www.recycler.com klr650

DSN_KLR650
Stuart Heaslet

darien vs. roadcrafter nklr

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:20 pm

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:01:13 -0700 "Kurt Simpson \(Editor Dual Sport News\)" wrote: easy...he ran 60 lbs in the front Gripster and 45 in the
> rear...that'll do it > everytime...
Yeah, maybe so, but on the flip side it must be amazing to you that I got as far as I did before you intervened with your slightly defective pressure gauge. Fireball

Karl Raupp

Post by Karl Raupp » Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:23 pm

That'll do it. I was running about 20 or 22lbs in my TKC-80's and had no problems whatsover, but 60 in a Gripster would prolly put me on my arse soon enough ;) Karl
> easy...he ran 60 lbs in the front Gripster and 45 in the > > rear...that'll do it > > everytime... > >Yeah, maybe so, but on the flip side it must be amazing to >you that I got as far as I did before you intervened with >your slightly defective pressure gauge. > >Fireball
_________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Sun Nov 19, 2000 2:48 pm

> By the way, I've been suffering from a cold throat riding in 30 degree > weather lately. Any suggestions? Thinking about a wind triangle. > > > Ralph E. Hanson > 99 KRL 650 > http://www.wvu.edu/~journal2 > > > >
I use a woven scarf like thing that's best described as a tube that goes around your neck; they must be called something. You can find them at skiing and backpacking stores. Bogdan

Christopher Forrest Elledge

Post by Christopher Forrest Elledge » Sun Nov 19, 2000 5:24 pm

===Orig Mess=== On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:57:14 -0800 (PST), Christopher Forrest Elledge wrote: I am 6'4" and not quite 160 lbs. Damn! IF you're ever in NYC stop by...I'll feed ya somethin' ;') dat brooklyn bum ===End Mess=== "Tumu Rock" bum, Free Food! Now you guys have my attention! I've been working on that ride to eat / eat to ride thing for a few years now, and it's still not done the trick... yet. :) Chris Elledge - metabolizim to change the day after I buy an Aerostich Roanoke VA __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Calendar - Get organized for the holidays! http://calendar.yahoo.com/

DAHLHEIMER PETER

Post by DAHLHEIMER PETER » Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:40 pm

hey, i wasn't laughing at you, i was laughing when your big gun blew up dominic's stomach like a balloon as he was trying to push you up that hill... -----Original Message----- From: Stuart Heaslet To: Karl Raupp; DSN_klr650@egroups.com Sent: 11/18/00 9:14 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] Re: Darien vs. Roadcrafter NKLR On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:30:48 -0000 "Karl Raupp" wrote:
> > The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed > > crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic > were > > busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no > cuts, no > > nothing. > > _________ > > How in the world did you manage to go down on the White > Rim road? > Numerous times??? > > Hee-hee...;)
Go ahead. Tease me. But just remember I'm mean and manipulative. Fireball Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:43 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Bogdan Swider wrote:
> > > > By the way, I've been suffering from a cold throat riding in 30
degree
> > weather lately. Any suggestions? Thinking about a wind triangle. > > > > > > Ralph E. Hanson > > 99 KRL 650 > > http://www.wvu.edu/~journal2
The Aerostich Windtriangle does the trick for me, If you get the one with UltraSuede backing, you can use it through a broader temperature range than the one that is backed with fleece. On really, really cold days (well below freezing), I use a polypro balaclava. I don't use the one with the neoprene nose piece because it seems to direct your breath right into your face shield. Gino

Ed Boyd

Post by Ed Boyd » Mon Nov 20, 2000 9:06 am

Not to be a buzz kill, but if you didn't survive a serious get off, you wouldn't be around to write a letter saying the suit didn't help that much. So the only people writing letters are the lucky\happy survivors. Having said that, I have the Darien jacket and pants and wear both every time I ride. I am very happy with them. Like most of us, I don't expect them to guarentee that I will survive any get off, just trying to reduce my chances of injury and hopefully increasing the survival odds. Also looking for comfort, warmth, ability to keep dry, quality, longevity, blah, blah, blah... In a related note, there's some Volvo sites that have some amazing survival stories about Volvo's. After reading the testomonials you'll be ready to dump your current cage and pick up a brick, unless of course you're already cruising around in a Mercedes or some other rolling safety cage. -Ed
--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Karl Raupp" wrote: > > > always felt that > > > the engineering of the Motoport is underrated. > > > > > > Stuart >> > > Are there any crash stories about the Motoport stuff? Now that the > new Bee-muh is on the way, I must be assilmilated and get a proper > riding suit, and I was thinking the one piece Roadcrafter. I don't > like the price, but they do have good customer service and what is > really selling me are the stories about crashing at speed and > suffering no to very little injury. Aerostitch even has a a pic of > the suit in their magazine, 80 mph get off and only a broken finger. > That kind of story sells suits (and sold me). > > The Motoport stuff has me intriqued, but there isn't that much > difference in suit pricing so that rules out using that as a deciding > factor. > > Karl

Karl Raupp

Post by Karl Raupp » Mon Nov 20, 2000 2:52 pm

> Not to be a buzz kill, but if you didn't survive a serious get off, > you wouldn't be around to write a letter saying the suit didn't
help
> that much. So the only people writing letters are the lucky\happy > survivors.
Yes, I realize that. The point I was making is that there ARE crash stories about the 'stitch, and not any of the other brands. That is pretty surprising don't you think? I don't know if it's becuase of liability worries or just the fact that no one has come out of a high speed slide with just minor injury or who knows ??? Karl