hard to start - non klr

DSN_KLR650
Ron and Brenda Moorhouse

(no subject)

Post by Ron and Brenda Moorhouse » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:25 am

I had a great 3 days of riding in the Stanislaus Natl Forest near my home. On Sunday, however, my 06 began missing at higher rpm's under power. Ran just fine as long as I shifted into higher gear or when revving the engine in neutral. I rode at several elevations from 3500 ft to 7000 ft. Didn't matter. After a couple of times experiencing this, I just rode it easy the rest of day without getting rpm's up high enough to miss. Got home and have not had a chance to check anything out yet. Any thoughts??? Ron Moorhouse Modesto, CA [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Robert T. Reid III

(no subject)

Post by Robert T. Reid III » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 pm

I have tusks and I'm very happy [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Gregory Caruso

(no subject)

Post by Gregory Caruso » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi digger, Yes, I did come in as a tourist but as soon as the plates were seen by the Gerdarmine, they said I neede to get insurance and then get the paper of conformity. I had 3 months as a tourist by using my passport. They were real nice to me just told me that I could not ride on the road because of the French road tax, the insurance, and above the letter of conformity. Appreciate all the support fellows. Greg [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Ron and Brenda Moorhouse

(no subject)

Post by Ron and Brenda Moorhouse » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:39 am

I just checked my valves at 8700 miles. The first time I checked and adjusted was at 1000 miles. Here are original values, adjustments made at 1000, and current values: 1000 mile 1000 mile 8700 mile Check Adjusted Check LE 0.007 0.009 0.009 RE 0.007 0.009 0.009 LI 0.005 0.007 0.006 RI 0.007 NONE 0.007 I would like to just button back up leaving Left Int as is. Advice please! Ron Moorhouse Modesto, CA [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

rainbowwarrior24us@yahoo.com

(no subject)

Post by rainbowwarrior24us@yahoo.com » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:12 pm

thank you all for your responses I am learning LOL 60 years old never to old to learn t/y all again

Paul Christopherson

(no subject)

Post by Paul Christopherson » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:06 am

I hope this is not correct. I am a veteran myself and I feel it was a privelage to wear the uniform. I don't want any joe off the street to be able to share in that. Ever notice how people against the military or those that didn't serve always want to wear camos? hum? Hey thanks for serving! Paul Christopherson [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Jud Jones

(no subject)

Post by Jud Jones » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:31 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Paul Christopherson wrote: Ever notice how people against the military or those that didn't serve always want to wear camos? I never notice anybody wearing camos. Isn't that the point?

Mark Davis

(no subject)

Post by Mark Davis » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:58 am

You cannot help the poor, by destroying the rich. * You cannot strengthen the weak, by weakening the strong. * You cannot bring about prosperity, by discouraging thrift. * You cannot lift the wage earner up, by pulling the wage payer down. * You cannot further the brotherhood of man, by inciting class hatred. * You cannot build character and courage, by taking away people's initiative and independence. * You cannot help people permanently, by doing for them what they could and should, do for themselves. Do you recognize the author? It was Abraham Lincoln [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

eddie self

(no subject)

Post by eddie self » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 am

What ever the doo? You guys have me doing things I never thought I would ever attempt ,swaping brake shoes,breaking down front tire by hand and stuffig in heavy tube in new front tire,going to upgrade front brakes ,rotor braided line ect while friend does the do and gonna watch closely while my friend does the doo.I only take short trips up to a couple hundred miles and get butterflies everytime i pass a big truck thinking about that damed doo coming apart , it will be done this winter eddie self 2001 klr650 little ove 8000 all back paved road no off roading some dirt when i get that doo in i have a few backwooods places to visit and those riding front pegs and engine guard from arrowhead are great Its really wierd to compair the 2 doo 1 from eagle mike(fred0 about 2 yrs ago the other from studibaker They look exactly alike I WILL be looking at the original (from my bike)in a couple of weeks since I have over 8000 ,should I change the chain or anyother gears in there when doing the doohicky change out ? my friend has a 2004 with less than 1200 miles, never seen a dirt road or a rain drop , If he ever gets tired of it its gone (my way )he rode mine for a few days and sold his goldwing back in 2002 but now never rides much at all maybe to store or just short trips around the neighborhood .what a waste this bike has never been wet always in garage eddie [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

thomas cole

(no subject)

Post by thomas cole » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm

How do I turn off the NKLR stuff that shows up on our forum? I only want to read about klr's. It's been a while since I originally joined the group so I'm a little rusty. Some of the NKLR stuff has gotten out of hand, please advise. Thanks Tom A20,Lime Ricky __________________________________________________________________ Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]