www.recycler.com klr650

DSN_KLR650
Tumu Rock

darien vs. roadcrafter nklr

Post by Tumu Rock » Sat Nov 18, 2000 3:18 pm

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:57:14 -0800 (PST), Christopher Forrest Elledge wrote: I am 6'4" and not quite 160 lbs. Damn! IF you're ever in NYC stop by...I'll feed ya somethin' ;') dat brooklyn bum _______________________________________________________ Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

k650dsn@aol.com

Post by k650dsn@aol.com » Sat Nov 18, 2000 3:27 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, "Karl Raupp" wrote:
> Now that the > new Bee-muh is on the way, I must be assilmilated and get a proper > riding suit..... > Karl
It's a whole new life style, Karl. You need a flip face helmet, Aerostitch suit, aluminum or BMW boxes on the bike as well as some shiny skid plates, headlight guards and all that. But most of all, you must never, ever, ever take it off road ;-) Gino

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:12 pm

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:01:36 -0000 "Karl Raupp" wrote:
> Are there any crash stories about the Motoport stuff?
The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic were busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no cuts, no nothing. The Motoport has armor covering the elbow and arms in addition to the chest and back. Stuart

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:12 pm

The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic were busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no cuts, no nothing. The Motoport has armor covering the elbow and arms in addition to the chest and back. Stuart

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:29 pm

The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic were busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no cuts, no nothing. _________ We wern't laughing our gut out...we were merely smiling broadly...very broadly and it was concealed beneath our goggles (g)... Kurt

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:30 pm

I disagree with the opinion that the Aerostich is better or preferred over the Motoport for cold weather, wet weather. Even if I were living exclusively in the far north, I would choose Motoport for its versatility in all weather conditions. During my travels I met a lot of people with 'Stich suits (two piece) and I was told they leaked during prolonged riding in the rain, especially in the crotch. I never had that problem in the two piece Motoport (DIFI Ultra II), and I had many days of 8-12 hours of riding in cold rain. Granted, the fact that the suit is uncoated Cordura meant that the jacket and pants got wet, but the Gore-Tex thermal/moisture liners, with their wet weather zipper seal flaps did their job. The Cordurs dries quickly in motel rooms. There were a number of times when the external armored suit was still wet in the morning, but it made no difference because the thermal/moisture liners were always dry. On the other side of the scale, hot weather is pleasant to ride when you stop in a gas station, go to the water hose and pour water inside and onto the Cordura. Unlike the 'Stich, it holds water and keep you reasonably cool for a couple of hours. People get a kick out of watching you do this, too. Makes for a better on-road social life. I understand that the engineering of this suit has many people wondering if it really works. It does, and it does so in all humidity conditions, and in temperatures ranging from 40 deg F to over 100 deg F wearing only T shirt and shorts underneath. Long sleeve shirt and t-shirt with jeans will let you ride down to 30 degrees. Add one more polypropylene layer and you're good to 20 degrees F. I've done this personally. That's my .03 for the day. Stuart

Karl Raupp

Post by Karl Raupp » Sat Nov 18, 2000 7:14 pm

> Hey Carl...the Aerostich is the MANDATORY UNIFORM OF THE DAY for
all Beemer
> piolts!!
Yeah, I know, I know ;) Karl

Karl Raupp

Post by Karl Raupp » Sat Nov 18, 2000 7:30 pm

> The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed > crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic were > busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no cuts, no > nothing. > _________
How in the world did you manage to go down on the White Rim road? Numerous times??? Hee-hee...;) Karl

Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News)

Post by Kurt Simpson (Editor Dual Sport News) » Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:02 pm

> The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed > crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic were > busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no cuts, no > nothing. > _________
How in the world did you manage to go down on the White Rim road? Numerous times??? ______________ easy...he ran 60 lbs in the front Gripster and 45 in the rear...that'll do it everytime... Kurt

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:16 pm

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:30:48 -0000 "Karl Raupp" wrote:
> > The Motoport kept me intact during 4 or five low speed > > crashes on the White Rim while Kurt, Pete and Dominic > were > > busting their gut laughing at me. No abrasions, no > cuts, no > > nothing. > > _________ > > How in the world did you manage to go down on the White > Rim road? > Numerous times??? > > Hee-hee...;)
Go ahead. Tease me. But just remember I'm mean and manipulative. Fireball