unsubscribe

DSN_KLR650
Devon Jarvis

returning motorcyclist crashes new harley in 10 seconds nklr

Post by Devon Jarvis » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:47 pm

I've been on both sides of this, rolling around back roads (on knobbies) and in no real hurry. I go out of my way to let faster traffic get past, especially bikes. But, I've had times where a couple of guys on hogs, in Siegfried'n'Roy matching outfits, were putting along a twisty road below the speed limit, side-by-side, intentionally not letting anyone pass them. I got by them anyway, there was one turn that had the line of sight to permit an outside pass. They kept slowing down for the corners! Devon A15 Sonny Bulla wrote:
> > "dooden" replies: > > > >Thats kinda funny... I think that HD rider whom attempted to loose > >me in the twistys last weekend, musta been pissed there was > >a "import" bike that looks like a big bug following him, > This isn't meant to be a personal attack but,... maybe, he was pissed > because he was trying to have a leisurely ride and was annoyed by you > buzzing around behind him like one of those pesky gnats that seem to find > my face everytime I try to work on my bike. ;-)

dooden

Post by dooden » Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:24 pm

Point taken, but no was'nt bothering him, just following, since it was a charity event poker ride, and I did'nt know that leg of the route. Paintball guns would be nice for pesty riders like that however. Dooden
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., Sonny Bulla wrote: > "dooden" replies: > > > >Thats kinda funny... I think that HD rider whom attempted to loose > >me in the twistys last weekend, musta been pissed there was > >a "import" bike that looks like a big bug following him, that prob. > >cost less than all the HD gear he and his wife were wearing. > > This isn't meant to be a personal attack but,... maybe, he was pissed > because he was trying to have a leisurely ride and was annoyed by you > buzzing around behind him like one of those pesky gnats that seem to find > my face everytime I try to work on my bike. ;-) > > This reasoning comes from personal experience. When I used to ride my >

don_detloff

Post by don_detloff » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:46 pm

Here's an update on the latest adventures of our former Harley rider. Man Tries to Bungee on to Ship - Misses 10/02 A man was charged with criminal mischief on Monday after he attempted, unsuccessfully, to bungee jump from a Vancouver bridge to the deck of a passing cruise ship. William Dean Sullivan miscalculated the ship's speed and suffered minor head injuries on Sunday when he bounced off its tennis court, volleyball net and a deck railing, before being left dangling in mid- air as the ship sailed away, Vancouver Police said. Police said Sullivan has planned to bungee jump from the Lions Gate Bridge, which spans the entrance to Vancouver harbor, stopping just above the passing ship so he could then lower himself a short distance to the deck. After failing to land on the ship Sullivan rappelled himself down to the water where he was rescued by a passing water taxi, which turned him over for arrest. Don Detloff Fair Haven, MI, USA
> > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Walter Lesnowich" wrote: > > Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds > > http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html > > > > A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course. > > > > Walt > > A14 "War Horse"

rcdyck

Post by rcdyck » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:55 pm

-Sound like this guy s really desprate for a vacation -- In DSN_klr650@y..., "don_detloff" wrote:
> Here's an update on the latest adventures of our former Harley
rider.
> > > Man Tries to Bungee on to Ship - Misses > 10/02 > A man was charged with criminal mischief on Monday after he > attempted, unsuccessfully, to bungee jump from a Vancouver bridge
to
> the deck of a passing cruise ship. > William Dean Sullivan miscalculated the ship's speed and suffered > minor head injuries on Sunday when he bounced off its tennis
court,
> volleyball net and a deck railing, before being left dangling in
mid-
> air as the ship sailed away, Vancouver Police said. > > Police said Sullivan has planned to bungee jump from the Lions
Gate
> Bridge, which spans the entrance to Vancouver harbor, stopping
just
> above the passing ship so he could then lower himself a short > distance to the deck. After failing to land on the ship Sullivan > rappelled himself down to the water where he was rescued by a
passing
> water taxi, which turned him over for arrest. > > > Don Detloff > Fair Haven, MI, USA > > > > > > --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Walter Lesnowich"
wrote:
> > > Returning motorcyclist crashes new Harley in 10 seconds > > > http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/3338132.html > > > > > > A good reason to take a motorcycle safety course. > > > > > > Walt > > > A14 "War Horse"

Todd Reber

unsubscribe

Post by Todd Reber » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:28 pm

Please unsubscribe me as I am going overseas on a 120 day detail. Regards, Todd Reber __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo! http://sbc.yahoo.com