gold country dual sport ride

DSN_KLR650

boots

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:51 am

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, "Andrus Chesley" wrote:
> > You will have to learn to put on some big-ass > boots in >the morning, though. Can't ride a KLR > in sneakers > > Oh! I fine riding mine with sneakers, loafers or > boots doesn't really make a difference to the > bike. > > Andy
Heck, I didn't even know boots had an ass much less big one. Gino

Mike Render

boots

Post by Mike Render » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:54 am

I have been riding in a pair of the Sidi Discoverys for over two years now and they have been great. Get them big enough to wear thick wool in the winter and you won't have a problem with cold and wear thin wool in the summer and you'll be good to go. You can walk OK in them after a couple months. Mike Render _________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail

Zachariah Mully

boots

Post by Zachariah Mully » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:48 am

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 09:54, Mike Render wrote:
> I have been riding in a pair of the Sidi Discoverys for over two years now > and they have been great. Get them big enough to wear thick wool in the > winter and you won't have a problem with cold and wear thin wool in the > summer and you'll be good to go. You can walk OK in them after a couple > months. > > Mike Render
Or use the footbeds from your old sneakers to make up the difference. I dislike wool in the summer, but my cotton MX socks aren't thick enough to make up the difference, so I use two footbeds. Z DC A5X A11X

Andrus Chesley

boots

Post by Andrus Chesley » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:14 am

Well, one thing I can add about the boot thread is these high dollar BMW Concourse Boots that cost about 360 (That if I knew they were gonna cost that darn much I would not have ordered cause I wanted the next lower style really ) out the door don't seem to have anymore protection than these Redwing Steeltoed workboots that's sitting next to them that cost about 120 out the door. Course, the Redwings don't have Gortex but a heck of a lot easier to get on and off. Oh yea, I just carry a set of tennis shoes for the campgrounds. Andy in Louisiana

rmeredith@shaw.ca

boots

Post by rmeredith@shaw.ca » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:29 am

I need to find a pair of boots that are good for dual-sport riding, are waterproof, cool in the heat, warm in the cool, comfortable for walking around in, look good (no gawdy canary yellow crap on it). I am looking at the Oxtar Matrix Gore-tex boot which pretty much covers everything except for being cool. Any ideas? Thanks, eh Rubbernuts

April Neave & Norm Keller

boots

Post by April Neave & Norm Keller » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:02 am

>I need to find a pair of boots that are good for dual->sport riding, >are waterproof, cool in the heat, warm in the cool, >comfortable for >walking around in, look good (no gawdy canary yellow >crap on it).
A big pair of yellow boots would be just the thing! You'd be perfectly coordinated if the exhaust "Tweety" starts up. Norm P.S. We'll be at Sunshine this weekend if you're in the area. Maybe you can drag the old guy from Harrison up for a coffee?

Roy

boots

Post by Roy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:44 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, rmeredith@s... wrote:
> I need to find a pair of boots that are good for dual-sport riding, > are waterproof, cool in the heat, warm in the cool, comfortable for > walking around in, look good (no gawdy canary yellow crap on it). I > am looking at the Oxtar Matrix Gore-tex boot which pretty much
covers
> everything except for being cool. Any ideas? > > Thanks, eh > > Rubbernuts
Maybe the answer is five different pair of boots. Roy Cope

Randall Marbach

boots

Post by Randall Marbach » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:57 pm

Hi All I need to get a pair of motorcycle boots soon. I wear a size 14 shoe. It looks like AlpineStar Tech 4's will work, but I have the option to get either motocross sole or an all terrain enduro sole. Which is the best for general dualsport riding on the back roads of Baja, Death Valley, etc. Is there another boot I should be looking at? TIA Randy from Burbank _______________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today! http://vote.yahoo.com

Paul

boots

Post by Paul » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:27 pm

You might consider Thor T-30's. Great boots at a fraction of the price and they come with either sole as well. The sole choice would depend on how good a rider you are and how bullet proof you've made your KLR. If you don't get PD nerfs from Happy Trails you should get the all terrain sole 'cause you're gonna be walking :) --- In DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com, Randall Marbach wrote:
> Hi All > > I need to get a pair of motorcycle boots soon. I wear > a size 14 shoe. It looks like AlpineStar Tech 4's will > work, but I have the option to get either motocross > sole or an all terrain enduro sole. Which is the best > for general dualsport riding on the back roads of > Baja, Death Valley, etc. > > Is there another boot I should be looking at? > > TIA > > Randy from Burbank > > > > _______________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today! > http://vote.yahoo.com

ktamcm@aol.com

boots

Post by ktamcm@aol.com » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:15 pm

In a message dated 10/12/2004 12:58:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, remarbach@... writes: Hi All I need to get a pair of motorcycle boots soon. I wear a size 14 shoe. It looks like AlpineStar Tech 4's will work, but I have the option to get either motocross sole or an all terrain enduro sole. Which is the best for general dualsport riding on the back roads of Baja, Death Valley, etc. Is there another boot I should be looking at? TIA Randy from Burbank reply below--------------------------------------------------------- I have the ATV sole and like them just fine. The boot does leak a bit under heavy rain and I use Alpinestars Boot wax in them too. Ok boots for $150. Kurt Thomas Va Beach, VA [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]