon ? names and my 7 year old corrects me constantly when we read together. ( He chooses the books ) Very annoying. Bogdan

Glen Mills

Post by Glen Mills » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:25 pm

I am really sick of all of the politics and the ethnic slurs and the lack of motorcycle discussion on this list. I think we should all agree to knock it off right this minute! But I am still in favor of any "joke", letter, movie, poem, song, humor, picture, message, letter, cartoon, drawing, e-mail, IM, telegraph, smoke signal, etc... that makes fun of the French for what they have become (arrogant, hypocritical, American resenting, National Front electing, Nazi collaborating, anti-semites with a talent for making great food & wine and surrendering to and collaborating with the Germans) I love French jokes! I also like jokes about Americans being fat, lazy, ignorant, stupid, arrogant, whatever. As long as it is funny it doesn't bother me, this is still the greatest country on earth at any time in history. I also enjoy jokes about my Canadian, English and Irish ancestors (please continue sharing those, especially the Canadian jokes for my Canuck wife). Oh hell, forget what I said. As long as you don't say Americans are like the French (those are fighting words and are simply inexcusable) and as long as you aren't some kind of Nazi or member of any other violent, screwball anti-whatever group then say whatever you want. P.S. I thought most adult members of the EU knew that the English and Americans had a little something to do with defeating the Kaiser and helping them win their freedom and rebuild after WWII. I guess the history books must be a little different over there. ("American" replaced with "French"?) James Hoving , MISSING_MAILBOX_TERMINATOR@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:Not really a bad day, its just that its gets a bit much listening to constant "jokes" about the French. The same "jokes" would not be tolerated about the Americans, Brits or anyother country/people. Most adult citizens of the EU know that we have the French to thank for our freedom. (Well, I guess the Germans curse the French) Without them we would probably have had a kaiser when WWI ended...and WWII would never have happened. So, no more funny "jokes" about the French or I will make funny "jokes" about the Americans! ;-) /Jim
On Wednesday 09 April 2003 22:30, aregata4x4 wrote: > Ouch! > You are hurting me James! > Having a bad day? > Did somebody stop loving you, or maybe you are ? > Either way, I know that you are sorry for jumping on me like that and > I forgive you. Don't worry James! All is good! > Keep on KLR-ing > > Arek > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, James Hoving wrote: > > Well, its still the official US view. Its _not_ the view in > > the "new" > > > Europe. > > > > If you guys want to put the bikes a side and rather talk politics > > and > > > toss racial/ethnic slurs around, we should clear that with rest of > > the > > > list first. > > > > /Jim > > > > Bogdan Swider wrote: > > >>Quit pushing the official US view of the French here. This is > > about > > > >>bikes. > > >> > > >>/Jim > > > > > > No, not the official US view - in this case. Unlike yourself ( > > >maybe ? ) Arek hails from the "new" Europe. > > > > > > Bogdan > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by > sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Stu

Post by Stu » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:01 pm

Can we still pick on other species? Q. What's the difference between a door and a sheep? A. You can't bang a door in the middle of a field. Cheers CA Stu --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Glen Mills wrote:
> I am really sick of all of the politics and the ethnic slurs and
the lack of motorcycle discussion on this list. SNIP MANIFESTO

James Hoving

Post by James Hoving » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:39 pm

Eh? Did you even read my post? /Jim
On Friday 11 April 2003 20:25, Glen Mills wrote: > I am really sick of all of the politics and the ethnic slurs and the lack > of motorcycle discussion on this list. I think we should all agree to > knock it off right this minute! But I am still in favor of any "joke", > letter, movie, poem, song, humor, picture, message, letter, cartoon, > drawing, e-mail, IM, telegraph, smoke signal, etc... that makes fun of the > French for what they have become (arrogant, hypocritical, American > resenting, National Front electing, Nazi collaborating, anti-semites with a > talent for making great food & wine and surrendering to and collaborating > with the Germans) I love French jokes! I also like jokes about Americans > being fat, lazy, ignorant, stupid, arrogant, whatever. As long as it is > funny it doesn't bother me, this is still the greatest country on earth at > any time in history. I also enjoy jokes about my Canadian, English and > Irish ancestors (please continue sharing those, especially the Canadian > jokes for my Canuck wife). Oh hell, forget what I said. As long as you > don't say Americans are like the French (those are fighting words and are > simply inexcusable) and as long as you aren't some kind of Nazi or member > of any other violent, screwball anti-whatever group then say whatever you > want. P.S. I thought most adult members of the EU knew that the English and > Americans had a little something to do with defeating the Kaiser and > helping them win their freedom and rebuild after WWII. I guess the history > books must be a little different over there. ("American" replaced with > "French"?) James Hoving , > MISSING_MAILBOX_TERMINATOR@.SYNTAX-ERROR. wrote:Not really a bad day, its > just that its gets a bit much listening to constant "jokes" about the > French. The same "jokes" would not be tolerated about the Americans, Brits > or anyother country/people. > > Most adult citizens of the EU know that we have the French to thank for our > freedom. (Well, I guess the Germans curse the French) Without them we would > probably have had a kaiser when WWI ended...and WWII would never have > happened. > > So, no more funny "jokes" about the French or I will make funny "jokes" > about the Americans! ;-) > > /Jim > > On Wednesday 09 April 2003 22:30, aregata4x4 wrote: > > Ouch! > > You are hurting me James! > > Having a bad day? > > Did somebody stop loving you, or maybe you are ? > > Either way, I know that you are sorry for jumping on me like that and > > I forgive you. Don't worry James! All is good! > > Keep on KLR-ing > > > > Arek > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, James Hoving wrote: > > > Well, its still the official US view. Its _not_ the view in > > > > the "new" > > > > > Europe. > > > > > > If you guys want to put the bikes a side and rather talk politics > > > > and > > > > > toss racial/ethnic slurs around, we should clear that with rest of > > > > the > > > > > list first. > > > > > > /Jim > > > > > > Bogdan Swider wrote: > > > >>Quit pushing the official US view of the French here. This is > > > > about > > > > > >>bikes. > > > >> > > > >>/Jim > > > > > > > > No, not the official US view - in this case. Unlike yourself ( > > > >maybe ? ) Arek hails from the "new" Europe. > > > > > > > > Bogdan > > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by > > sending a blank message to: > > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by > sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ > courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Unsubscribe by > sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

J. Simoneaux

Post by J. Simoneaux » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:12 pm

Good one! Joe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tengai Mark Van Horn" To: Cc: "Walt" ; "Stu" ; DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 11:52 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: NKLR - Cleaning the Group > Yup, I looked it up: > http://www.personal.psu.edu/mjv2/doohickeyjap.jpg > Mark > > At 4:27 PM +0200 4/11/03, James Hoving wrote: > >Well, the "real" name must be in Japanese. Maybe doohickey is Japanese for > >"LEVER,IDLER SHAFT"? ;-) > > List sponsored by Dual Sport News at www.dualsportnews.com. List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Unsubscribe by sending a blank message to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

D Critchley

Post by D Critchley » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:19 pm

You guys from Salem have a rather chequered history in regard to Witchcraft. Do my senses detect a repeat of history ? DC

imperial-4776@webtv.net

Post by imperial-4776@webtv.net » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:09 pm

Witchcraft ? ... hmmm, wrong Salem, you must be thinking east coast, here on the west side of things, we cherish women that go Bump In The Night :) Boo Dave